These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

An Adventure! Sort of

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/19/2008 3:58 PM

OOC: READ BEFORE YOU POST! I don't want more than 2 other people in here. Thanks!

Image Image

"Mage, you sure that we'll find adventure out here?"
"Shuttup, you. Do you wanna have an adventure or not?"
"Yes."
"Then just follow me, and DON'T TALK."
The Dalma did as he was told. Even though he was curious, he never liked to cause trouble either, and with Mage, well, you don't want to be in trouble with him either. But you would choose being in trouble with anyone over Mage. He has a temper that you don't want to mess with. Riding on that Mage was right, Kasilke was fine with following him. Though it did bug him that he sometimes lost sight of him. His size and color didn't help, that's for sure. But then again, his temper and attitude makes up for it. Trotting along, Kasilke sniffed about, his nose twitching at the different smells of the forest. Why did it smell so familiar? He'd never been here before. All he remembered before arriving at Rena and Marie's zoo was the jostling darkness. Then why did he remember this smell so well?
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/19/2008 5:12 PM

Image ~~ Image

Marcellus Pye ~~ Isis Hotep

"Where could it be?" Marcellus grumbled, his voice rasping metallically. He hated his voice. Just as much (if not more) than he did the rest of his body, a metal and feathers. He remembered the days he used to spend in his old labratory, dressed in elaborate, flowing robes, and working on his experiments. And human.

Yes, the Corbine had once been human. Marcellus Pye, Alchemist, Magician, and Physicist to be exact. He had planned on staying human for some time to come. Some time being forever.

That was his plan, eternal life. Some old hag told him the key was in the basement of an old library. True, there had been something there, but not what he had been looking for. Just a parchment. With a spell written on it. Pye had tried the spell, believing this to be the key. All it did was turn him into this stupid, feather coated, bone eating, bucket of bolts.

He threw a glance over at his assistant, a bright red Nagi. She was most definantally the one he trusted the most in this world. She had been the seventh egg to hatch in a clutch layed by the seventh to hatch from her own. Marcellus had a bit of an obcession with the number seven. Espcially "seven of seven." Those that are born the seventh of the seventh usually have an unheardof magical talent. Isis could detect magical objects, no matter where they might be hidden.

"Masssster Marcellusss..." Isis said, her voice heavy with the hissing accent most snakes had.

Marcellus turned, again cursing his body for the lack of manuverability on the ground. "What is it, Isis?" he asked, aticipation in his crackeling voice. Had she seen something?

"There'sss two beingsss not too far ahead. One'sss very defined. I think it'sss one of thosse Shshshimin creaturesss."

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/20/2008 12:24 AM

OOC: Okay, but for now we'll just continue Mick. Join in when you can.

Kasilke looked up from a very interesting smelling plant. He'd heard something. "Mage..." he whispered, patting him. "Shhhh..." the Shimin commanded. "But Mage-"
"Shhh!"
Kas growled, but didn't say anything. Sometimes that Shimin was too tempermental. "Wait." he said, actually noticing it too. His horns were like little satellites that picked up on magic, and the Nagi being the seventh of the seventh was giving off a heavy electrical charge. "Someone's following us." Kas rolled his eyes. "Oh really?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/20/2008 3:32 PM

The Nagi stared through the bushes, eyes out of focus. "He sseesss usss," she hissed, shaking herself slightly. Her eyes refocused and locked onto the form of her master. He was busily poking his beak through the foliage. "Massster?"

Marcellus sighed. "Not now, Isis. I think I see something." His red optics were trained onto a shimmering piece of metal. It was lodged in the branches, dirty and half covered with leaves, but still recognizable. It was a pendant. His pendant. His beak pulled at it, his talons scratched at the wood, but the stubborn shrub held firm.

"Hey!" he shouted. "Hello! You there! Could you help me?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/22/2008 7:11 PM

Kas jumped. That was... weird. The people who were following them were asking for help? Kas started to walk toward them, the trusting one he was, but Mage grabbed him and dug his little claws into it. "Stop. I smell Alchemy." he said, anger present in his voice. "We need to approach carefully. He could be dangerous." Mage voiced his guess. But then again, most Alchemists were bumbling fools, trying to do experiments that no one could be sure worked. Kasilke wrinkled his nose as the smell met him too. It wasn't that bad, just odd. Very odd. "Oh, c'mon Mage, he needs help." Before the Shimin could stop him, he was bounding up the hill like an excited puppy. "I'm coming, Mr. Alchemist!" he barked.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/24/2008 3:55 PM

Marcellus attempted to frown, but found it nearly impossible with a beak. He sighed, and glanced around the hedge. He saw a Dalma bounding up toward them, a green figure not too far downhill. Two figures. One a Shimin. Isis was right again.

"Did you doubt me, Massster?" Isis asked as if on cue.

Marcellus turned his attention from the other pets. "Are you absolutely sure you don't read my mind?"

"I sswear on my honor as a sssnake.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/25/2008 7:26 PM

"You said you needed help?" asked Kas in his friendly manner, his tongue lolling out of his mouth on the side to cool him. Man, that was a steep hill. He looked down at the little disk he was trying to get out. "I'll get that for you!" he yelped happily, and grabbed at a branch of the shrub with his teeth. The pendant fell out with a dull thud. Kas quickly swiped it up, holding it up to the Corbine. Suddenly Mage was upon him, ripping the pendant off him. "You idiot! That pendant could've KILLED you! You don't know what kind of magic is held in it!" Kas whimpered, Mage's claws were digging into the back of his neck.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/26/2008 8:57 AM

"Not much, by my estimates, Marcellus explained with a metallic groan. "It won't react to anyone who lacks magical abilities. I'm assuming that your canine friend has only a trace, if that. You, on the other hand, are absolutely covered by magic. An arua of sorts. At least, that's how my assistant discribes it."

Isis, who had been busy staring at the amulet, snapped back to reality. The medallion was one of those things the pair had been searching for. Her master said it had something to do with turning him human again.

'Wait until my brother hears about this!'

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/26/2008 9:31 AM

Mage gave him a long glare. "Well, good." he said finally, letting go of Kas and dropping to the forest floor. "Kas, now that you've helped this... Corbine, we'd better be getting on." he said quietly, turning and walking towards the steep slope. "Wait!"
Mage turned around. Kasilke was still standing in the same place. "Come on, Kasilke. I will not be left to wait." Kasilke's eyes gave away his fear for a second, but he quickly reminded himself that he could do whatever he wanted. "No." he said simply, turning back to the Corbine. "No? NO?" Mage hissed, and jumped at him, but Kasilke was faster. He kicked back with his hind legs, which didn't hit Mage dead on, but knocked him off balance.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items