These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2008 7:20 PM

((This feels like a weird place to cut in, but here I go! :P))

ImageImageImage
Random~~~~Avani~~~~Hazel

It was such a strange feeling! Ever since I could remember--although admittedly, my memory didn't go very far back--I had always been with my Mom and my aunt and uncle. Well. When you get right down to it, Sky was something of my sister, being as Mom raised her too and all, from an egg. You know. So it was very odd, it was, when she actually told me to go away! Oh dear. I make her sound so unkind! Um... Well, it wasn't like that. You see, ever since the war ended--look at me, I talk like I was there! I wasn't even born!--mom, and I guess the rest of my family--well, she was pretty angry at her mother. Her mother put her into the war, and I guess she wasn't happy about it. She also has this thing about dogs, and I suppose they'd gotten a Dalma and a couple Lucain while she was away. That was basically the final nail in the coffin for her. She adopted an enormous Seraphent (and I mean bigger than usual, even), packed up her worldly possessions and her crew (me, this Shinzo named Hazel whom her parents got for her, and of course Aunt Skycutter and Uncle Krii), and took off, unwilling to return.

We were traveling through Roraldi, of course, and as it happened we were running low on food. So, trying to help me "grow up" a little (so she said!), she sent me off into the forest to forage for some edible plants and fruit or something. I've always felt oddly at home around plants, so I figured I could do it. But just to watch out for me, you know, she sent Hazel along with me. And because he was being annoying, she sent Random along too. Ever since that... incident... we'd been forced to put up with him.

"Good lordy, what an infodump!" he howled mysteriously as we walked along the path. The trees were too thick for flying, and I worried I'd get lost if we went above the canopy. Nobody "gets" Random, I should note--we call him that for a reason. He always says these weird, mysterious things, and we think he's crazy.

Of course, every time you think about Random being crazy, he always says (and here he went again): "Crazy? I'm the only sane man in this godforsaken teenaged girl wasteland!" Hazel flicked her tail at him to shut him up.

"Don't mind him, Avani," Hazel said to me. Since we were friends, she was using her natural voice around me--the big, resonant deep one. If I ever make enough money, I'll pay for her to fix that. I feel sorry for her.

"Are we in the scene yet?" Random complained.

"In the--huh?"

Up ahead, I noticed two odd creatures. I had never seen any others like them before, and yet--and yet, somehow, they were so oddly familiar! I nosed forward between the trees, watching them move.

They looked like me, I realized. Just like me--was that possible?

[11, 1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/08/2008 7:22 PM

[[A'ightie.]]

Angela paused for a moment and chuckled.  "I guess I should explain... Lucain are two- or three-tailed wolves--the number of tails depends on their gender--and Paragons are... well, we're like dragons.  There are many Paragon species out there... so many different wings and tail types, too..." She ruffled her feathers and smiled.  "For example, I am a Pipe Paragon with Angelic wings and a Fur-tail, with the Mystwalker marking--don't try to look for it, you won't find it; no one can.  You are a DesertHorn Paragon with RazorWings and Spiketail, and Skull, Bones, and Splotched markings." She said, using the first random examples that came to mind.

{8}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/08/2008 7:28 PM

Andy's brain whirled at all these new names. And for once, perhaps, it seemed to be too much for the poor little [or should I say huge?] Paragon, and he promptly slumped to the ground. His wings flickered, but he stayed still.

[9] [[Wow... he really is a baby. xD]]

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2008 7:40 PM

Paragon...?

I'm sorry if it was evesdropping, but I couldn't help but overhear what the one dragon said. Was I--was that? Was I a Paragon? I had a long, limber body like they did, and an angled head with several long ridges along it. I had wings, and a long tail. Did that make me a Paragon too? Were these others--were they like me?

I stepped out between the branches. I hope they didn't mind me interrupting. Oh, I hoped they weren't on a date or anything!

"Excuse me," I said, clearing my throat.

Oh, I hoped they didn't mind...

Hazel, who had been fluttering around my head, landed squarely on my back. She settled herself comfortably between the crook of my wings. Random complained at her, but softly.

[12, 2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/08/2008 7:46 PM

One of Angela's eyes turned at the sound of the voice.  When it landed on the Placid Paragon with her Merham and Candle Shinzo companions, she smiled.  "Why, hello there.  I am known as Angela." She said, turning so she could look at both Andy and Avani.

Then, turning her head slightly to Andy, she said, "I'm... sorry if I'm confusing you with this... Sometimes, as Aila tells me, I can't keep myself from going over all the facts I know about a certain species of Paragon or the markings of a Lucain..."

{9}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/08/2008 7:51 PM

Andy's eyes blinked open. At first, he though he was seeing double, but then he noticed the females were different colors. Letting out a "Urmf.." he stood up into a sitting position. His wounds were still a bright nasty red, but he extended a clawed hand anyhow to Avani. "Andy Loveheart, pleased to meet your aquaintance." He turned his head to Angela again, gold pupil-less eyes on her eight. "It's alright. I-I just... everything here's so strange... I mean, you guys don't even have birds that look the same..." He looked up at the treetops, where large falcon-like birds stared down at him with narrowed eyes.

[10]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2008 8:00 PM

"No... no... Not at all... Please, go on."

I lifted my head. "A... a Paragon, you say? Am I a... a Paragon too?" She seemed very smart. Maybe she knew.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Hazel's falsetto whispered to me. "Hey! That nice boy is trying to shake your claw!"

"Oh! Of course!" I dipped my head to the large, black-and-gray male.  "Avani Dashall. Nice to meet you."

I FELT Random roll his eyes.

[13, 3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/08/2008 8:08 PM

Angela's kind gold eyes turned to Avani for a moment.  The four that were fixed on her seemed to widen as she whispered, "You... you're one of the first six Paragon to ever roam Evelon... yes... You're the Earth Paragon: Placid with Ecliptic wings, and with Flame, Ivy, and Belly markings..." After a moment of just sitting, Angela turned back to Andy.

"That's what Aila and her friends said when they came here.  Their biggest complaint was that there was no music school here, so they made their own music school." She shrugged, and then, added on, "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Avani."

{10}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/09/2008 9:08 PM

"Avani... I think I heard Pima talk about you." He turned to Angela. "I LOVE music! Especially the Beatles." Pima's father had always loved the Beatles, but Pima took an interest in particular songs, like "Come Together", and "All You Need is Love".

[11]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/09/2008 10:11 PM

The first six? The first? Me, one of the first of something? I was special?

I honestly didn't know what to think about all that. The Earth Paragon! Was that something special? Did that mean I had some kind of role or job? You're never the anything unless that something is really special. But how do you ask about that kind of thing?

"Well, I... But then... No, I can't be one of the first! Then where did you all come from...? I don't feel like the first. Do I have to do something special? Does that mean I have some kind of destiny? The Earth Paragon?"

And it figures. I was rambling just like Mom.

"And behold, what happens when two personal canons collide!" Random said grandly. "THIS'll be fun."

Her voice even more artificially high than usual, Hazel peeked over my shoulder at the mention of music. "Oh! I love music! Have you ever heard the song 'This Will Be Our Year?' It's my all-time favorite."

[14, 4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/12/2008 3:22 PM

Angela shook her head.  "No, I've never heard of that song... my sister and her friends are all a part of a band and an orchestra, and my sister rarely listens to anything other than classical or jazz music." She said, shrugging.  "As for the whole 'first' Paragon deal... there were six eggs discovered; three by the Purines, three by the Imperials.  Earth, Sky, Ice, Magma, Coal, and Ash--these are the first Paragon to walk Evelon.  We others... we just appeared here, as the Lucain with no lineage appear here." Angela explained.

{11}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous