These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Lost in the Forest (P)

Postby amberra » 09/22/2008 7:02 PM

I'lanae, the female Lucain, spun towards Telemachus, her male companion and snarled, What do you mean we're lost!
Telemachus barely avoided her claws as she leapt at him. He had been told by their trainer that she was quite 'emotional' and got angry 'very easily' but he had not expected her to be this bad!
I...I'm sorry, Miss I'lanae. he said, hoping to calm her down. It was an accident, I didn't mean to get us lost. Seeing her fierce look, he quickly added, But it was completely my fault, and I will get us out of this mess! He looked around and murmured to himself, Now, does the moss grow on the north or the south side...and which direction did we come from?
You don't even know in where our pen is? She leapt at him again, and this time she did not miss. Luckily though, she did not hit him with her claws, only plowed into him and knocked him over, rolling him onto his back. Standing over him, her bared teeth mere inches from his face, she growled, Get us out of here, now.
<center>Image</center>

Clickie please? -------> Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thank you to MillietheWarrior for my banner and avvie!!!
amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/23/2008 4:19 PM

Quail heard a very viscious noise, and being her curious old self, she instantly started towards it. Then she saw a female standing over a male growling. Not while I'm here you don't Quail thought, and without a second thought she launched herslef onto the back of the female, growling and claws extended.

Meanwhile, Aitaitaru Suran was left alone, in the dense wooded area. Ai was not normally left alone, and he didn't want to now, but he decidedly was tired of Quail-sfa's companionship. She didn't like him courting her, and she shot down his every attempt at conversation. It was like murder! And now, she just shoots off in some random direction and leaves him to guess where to go. Lucky him.
But, he was at leaste left ot his thoughts! He knew that he had a breeding schedualed with Midna, the lucain with a doll that had kept him courting her. Then he had others, but he hadn't a clue with whom! But at leaste he knew that Quail-sfa had more breedings then he, so that left him some comfort.

While Ai was thinking he accidentaly stumbled onto Telemachus. "Oh! Sir, I'm dreadfully sorry-" He looked up. There was Quail on the back of another female snarling visciously. THis was not good.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/23/2008 4:35 PM

I'lanae cursed as she felt the weight of another lucain weigh heavily on her back. Having fought since a pup though, she knew that unless this lucain, too, had been trained to fight, it would be an easy battle. She quickly rolled onto her stomach, pushing up with her legs, so that she hurled the other lucain, who she saw was a female, a little ways away. Who are you to get involved in the fights of others? she growled fiercely. And you are obviously unwise when it comes to fighting. You don't just leap upon an unknown enemy without first assessing their strengths and weaknesses.
Her anger was beginning to die down, thankfully, but still she threw a piercing glare in the direction of the female lucain. How dare she interrupt her fight! If you could call it a fight, that is. She had only wrestled Telemachus to the ground, and he was used to it.

Telemachus looked up at the lucain who had accidentaly tripped over him and said, It's no problem. I'm sure it was an accident. Turning now to see what had so quickly grabbed the attention of his pen mate, he was surprised to see yet another lucain on her back. Within an instant, though, she was there no longer. Telemachus struggled to his feet as I'lanae talked. Once she finished, still a bit afraid that a much worse fight would ensue, he quickly spoke up.
I thank you for your help, he said to the female, for it was pretty ovbious that she had come to help him, unknowing that the greatest danger he was in was from the anger of a pen mate.
I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding. You see, my pen mate and I, he turned and gestured with his tail towards I'lanae. Where not actually fighting. I, quite mistakenly, have gotten turned around in this blasted confusing forest, and have gotten us lost. My companion, who has a quick temper, was only telling me that it was quite crucial that I get us out of this forest.
He couldn't help but smile as I'lanae looked proud at his comment.
Now, let me introduce myself and my companion, for I have been rude by not doing so. I am Telemachus. And my beautiful yet passionate companion is I'lanae. And you are...?
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/23/2008 4:54 PM

Quail-sfa was seething and had to forcibly sheathe her claws and very nearly lept at I'lanae. Seh bit her tounge so she would not give herself away, and positively refused to speak. Her tails were lashing to and fro and if that ungrateful nasty horrible cruel.. she was out of words to describe the female across from her. But she did say one thing and her voice was like icicles, as she said, "I have much,  much more expirience then you little pup. So I suggest you keep you flytrap from saying one more thing to me." And her statement was true. She did have much moree expirience then the other female, and had just faught rashly, without a cool head, as she normally did. Never, ever, break into a fight in anger! IT only gets you beaten!

Aitatiaru was at a loss. So he gained up his composure and warmyl introduced himself and the fuming Quail, "Hello there, I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way! I am Aitaitaru Suran, or just Ai if you like, and this here is Quail-sfa Amreikadoru. A pleasure!" he spoke kindly and warmly, if not more to Telemachus then I'lanae.

The fool! He told her her last name! No one was to know her full name! This was just enough to get Quail's anger coursing again. She always introduced herself as her sister, 'Tyani Moraina.' "YOu fool!" She seethed her voice reached only Ai's ears and he visibley winced, or more over twitched at this. HE could never withstand her anger.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/23/2008 7:51 PM

I'lanae, seething, hissed through clenched teeth, Ever cross me agian and we'll see who's the better fighter! She started towards the other female threateningly, but Telemachus stepped in front of her.
I'lanae heard as the male lucain spoke to her, and was shocked to hear him speak to her as an equal, even after seeing her act as fiercely as she just did. Many people looked down on her after seeing her fight, thinkin her to be some kind of demon. But he...he was nice! And he seemed to be speaking more to her than to Telemachus...she pushed that thought aside.
Well, Aitatiaru, you had better keep that fool beside you in check, or I may just have to teach her a lesson.
She did not know why she had called him by his full name and not the shorter version he had requested, other than the fact that she did not wish to appear soft and vulnerable. As much as she longed to believe that he meant her no harm, and was not just another enemy in disguise, she could not. All her instincts, and memories of the past screamed to her to not let down her gaurd for an instant.

I'lanae! Telemachus could not believe how horrible she was being! These lucains may be their only way out, and she was treating them like garbage!
Please, ignore her harsh words. She was wronged as a pup, abandoned by her owner and parents, and the pain of that deed has never left her. It has wounded her heart. Please do not hold it againt her.

ooc: you know that ur male and I'lanae have a breeding scheduled right? Perhaps this could lay down the base for that. If I'lanae gets to know him at least a little bit now, perhaps she won't tear his throat out later in the breeding room when he approaches her, haha.
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/23/2008 8:23 PM

((Yeah... that woul dbe bad. I dun want a dead lucain on my hands!))

Ah, well then, are you going anywhere in particular? Or are you just wandering the forest as we are? Ai ignored the part about Quail. He was very protective of her, and he felt the need to keep her out of harms way. I'lanae took to his interest, suprisingly, and he felt this tingling in his belly, but he just shook it off.

Oh, I shall relish the moment, I'lanae, but seeing how our men are trying to keep one of us from killing the other, we shall be courteous and respect one another for the time being? I should hate to see either of our boys here from seeing our little fued. Quail said to I'lanae, smiling falsely. Although, she truely did not want Ai interfereing, nor Telemachus. Her nature was yelling at her to hiss and spit, but she at least had some self control and composure, so she thought.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/24/2008 5:21 PM

Telemachus looked in Ai's direction and said Well, as I said before, we are actually lost. I was trying to show I'lanae here that there is still beauty in the world around us. He sighed deeply, his concern for I'lanae evident. But she would not believe me. She carries a heavy burden, and her pain is ever present.

Fine then. I'lanae said to Quail. But I will be watching you...do not try to trick me. It will end very badly for you.
She turned as Telemachus began speaking, and snarled, enraged, at his last comment about her.How would you know how I feel? Although she tried to sound harsh and fear-inspiring, she dipped her head in anguish, and she could not keep her voice from cracking at the memory of her parents and her trainer, leaving her alone...
I'lanae cursed herself for her foolish soft-hearted nature, and tried her best to look as if the comment did not bother her. But it did.
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/25/2008 7:47 PM

((*curses* Sorry got a little side -tracked!))

Quail felt the urge to comfort I'lanae, and her mood changed dramatically. But Quail knew that I'lanae would not take kindly to any kind gesture from her. Ah, I do not lie I'lanae. It is something I can only do when Ai here is not around. HEr voice got really scholary as she said it, but not aloof, she intended to sound nicer, and failed to do so resulting in her tone.

Ai just shook his head slightly before responding. Well then, shall we show you and the wonderfull young lady to your pen, or would you wish to join us in our midday picknick? I'm sure you both would enjoy this wonderfull day in this lovely forest!

Oh.... He's courting her! This is... unexpected... Quail thought as she realized Ai's intent. She always knew what he was going to do, but this... This was not expected. She was a viscious little lady and he was still taking his time to court her. Quails face betrayed shock for a slight moment, before she regained her composure, and hoped no one had seen.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/27/2008 10:00 AM

((no prob))

Telemachus looked over at I'lanae, and instantly regretted what he had said. He had not meant to hurt her. He wanted to take it back, to say he was worry, but he was sure that she would take it as weakness on his part. Besides, he did not want to embarress her in front of Quail and Ai...
I'm sure that we would be delighted to join your picnic, if that is what you so wish. Telemachus said, noticing that Ai seemed to be more interested in knowing whether or not I'lanae was coming...

I'lanae, suddenly softened by memories of her past, said, in a pretty voice that was not marred with hatred, I believe you, and I hold you to your word that you will not lie or try to trick me in any way. She turned to Ai as he began to speak, and felt warmth creep into her cheeks as he referred to her as 'wonderful'. No one who had ever seen the way she acted had called her anything kind or complementary, and this was quite a change...
I'lanae shook her head to clear it. She could not get involved in these...emotions! She knew all too well what could happen when she did that...but perhaps now things were diferrent? Telemachus had never hurt her, at least not on purpose. Perhaps not everyone was out to get her, as she once thought. But wether or not this new theory was true, only time would tell. But for now, I'lanae decided that she could at least try to be a bit nicer.
Thank you for inviting us. I, too, would be glad to join your picnic. She offered a shy smile...her first smile in quite a while. She was amazed to find that it felt...good.
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/27/2008 12:13 PM

Ai smiled warmly back, and stepped beside I"lanae, and speaking to only her he said, Well, then let me guide to a mirthful pasture where we shall dine. He was escpecially glad that I'lanae was softening up, and he loved that dazzling smile, no matter how small, he knew that it was one that was not given out lightly.

Quail smiled at the two. Ai wwould be in for some teasing when those two left, but she felt that it would be some time before they all left and went back to their respectful pens. WEll then, I've never seen Ai court so passionately before, ah well, I guess its for the best! Quail spoke to Telemachus cheerily before challenging him, Shall we race? I'm feeling awfully giddy now. Quail privately hoped that he wouldn't be one of those mediocre males that always let the female win. She liked winning fairly.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/28/2008 7:40 PM

Alright I'lanae said, not able to resist moving a bit closer to him. But why? Why was she doing this? She didn't quite know..... and yet she was unable to avoid it. Actually, the truth was, she knew very well why.......she just didn't want to admit to herself that she was falling for Ai. And she was falling hard.

Telemachus suddenly felt very jealous of Ai...very jealous indeed. I'lanae had never smiled at him before, even though he knew her better than anyone else, and now she was smiling at a complete stranger! A complete stranger with words sweet as honey.
Telemachus was forced to push aside these thoughts as Quail spoke to him. A race, eh? Yes, that would be perfect. On the count of three?
Telemachus hoped that he would be able to run his emotions away. He waited for her to respond, to make sure that a three count was fine with her. He knew that as soon as the time came, he would run his heart out...and hopefully his emotions as well.
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 09/29/2008 3:25 PM

Good! 3...2...1! Quail announced and shot off like a dart towards the obvious destination. She flew past Ai, and wasn't paying attention to anything, except her scraps of thought, Lengthen...NOW! and Almost there... She hoped she wouldn't lose, but ah, only time would tell...

Aitaitaru grinned back at I'lanae, before abruptly nudging her sideways. Ai serioulsy hoped that this wouldn't damage anything, but Quail tended not to care about anything or anyone when she was racing, she has given him quite some damage by jumping him, and then landing on top of him, he shuddered at the memory, that had not been a good day. So sorry, m'lady, but Quail-sfa forgets everything in a race, even her opponent, and it twould be a sad fate if you had to endure her fury of you being the cause of a lost race. But, truely, she means not a hair of harm. The last part was a guess, he was not so sure when it concerned I'lanae and maybe a few select males.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 09/30/2008 8:33 PM

As soon as he heard the word, 'one' Telemachus shot off, although Quail was already ahead of him. But with Telemachus's emotions to keep him going, he soon caught up with her, right at the 'marking point'. He did not know whether he had won or not, and so turned to the female lucain beside him. Who won? I could not tell...it was quite a close race. I must say, you are a worthy opponent. Telemachus smiled his most charming smile at her.

I'lanae's fur bristled as Ai knocked into her, and she spun around, fangs bared. But she soon saw why he had done it, and his words confermed it.
Ah, well, thank you. I'm...I'm glad you did it. The only quiestion was, was she glad because he had kept her from getting hurt, or was she glad because of the warmth she had felt when she realized that he was keeping her safe...that question could only be answered with time.
With Telemachus and Quail ahead of them, I'lanae found herself walking side-by-side with Ai...alone. Her thoughts were spinning around her head with such force that she did not see the mole hole in the ground directly in front of her. She stepped in it, and began to fall towards the ground, uttering a soft cry as she fell.
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 10/04/2008 10:44 AM

Ai looked stricken for a moment before reaching his head forward and caught I'lanae from hitting the ground. Are you alright, m'lady? He soon asked her looking worried, as he mentally berated himself for not catching her sooner. Waiting for her answer, Ai's paw suffled nervously through the ground, like a naughty child waiting to be yelled at.

Well, I must say! I haven't raced against someone that is as fast as I am! But, I do wish we had a camera or something that would tell us who won! But for now, it is a tie. Quail sighed, she loved racing, no matter if she won or lost, but she hated not knowing who won and who lost! It aggrivated and she knew that if she wasn't going to be in a- Her thoughts abrubtly trailed off as she finally noticed Telemachus's smile. WEll, maybe is isn't so bad to not know...
Now she was confused. Her feelings had melted away looking at that charming smile on the male's face, but, still, her feelings never, ever do that...

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amberra » 10/06/2008 4:36 PM

I'lanae, for a moment, almost snapped at Ai, but something caused her to stop...and to keep her insults to herself. He was trying to help her...a fact that caused an odd but pleasent warmth to shoot through her.
I...I think I'm ok. I'lanae gingerly tested her front left paw, which was throbbing, and couldn't help but growl as she felt a sudden piercing pain.
Ow! I think I must have twisted my ankle. I don't think it's anything too serious... she looked up, and realized how close they were standing. She almost wanted to move closer. But she knew that she could never do that. Oh, and Ai...thanks.

Yes, I, too wish that we had some sort of way to tell who won. But I suppose the race must remain a tie. I'm not surprised that not many people are as fast as you...you're amazing!
He looked back, and could not see I'lanae and Ai, as there were various plants between them.
I wonder what's keeping them. It's not like I'lanae to dawdle. Ah, well. I quite enjoy the present company...
Now what had caused him to say that? He had no idea. Everyone knew that he was attracted to I'lanae, but suddenly he found himself comparing her with Quail! And truth be told, he was starting to believe that I'lanae wasn't the only worthy female in the forest.....
<center>Image</center>

amberra
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Next