A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Postby Firejay » 07/25/2008 12:40 PM

Maverick screamed at the Paragon, not appreciating her following him. He didn't understand why the Paragon was so fond of his human; a weak, sniveling brat who couldn't even get up the courage to speak properly. Still, it wasn't like he was going to kill the boy. Despicable though he was, Maverick didn't hate him enough for that. He stopped his wings and headed into a vertical dive that made Arien scream all over again. The human had enough sense, at least, to put his face against Maverick's shoulder. It was still horrible and he hated the touch, but at least his ears wouldn't be ringing. The pull of gravity tugged his human forward, rubbing his feathers the wrong way and threatening to slide right off of him. Again. Serve him right if it happened.

With a deft flick of his wings, Maverick leveled out a mere foot above the ground. The kid had stopped screaming just seconds before. Now his grip loosened and he slid off of the Garudor's back once more, this time tumbling a harmless twelve inches. Maverick soared upward again, leaving Arien feeling weak and distinctly sick. He swallowed hard, not daring to call to the Garudor quite yet. Instead, he tottered rather unstably toward the two women and the Sky Yonyuu, too shocked to consider his actions.

{M6}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

The Model T only has two speeds; 'quite fast' and 'really very fast'.[/align]
Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 203
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/25/2008 1:01 PM

Paranoia smiled and nodded slightly, motioning over To akkia, whom was now leading rexus over to them and the Paragon, circling them silently. She smirked slightly at the Yonyuu and continued to stroke her head.

Redemption began to drop down silently, but eventually, Gravity took its vice-like grip hold. She screamed out, as the ground was getting progressivley larger, closer and most probably, harder. "Mayday! Mayday! Loosing control! Going in for a rough landing!" she then slammed into the ground, her eyes screwing shut and digging into the ground. When she opened her eyes, she managed to stagger up, shake off her dirt and walked calmly over to Paranoia, seating herself and shaking her wings slightly. Paranoia smirked slightly and said gently. "I'm paranoia, and this here is Redemption." Redemption bobbed her head slightly and looked across the landscape, her neck arching slightly.

[7, 7, 5]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Tag! » 07/25/2008 1:15 PM

As Maverick dropped the boy neatly on the ground, Ryana jumped up and watched him to see if he was okay, now ignoring Paranoia and - as usual - her owner. She watched as he stumbled over to them, then Ryana trotted over to him and sniffed his hand, before licking it. For some strange reason she had taken an interest in him.
Sharna, meanwhile, watched Redemption's crash landing with mild amusment, then watched as she got up and walked over to Paranoia. She wondered again if she would ever fly on Ryana, and stole a glance over to her pet, who was still gazing at Arien - and probably freaking him out as she did so. Ryana was a strange little thing; she showed no interest to those that she knew and yet was perfectly fine to new people. Sharna guessed that she just liked the excitement of new peoples, as she had been fine with Paranoia as well.
I'm Sharna,
She introduced herself, then motioned to Ryana,
And that's Ryana. I did come here with hopes of training her, but she has other ideas.
Sharna smiled weakly, and Ryana looked over, hearing her name. She reguarded the three of them curiously, before turning back again.

[5]
[align=center][font=Century Gothic]"I wouldn't give him money if he paid me."
"D= Don't die, or I'll kill you. >D ..Wait."
"Hay, guys. How long's the 100m sprint?"
"Why /did/ you get that detention anyway?" "Long story. Involving Henry and my fist."
"That's just the way the cookie crumbles." "Yeah well, I'm gonna /kill/ the person who made the cookie. And is there no such thing as a cookie cutter??" "Probably." "Then why the /hell/ didn't I get one." "This is a metaphorical cookie, y'know." "Oh shuddup. You and your metaphorical cookies."
-falls over- "Watch the ground. It's decievingly flat."
"Central news." "What about it?" "They just zoomed in on a pixalated face. So if you see a guy with a bunch of squares for a face, START RUNNING."
[/font][/align]
Tag!
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 172
Donate
Location: Corner of 4th & Fremont Steet, Skyway Avenue, Sam's Town. (..hehe. =3)

Postby Firejay » 07/25/2008 1:33 PM

He smiled, his expression entirely uncertain but not afraid. An improvement. Timidly, Arien lifted a hand and rubbed the Yonyuu's head. He had to reach above his own to do so, but managed it. Arien started, nearly falling, when the Paragon landed... well, sort of, anyway... beside Paranoia and the other woman who introduced herself as Sharna.

"Ryana," he repeated, very slowly, managing not to stutter. He faltered again with the next words:  "Y-y-you're b-big..." His pallid, terrified face was beginning to regain color. It came rushing to his cheeks in the form of a blush; even a Yonyuu was a lot bigger than him.

A heavy thud and a low screech behind him made start badly. He looked behind him and up. Really up. More than eight feet up. Maverick stared back down at him, looking almost... amused. The huge Garudor glanced at the gathered group and swept one wing out. Arien yelped when the wing struck him though he was surprised, not hurt. The force sent him into a series of backward somersaults that ended with him sprawled out on the dusty ground, winded but perfectly uninjured. By the time he sat up, Maverick was already flying again. Arien could feel his face turning bright red. He didn't mind that Maverick didn't like him, wasn't overly fond of the Garudor himself. His pride took a hefty blow whenever the Dreamsnare insisted on taunting him like that. It made him embarrassed and a little bit angry.

{M7}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/25/2008 1:51 PM

Paranoia felt a hat bieng pressed down on her head as Akkia came up beside them, Paranoia flailed slightly, gripping the rim of the hat, the candy ribbon glinting lightly in the sunlight as she said gently. "Heeeey, whats the big- Ooooh! 'Snew! Where did you get it?" Paranoia asked gently, running her finger across the rim of the top-hat, of wich was now at a slight angle on her head, smirking. "Garudor Mail." Akkia grinned. Rexus looked slightly grumpy and growled at Sharna, snowing his large, white canines. The rope was yanked on and he whimpred. Akkia nodded to Sharna. "I'm Akkia and this." She motioned to Rexus with a tilt of her head, both of her hands holding the rope. "Is Rexus, also known as Rex." Rexus huffed slightly and flicked his ears.

Paranoia seemed obsessed with the hat, as she took it off and held it upside-down, beneath her nose and sniffed it. "Yup, it has that toy-shoppish smell, its certainly new." And she placed it back onto her head.

Redemption turned to Arien and slowly approached him. "So, laddie, whats your name?" her head tilted slightly to a side, her haunches hit the ground gently as her red eyes blinked gently. "I'm Redemption." She smiled lightly.

[8, 8, 6]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Tag! » 07/27/2008 3:24 PM

Sharna watched as the Garudor that had thrown the boy off came down for another attack, speading a wing out and sending him flying. She winced as she watched him tumble away, and watched the Garudor fly off without another care. It made her feel almost glad to just have her disobedient Yonyuu to worry about. Speaking of Ryana. Sharna looked over to see what she was doing now - and watched with amusement as Ryana barked in surprise to see the boy fall, then proceeded to chase after him then stand over him and lick his face. Sharna winced.
Maybe it was time for one last desperate attempt to get Ryana to listen to her.
Ryana! Stop annoying him. Get over here.
Sharna watched to see what Ryana would do, not really expecting much - so she was amazed when Ryana pricked her ears over to her, then started walking towards her. It was amazing. Ryana had never shown this much willingness to co operate, maybe now - oh. The Sky Yonyuu had stopped almost as soon as she had started, changing her mind. Ryana sat down and scratched.
Ah well, Sharna thought glumly, It's a start.

Ooc| Sorry for the wait guys, haven't had much muse with these two. =(
"Why /did/ you get that detention anyway?" "Long story. Involving Henry and my fist."
"That's just the way the cookie crumbles." "Yeah well, I'm gonna /kill/ the person who made the cookie. And is there no such thing as a cookie cutter??" "Probably." "Then why the /hell/ didn't I get one." "This is a metaphorical cookie, y'know." "Oh shuddup. You and your metaphorical cookies."
"Central news." "What about it?" "They just zoomed in on a pixalated face. So if you see a guy with a bunch of squares for a face, START RUNNING."
[/font][/align]
Tag!
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Corner of 4th & Fremont Steet, Skyway Avenue, Sam's Town. (..hehe. =3)

Postby Firejay » 07/27/2008 4:39 PM

Arien smiled and giggled a little when Ryana licked his face. In no time, he was covered with spit. That wasn't actually too surprising, as her tongue was nearly as big as his face to begin with. He lifted his hands almost shyly to touch her fur and stiffened suddenly upon noticing the approaching Paragon.

"M-m-my n-name is, um," he stuttered, trying to speak past the repeated swipes of Ryana's tongue. Arien hated telling people his name; one more person who knew him was one more person that he could trust a little less. He finished anyway, "A-arien." Sharna called Ryana back and, strangely for what he'd seen of them so far, the Yonyuu went. Almost without realizing, he flicked his gaze upward to where Maverick circled. Arien had the feeling that the Garudor was watching him; he couldn't tell whether Maverick was waiting for another chance to mess with him or if there was another reason. It was almost certainly the former...

{M8}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/30/2008 7:18 AM

"Are you afraid, little 'un?" Redemption asked gently, her tail flicking from side to side as her large head bowed down and she sniffed at the boy. "No need ta be afraid of me. I may be a Voidbringer, but that means nothing." She smiled. Paranoia looked at Rexus whom was eyeing her happily and she grumbled. "Ew, no." She tilted her hat back on her head, her nose wrinkling slightly at a strange scent, Rexus could most probably smell it too, as he sprung up and snarled. "I can smell blood Akkia." Paranoia grumbled. Akkia nodded. "I know, Its strung." at least, strong to them. Paranoia was pretty sure the woman couldn't smell it. Paranoia flicked her head arrogantly. "Anyway. If you want, I think Akkia could spare some rope to control your Yonyuu." Paranoia said, her voice almost dripping with fake kindness, she then got a slap on the back of her head, courtosey of Akkia. "Don't be nasty Paranoia." Paranoia then muttered obcenities.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Noodles » 07/30/2008 1:29 PM

Maddie and Kenny

"Kenny, come back!"she yelled while running after her aqua Aries. "Kenneth, get back here this instant!" she yelled quite loudly. At the sound of his real name Kenny turned around and reluctantly walked back towards the girl. Kenny saw the group and darted off towards  them.

"Kennyyyy!" she whined and ran after him, her light brown hair waving behind her. He stopped at the group, nudging a little boy on the ground. Kenny looked up eying the albie cautiously. He didn't want to be its lunch. He had seen it happen. Not a pretty sight.

The girl came running up and hugged Kenny,  her green eyes sparkling. Her aqua shirt made her look almost like an aries herself. She looked up and said "Hi, I'm Maddie."
Noodles
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 102
Donate

Postby Tag! » 08/01/2008 10:44 AM

Sharna was a little at loss at what to say. She knew that Paranoia was being sarcastic, so what could she say? Sharna glanced at Ryana. If only she could just be obedient then they wouldn't even need to be here, and Sharna wouldn't have to be in this situation. Sharna seemed to know what she was thinking, and seemed to smile, if a little mockingly.
Suddenly, Sharna was distracted from wondering how to reply, but a new arrival to the scene. She looked up as she heard a female voice calling, and was surprised to see an Aqua Aries running this way. It ran towards Arien on the floor, and nudged him. Ryana leapt back by Arien's side, and growled at the Aries. It seemed that the Yonyuu had become more than a little protective over him, for some strange reason. Ryana crouched and swayed her tail from side to side close the ground, and spread her wings low about her meacingly, not taking her eyes off of the Aries.
Ryana! Be nice, you idiot.
The Yonyuu glanced over to Sharna, and let out a low bark, but at least she had stopped growling and was standing normaly again - even if she was still glaring at Kenny.
Sharna heard the girl introduce herself, and smiled to her, feeling that she had to make up for her pet's behaviour and hoping that she wasn't intimidated at all by Ryana.
Hey, I'm Sharna. And my Yonyuu over there is Ryana - don't mind her.
[/font][/align]
Tag!
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firejay » 08/05/2008 4:29 PM

Guiltily, he responded to the Paragon's question with a nod. He was scared spitless, to be honest, and her smile really didn't help. All those teeth! Before he could reply, however, an Aries rushed up and joined with Ryana, nosing his hair so that he tensed up and glanced at it warily. The Yonyuu growled, doing nothing to put him at ease. Arien couldn't understand why everyone's pets automatically came to him - everyone except his own. He looked up, way up, past the Aries (his owner had turned up as well, and to his surprise was about Arien's own age) and the Yonyuu, past Redemption, even, to where Maverick still circled, no doubt watching with those glaring eyes. He narrowed his eyes, frowning; the expression looked petulant on his small face, childish and absurd. But then he made himself turn and look at the girl for a full three seconds before allowing himself to shy away again.

{M9}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/06/2008 7:41 AM

Paranoia looked over to Redemption, who basicly had her face in the boys and she snarled, barking angrily. Redemption snapped her head back and took a few steps back, smiling shyly. Paranoia nodded slightly. Akkia frowned slightly as Rexus took a lunge at the Aries. Akkia quickly dived on him, wresting the albie to the ground, sitting on its back, pressing its head to the ground. Something strange had happened to her face. Her ears were pointed, her lips were pulled back in a feral snarl, her teeth barring, the canines extreemly sharp, her eyes were bright yellow, a wolven yellow, then her face reverted, it must of been some strange trick of the light. Or something. But Rexus was now whimpering, his tail lashing slightly, and when she got off him, he was cowering slightly. His ears laying back and his tail lashing still. "That'l teach you ya bugger!" Akkia snapped, and Rexus whined loudly, still pressing himself to the floor. Paranoia smirked, adjusting her hat cheerfully.

[10, 10, 8]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/16/2008 3:20 AM

Paranoia looked about and frowned slightly, she didn't want to leave, but she had too. "Akkia, you'l be alright with Rexus now?" Akkia nodded slightly, still pressing the labie's head to the ground, pushing down on its horns. "Just need to teach him to herd, but I should be alright after that." Paranoia nodded slightly and whistled to Redemption whom sighed and lowered her wings to the ground, letting Paranoia clamber up them and she sat harshly on her back. Redemption gav off a huff, a roar of what seemed like glee, and she took flight, Paranoia tipping her hat as they began to fly. Akkia waving farewell to them.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer