A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

.:Flight of an Eagle:. [P]

Postby Draconial » 07/07/2009 6:41 AM

Dreambeak

It was late morning, and most creatures were already out and about. However, one silent figure still lurked in the shadows of the trees. There was a Cuniflare standing a few feet away from a clump of trees. As it munched on the grass, a large Garudor burst from the trees, and screeched as it ran at the flaming rabbit. The little thing tried to run away, but the bird was gaining on him, and it wasn't even flying! The bird lifted into the air with a powerful stroke of its wings, and quickly sped ahead, dropping just in front of the rabbit, and snapped at it, but it was already speeding away. The Garudor ran up, and almost got it, but its prey lept into a hole, safe from its talons. It tried to grab the rodent with its beak, but it wouldn't fit into the crack. It stalked off, frustrated. The colossal bird flapped into the air, and glided across the field, looking for other prey. After a few minutes, it spotted something purple flying very low to the ground, and drifted a few feet down to get a better look at what it was.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Re: .:Flight of an Eagle:. [P]

Postby ajforpresident » 07/09/2009 6:27 PM

Image Jewel Batti

Amethyst

In the blue, cloudless sky there was a Jewel Batti soaring through the air. She was enjoying the view she had up there; watching all the creatures down on the land. She gave a content sigh and said to herself, "Such a wonderful day. I'm glad to have gotten out of the house." She then started to fly downwards and flew a little closer to the ground.

"Nothing can ruin this moment...." Amethyst said, unaware of the Garudor flying right above her.

[Amethyst: Level 1; 1]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/09/2009 6:50 PM

The Garudor lifted its wings, and outstretched its talons, ready to strike. It dropped onto the Batti, slamming into the ground belly-up, and pressed a foot into its chest. The great bird lowered its head to get a good look at its prey, staring at it with cold, unforgiving eyes. It folded it wings, and lifted its head a bit. A strict, feminine voice came from the beast. "I can do this the easy way, or I can do it the hard way. Don't struggle now, or it will just be more painful," it said, squeezing the bat a bit at 'hard'. "Now, will you be a good little snack and stay calm, or make me hurt you even more?"

[don't forget to reason with the bird to get away! Thank of things a predator would like, it will help your survival]
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/09/2009 9:09 PM

Everything was fine. Fine, until, a huge body slammed right into Amethyst, that is. She crashed into the ground and felt sharp talons clutch at her. Amethyst heard a cold voice say, I can do this the easy way, or I can do it the hard way. Don't struggle now, or it will just be more painful. At that moment, the Jewel Batti was terrified. Amethyst, who had her eyes closed, finally opened them. There, she saw a large Garudor, who stared at her such a scary expression, she almost screamed out loud. The only thing making sure she didn't scream was the fact that if she did, she'd be bird food.

Now, will you be a good little snack and stay calm, or make me hurt you even more? the voice was femenine, but still bone-chilling to Amethyst. I've got to think fast, she thought. Or I'm dead! But what can I do? Then she thought of something.

"Wait!" She said, but barely since the giant bird was crushing her lungs. "Don't eat me! I'm really not all that tasty..." No! she thought. That will only make the situation worse! Think of somthing else! "But, I have a better plan that I think will work for both of us." Amethyst said, a little nervously. "If you let me go, I can help you find food. I know I don't look like the best hunter, but I have a cunning mind that has helped me get prey for some of the pets at my house who do eat meat." Amethyst was starting to choke now from the Garudor's pressure on her chest, but she had to keep going. "So if you let me go, and I promise I won't run away since you could easily catch me again, I can help you find a good meal."

[Amethyst: Level 1; 2]

((Sorry if the idea stinks a little. That's all I could come up with at the moment. :oops: ))
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/10/2009 1:59 AM

Did somebody order a good meal? A cute (and by "cute" I mean "plump") wombear popped up not to far away, weirdly unaware of what was going on just a few feet away.

It yawned, stretched and rubbed at it's face before lumbering awkwardly away from the safety of it's hole to locate something to eat. Though, chances were, it was the one to be food.

(( Short. Trying to spread myself out. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/10/2009 6:47 AM

[Sweet! A Wombear! I promise she won't eat you, little fella.]

The bird thought for a bit. One less meal for free food later? Sounded pretty good to her. "Fine. You're a lucky little bat, to be able to get out of being eaten. But if you do run from me, you might not be so lucky." The Garudor lept into the air, and hovered for a few moments, motioning with a talon to follow, and then circling around the area, double-checking for food. Hey! A Wombear! Didn't Draco (my nickname) want one of those? Hmmmm.... should she eat it, or bring it home? The bird drifted down to it, not showing any evidence of the decision. She landed off to the side of the little creature. "Hey little fella," She called, in a surprisingly soothing voice, "What are you doing?"
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/10/2009 1:21 PM

Amethyst was relieved. She was let go and told to follow the Garudor. "Thank you so much! I won't let you down." With that, she started to follow the bird in the sky. "By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what might you're name be? I'm Amethyst."

Amethyst saw the Wombear as well and floated down towards it. I wonder if she wants that as her lunch... Amethyst thought. It was a bit plump. But when the Garudor went down and asked the the little thing, Hey little fella, what are you doing?, I guess that meant she wasn't going to eat it. She went over to the bird and Wombear and just sat there waiting to see what would happen.

[Amethyst: Level 1; 3]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/11/2009 9:32 PM

The wombear didn't seem to notice the bird land (or the batti for that matter) but when the bird spoke it lazily turned it's head. It was a wonder that the little, er, big thing hadn't been eaten yet. When it finally saw the bird it's eyes grew really, really big. One had to wonder if they wouldn't fall right out of the wombears head as it stared.

The wind whistled through the grass and then... The wombear ran.
Which weirdly explained it's ability to survive. it was fast! And not just your regular rodent, fast. This wombear would give Speedy Gonzáles a run for his money.
Better, you know, get moving if you want to catch him (or her).

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/12/2009 6:04 AM

"They always run." the Garudor muttered to itself, before leaping into the air with a powerful stroke of its wings. It flew along, about twenty feet in the air, shooting across the plains. When the bird finally got close to the little Wombear, it swooped down and caught it, lightly grasping the little body with its talons. it carefully landed on the ground, setting down the creature, but making sure it couldn't get away. There was a lrge tree immediately in front of them, the Garudor's wings blocked the sides, and its body was in the back. Unless the critter could dig as fast as it could run, it couldn't get away. The Garudor saw that a bush a few feet away had sme berries on it, so it grabbed about ten, and set them down in front of the mammal.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/12/2009 7:58 PM

One minute the Wombear was there, the next minute....gone. "Holy crud, that thing's fast!" Was what the Batti said. The Garudor went after the Wombear and soon enough had it trapped. She went to chase after the two. That Garudor's just as fast as the Wombear. thought Amethyst as she flew to see what would happen next. The next thing the Garudor did was place a few berries in front of the Wombear. Amethyst had finally caught up and said, breathlessly, "Y-you guys sure are fast." Then she thought, This Garudor is being really nice to this creature. I guess she wants to take it home for her owner. A Wombear is rarely seen anyway...

[Amethyst: Level 1; 4]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/15/2009 12:55 PM

The little wombear really put it's heart into running but obviously it wasn't enough this time as it was picked up. Squealing in terror the chubby little thing went about gnawing on the big birds toes. He (or she) wasn't about to go down without a fight!

Of course it did go down when it was dropped on the ground. Almost instantly it went to run again but the bird had caged it. Running about it's small enclosure the wombear continued it's freak out, not paying attention to anything the batti said. When the berries were dropped the wombear paused, scooting towards the berries before running around them and poking at them at random intervals as it ran. Poisoned? Bribery? trying to fatten him/her up more?

It sat, finally, facing the berries, back to the garudor and did exactly what it had to to escape. It started to dig.

Again it's ability to survive was put on display as the sucker dug himself a tunnel faster then you could think! Jeez!

(( Please don't god mode my characters, it's very rude. x____x;; And against the rules. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/15/2009 3:57 PM

Five seconds after Amethyst had just caught up with the two, the Wombear decided to dig a hole( and may I say rather quickly) into the ground. Oh great, she thought. I'm going to spend my whole day running around. And I still need to get this food for the Garudor. Maybe I can go get the food real quick and come back? Amethyst then told the Garudor, "I'll be right back!" Then she flew off and started searching for some food. Soon enough she spotted a rather plump Rattegan nibbling on some food. Although it was plump, it was a bit smaller then the common rattegan, but it had to do.
I'm not the best hunter but I'll give it a shot. Besides, if I don't get this food I'll be lunch!

She took a landing and slowly came from behind it. The rattegan didn't notice her at all, still eating its food. Amethyst got closer and closer until she pounced on it like a cat. The rattegan was unprepared for the attack so it was crushed to the ground. It tried to fight back but Amethyst had it pinned down. Hey, she might be tiny, but this Batti was strong. The Jewel Batti then bit the rattegan in its neck with her sharp fangs. The creature squealed, and tried to set itself free. But Amethyst had a good hold on it. The rattegan struggled until it struggled no longer and the life was completely gone from it. The Batti let go of the dead rattegan's neck, blood all over her fur, heaving from the struggle it gave. She then picked up the body and bought it back to where the Garudor was.

When she got back, she laid the rattegan down and said to the Garudor, "Here. I fought to get this for you. Happy?" Amethyst finally noticed she was covered in blood and started to lick herslef clean. I wonder if that Wombear's gone by now. It was digging a hole so fast I wouldn't be surprised if it dug all the way to China!

[Amethyst: Level 2; 5; Level Up!!!]

((Such...a long.....post... XD)
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/15/2009 6:19 PM

(Sorry RE2, didn't really mean to.)

The Garudor sighed when the Wombear started digging a hole. Sheesh, that thing just wouldn't give up! It grabbed one of the berries in its mouth, and squeezed it, marking the burrow with bright purple juice. The bird noticed the smell of blood, and its head snapped over to the dead Rattegan and Amethyst. "Thanks," it said, then grabbed the rodent, and flapped up and onto a solid branch above them. The Garudor ripped a chunk from the small carcass, and it quickly disappeared down its throat. The rest was also soon gone, and the huge bird settled down on the bloodstained branch. However, its head was still up and alerty, watching the Wombear's burrow for any activity. Somehow, the creature that had only minutes ago been chasing down rodents, and tearing into a Rattegan carcass, now seemed serene and calm. Well, I guess the saying is right.

Everything is not as it seems.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/18/2009 12:43 AM

There seemed to be a long, long wait ahead of the garudor, if this little wombear was smart.

Obviously it was just really fast because not long after it dropped down into it's hole (shortly after the rattegan was consumed) the wombear was poking it's head up. It grabbed a berry and disappeared down into it's hole, repeating this a few times.

A short time later it lazily, slowly crawled out of it's hole and started to lumber away, oblivious to the bird far above it. A new plan of attack would have to be used if you wanted to catch this confusing creature.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/18/2009 6:43 AM

When the Garudor saw the little creature come out of its hole, it turned to Amethyst. "Why don't you try?" it asked her, "You're closer to its size, and shape too.  It might not have worked for me because I'm its natural predator." The bird didn't want to scare the little guy again, for both of their sakes. It takes a lot of energy to fly that fast! And for something as small as a wombear, it must take even more. The Garudor simply fell asleep a little later, as it had run out of energy.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next