A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

A Storm's A-Brewin' (P: Me and Fire)

Postby Freezair » 01/20/2010 8:28 PM

Primus Forte
(And his human, Zeff Forte)

The winds were strong enough that Primus had to hit the groud.

Now the real fun began.

The sky was tinged an otherworldly green, as if a portal were opening to an alternate dimension nearby. The Paragon's back and legs were laden with blipping, whirring technology; the human wedged into the tiny slice between his neck and wings hunkered beneath his raincoat. The rain battered at the machinery, but the machines were safely encased in waterproof material.

The human slid from the Paragon's back as he knelt to the ground. The storm tore at the edges of his coat. There was a village nearby; all the lights were off as the people inside moved into the safety of their basements. A small, winding, grassy trail lead to a deep ditch, where the two hoped to conduct their study.

"Now," the man said. "With our luck, Primus, the people of this village will be completely safe as the storm moves in entirely the wrong direction. What's the Feather Weather sayin', pal?"

"Wind's pickin' up," Primus said. "But aside from the obvious! Those clouds just keep pilin' it on. Hope it's warm enough! Tempurature..." Primus rattled it off in Farenheiht, Celsius, and even Kelvin. "Don't got anything yet. But let's get out of the open!"

"To the ditch!" Zeff commanded. The two researchers made for the crevasse, ready to take up their positions.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: A Storm's A-Brewin' (P: Me and Fire)

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2010 1:29 AM

"Looks like a pretty serious storm, Ana.  Are you sure it's safe to be out here?"

A Candle Shinzo asked this; well, she appeared to be a Candle Shinzo.  She had the same ears as one, and her clothing looked oddly like the flame patterns against her gray skin.  The other, whom the Candle Shinzo had called Ana, smirked as she looked around, breathing in the crisp air.

This was going to be a good one, yes.

"All I wanna do is see the wall cloud, Nys--then we can bail, 'cause then we'll know that one is coming.  I would prefer to see a funnel, but if you're too chicken..."

"Pfft.  Me, chicken?  Since when?" the other asked, a small burst of flame emerging from her mouth.  "I don't know what you mean, Ana--we were being set upon by Battlehearts and were vastly outnumbered!" she said, but the other scoffed as she wrapped a light lavender shawl around her blueish-purple shoulders.

"That is only your opinion, darling.  To me, they were outnumbered."

"Whatev--hey, did you see that just now?  Two guys heading for a ditch?  Well, a guy and a Paragon..." Nysaleith asked, and the other whirled around to look.  Sure enough, she caught a glimpse of the Windgill.  As soon as she saw them, she smiled.

Storm chasers!

[1.1][1.1]

[They're in furry-anthro form and are about... 5'4" in height?  I'll throw together their "human" forms soon.]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/21/2010 1:44 AM

"Woah! We got topsiders--ten o'clock, Zeff!"

Zeff's brown-haired head peeped out above the ledge, leveling with his draconic friend's shaggy, feathered mane. "Woah. Crazy! HEY! YOU TWO!"

Zeff heaved himself over the edge, waving and jumping. His teeth were wide and grinning, but his eyes wrinkled with worry. "What are you guys doing? It's dangerous to be up here! You should be safe inside!"

"Look who's talking!" Primus quipped.

"Yeah! But we're prepared!" A sudden burst of wind threatened to rip Zeff's jacket straight off. He pinned it to his side with his arms, and struggled towards them. "Don't you guys have somewhere to go? Come on! If you don't have somewhere to be inside, come with us! It's safer down here!"

Primus waved a claw.

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2010 2:08 AM

"Just tryin' to see if we could see a wall cloud; nothin' more." Ana replied, a small smile on her face.  She was not going to deny that she loved the pure thrill of this, even if they were not "professional" storm chasers with all the gear and such--and even if they did, they would have no way to get it around.  "B'sides, I'm not from here--"

"But I am, Ana; and I have a home where we could be taking shelter in!" the other said indignantly, and Ana laughed as she placed a hand on Nys' gray skin which was decorated with fiery tattoos.

"She's not as into chasing as I am--if it's somewhere I can get to when it hits, I'll stay out as long as I can, hoping to catch a glimpse of a wall cloud--or actually see the funnel touch down." Ana said, and then, she saw the Paragon wave his claw.  "I hate bein' cooped up during a good storm, and this has all the makings to be one.  I'll join you, but I'm not sure my friend here is as willing."

"I'm willing if it means making sure you're safe, Ath'ana," the Candle snapped, sighing.  "I suppose we could get down there with ya, as long as it's safer than being exposed to it."

[1.2][1.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/21/2010 2:19 AM

"Ha ha!" Primus laughed. "Hey, Zeff, gedda loada that! They actually know what they're talkin' about! You better not be trying to muscle in on our territory!" Primus laughed.

"Fellow thrillseekers, eh?" Zeff said. "Can't say I blame ya! But yanno... if you're lookin' for tornados, you might not be lookin' at the right storm. It's not really the right time of year, you know?"

"Though given the color of those clouds, and these windspeeds, who knows," Primus shrugged. "But the ol' Windgill feathers haven't detected any cyclonic action yet."

"We're just extreme weather junkies," Zeff shrugged. "We came out here lookin' for a much rarer prize than a tornado. Still wouldn't want ya to get stuck out here, so c'mon. Join us in the Hunker Bunker, my fair ladies!" He gestured toward the ditch with one hand, keeping his coat pinned with the other."

"By the way! Name's Zeff," the main said. "Big Blue over there is my wingman Primus. Raised 'im from an egg all by myself."

"And we don't need any embarrassing baby stories right now, 'Dad.'"

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/21/2010 2:34 AM

"You're probably right; but, you never know.  Where our 'mom' comes from, the weather tends to be nigh unpredictable." Ana said, chuckling slighty as she muttered something about 'snow in June' and 'sunny one day, snowbound the next'.  Nysaleith shook her head as she laughed slightly as Primus told them that they had better not be muscling in on their territory.

"Oh, heavens no!  We wouldn't do that to anyone--unless it was, like, an F-3 tornado that everyone and their grandmother was heading for." Nys reassured them, a small smile on her face.  Then, she looked up at the clouds, eyes wide with bewilderment.  "A much rarer prize...?" she asked herself as Ath'ana smiled and gave a small bow.

"I'm Ath'ana, and my friend over there is Nysaleith.  However, Ana and Nys work perfectly fine.  It's a pleasure to meet you; Zeff, Primus," she said, smiling.  "And we'd love to join you--any chances to experience storms is too good to pass up," she added, flattening her ear wings against her purple hair, which was pleated into two loose braids.  She also pulled her scarf up over her mouth some, while Nys merely lowered her head and walked directly behind Ana.

[1.3][1.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/21/2010 3:04 AM

"Oooh, what part of Evelon?" Primus asked, as he spread his wings over them shelteringly. "It's Jawan, isn't it? I bet it is! Coastal weather can be mighty temperamental."

"Hey, hey. Eeeasy there, big boy. Don't overwhelm 'em. We don't need the history of the universe."

"Just curious," Primus said. "Can I at least tell them about our gig?"

"Lay it on," Zeff shrugged.

"Alright! Well. In terms of atmospheric insanity, tornados... Eh, they're pretty average. But this, oh, this is a rare catch. Ladies and gentle... er, ladies, imagine if you will: The awesome, howling might of a blizzard, cut with the fearsome rattle of lightning! THUNDERSNOW! An extreme rarity, due to the fact that the necessary air currents and cloud forms required for thunderstorms--"

"Pptthpt. You hear that, Preem? That's the sound of their ears, falling and hitting the ground. You're talking them off."

"...Yeah. Normally, you need heat to get lightning. Unfortunately, from the looks of it, it's TOO hot out here. All we're getting is cold rain, and maybe a tornado, from the looks of it. Pheh."

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/22/2010 10:23 PM

[[Thundersnow? 8D Seen that a couple times m'self.]]

"Thundersnow?  How intriguing," Ath'ana said, her smile widening slightly.  "I myself have never experienced it, but Aila--our human companion--says she's seen it a few times when there's snow in her parts of her world outside of Evelon.  But, for the most part, we're stationed in Nori--Aila, however, prefers to make her home in Jawan."

"Lovely coastal scenery when there's not storms happening," Nysaleith said, nodding slowly.  "And he's not talking our ears off, Mr. Zeff; you should hear Aila.  She can talk a person's head off if ya let her.  But that's only if you get her on a topic she loves.  And I mean--"

"Nys, shut it.  Anyways, be it thundersnow, tornados, or just extreme weather, we're up for it."

[1.4][1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/22/2010 11:43 PM

((Yep, but ratcheted up to blizzard scale. Why? Because Evelon. 8D;))

"Oooh. From one of those other worlds, huh? Yeah, I've heard about people like that. Heard they get some gnarly stuff offworld. Acid rain so bad it'll eat right through your hat! Where was that again, Zeff?"

"Can't remember. Urtahg in the SR-299 universe, I think," Zeff replied. "You're askin' the wrong guy."

"Jawan's had some cool hurricanes, though," Primus continued to wonder. "...Well, I mean. Obviously not cool if it wrecks your house. But cool to look at! The sea going all, 'Psshhh! Fssshhh! Wooosh!' and the trees nearly bending in half! Ever seen palm trees that have been through a bunch of storms? They're all wobbly and weird! They're like optical illusion drawings..."

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/24/2010 7:00 PM

"Acid rain?" both Shinzos said in unison, their eyes wide with wonder.  They knew Aila had mentioned it once or twice, but they had no clue what it was, other than the result of pollution.  Nevertheless, Ath'ana nodded at the mention of these "otherworlds".

"Re'klet can be rather harsh when it comes to weather.  Topside, there's blizzards, intense thunderstorms, the occasional hurricane for those living on the coast; then in the underwater cities... you got cyclones, then also hurricanes, and also some other gnarly things.  Think they mentioned earthquakes..."

Nys merely nodded, and then, she turned her attention to Primus as he asked about the hurricanes in Jawan.  It certainly sounded interesting to see, even if it would be hard on the eyes.

"Sounds interesting," she said, nodding slowly.

[2.0][2.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/24/2010 7:23 PM

"Re'klet? Where's that? Sounds kinda Lambastian..." Primus cocked his head. "Or is it an otherworld? Never been to one. Zeff went on vacation once, though."

"Uh-oh. Speaking of vacation!" Zeff pointed out into the horizon. "That's one heavy-looking lump of stratus. What's the word on the rotary action, Preem?"

Primus stuck out his head, letting the wind whistle through his feathers. "Woah! We got ourselves circulation! Looks like we might be getting a tornado out of this one! Tell me if you see the funnel cloud, guys!" Primus said.

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2010 9:47 PM

"It's an Otherworld, yeah," Ath'ana said, but then, she noticed the action that was starting to happen.  She lit up almost instantly, and Nysaleith shook her head as she laughed slightly, but Ath'ana's face turned suddenly serious.  "Gotta keep your eyes open for that rotation, Nys.  Could start at any time, and then, it could disappear in a blink of an eye."

"Aye.  I know what you mean, Ana; I've seen several disappear before they could ever touch the ground." Nys said, peering up over the edge of the ditch, her orange eyes glowing with anticipation.  This was one of the few times when Nys showed any signs of excitement; during a chase.

[2.1][2.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/29/2010 1:08 AM

"Let's hope it's not so strong it doesn't blow itself out!" The wind suddenly roared, and much of Zeff's words were snatched away. "Come on, guys! Let's hunker down!"

Zeff pulled his head deep into the ditch. Primus stretched his wings over everyone down there in the pit, creating a protective canopy over them. The rain slid off and dripped down his immense wingspan, and the glowing lavender mist on the inside of his membranes lit the darkness softly.

Something pinged off his head.

"Oh crap," he said. Primus looked up quickly before dodging away. "Hail!"

[7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate