A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Can you find it? <wombear hunt>(open to all)

Postby Firetra » 03/19/2010 10:35 PM

Mitisu

Mitisu stormed out into the open plains, this is where he belonged to. Sadly he was in search of a creature for his master. So his freedom would be short lived. He walked into some tall grass, Even though it was called that it barely came up to his knees. He heard some rustling in the grass, He got down low and started to blend in with his surroundings. he quietly moved towards the sound careful not to make any sudden movements. He got to the noise but saw that there was nothing there. He looked closely and saw a path that lead to the east. Or was it the west? He was genneraly not good with directions. He took a wiff of the area. I got your scent bub, and i'm coming for you. the then took off down the trail blundering after whatever it was.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: Can you find it? <wombear hunt>(open to all)

Postby Firetra » 03/26/2010 8:52 AM

He had been traveling for hours still on the scent trail. And still nothing. The trail was going thin and he was getting tired, It was already night outside. So he decided to take a nap and just give up on going after whaterver it was that he was chaseing.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 03/30/2010 3:49 AM

Uriel was up the creek. He too was searching for the elusive Wombear, at the bidding of his unknown master. The angel paused, flapping his wings to hover, as he pondered his enigmatic patron. All he had was a name and a voice: Mr. Bear, his employer, always gave him his instructions over speakercom, or some other way in which he only got to hear his voice. The Seraph often puzzled what the curious Mr. Bear might look like. He knew he was quite high up in the corporation, but he didn't know how high up. He often pictured him as a man, tall and imposing, with a fondness for the rich things in life. Uriel didn't know how far off he was.

The angelic Sahound continued flying, his powerful wings pumping hard, there weren't many updrafts in this flat of an area, which meant he couldn't glide very far. He put his powerful nose to work, tracking the scent of the wombat. Night soon began to fall, and Uriel realized he'd better find a place to rest soon.

That was when he caught an interesting scent. Not wombear... Rathril? He swooped low, searching the tall grass... There! An indent! The pet folded his wings and dove, flaring them just before he hit the ground and alighting on all four paws neatly. Hello there. I am Uriel. What might your name be? The Seraph Sahound remarked curiously, gazing at the pet in a friendly manner. After all, he had nothing to fear from a creature who could not follow him into the sky if he tried to escape quickly.
Click us, please!ImageImage
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 12
Donate

Postby Firetra » 03/30/2010 8:56 AM

Mitisu jumped at the sound of the sahound and quickly turned around. He then saw he was not going to attack him so he lowered his guard. Well hello. My name is Mitisu. he then took a step closer being a bit more freindly. what are you doing here? I'm just here to find a certain creature for my master. He didn't give me the name but he said it had razor sharp claws and looks like it would not hurt you but could if it wanted to. If you know can you please give me more information?

((welcome! *talks to self* finnaly i lured someone to my trap, yes it will be good eating tonight!))

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 03/30/2010 4:45 PM

Uriel stepped back to give the other more room, feeling bad for having startled the pet with his arrival. The Sahound seated himself, folding his wings neatly along his back when he saw that the other pet was not going to attack him. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mitisu. Uriel's tail wagged slowly in the dirt at the friendly manner of this Rathril. Uriel rather enjoyed pleasant company, which Mitisu was proving to be.

I, too have been instructed by my employer to find a certain wild creature. A Wombear, to be exact. Wombears do have sharp claws, and they also don't look very threatening. Perhaps we are after the same creature? Uriel offered politely, lifting a paw to scratch at his ear idly. Perhaps we could hunt together? The angel suggested, thinking that two heads would be better than one.
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 03/30/2010 5:47 PM

sure why not he said in a reasurring voice. I had the trail earlier but it went cold after a day. I think they are close by but im not sure. come and follow me. he started to walk towards the spot where he lost the trail. He then came to a plowed down patch of tall grass and sniffed the air. There had been more here earlier. Dang it! they were just here come on follow me! he then started towards a hill in the distance.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 03/30/2010 7:54 PM

Are you any good at tracking? I can hear quite well but I'm afraid my nose isn't up to snuff. I had the trail vaguely but I've lost it as well. Uriel obligingly followed the other male, trotting on all fours until they arrived at the indents in the grass. Now Uriel could smell them too. You're right. I'll scout from the air and you from the ground, that way neither of us will miss anything. The Seraph said, flaring his wings and taking to the sky.

Uriel followed Mitisu's trail from above, making sure to keep the Rathril in his sights while still scounting for any Wombears.
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 03/30/2010 8:04 PM

you sure you can smell them? it's very veige and im not even sure its them. I have not realy sniffed one to know. but even still he followed the trail up the hill. But when he got to the top he was horror struck. Right bellow them was a river. His worst nightmare. because of 1) he cant swim 2) he had a very bad experience with water and 3) this ment that the trail went cold and the scent was gone.

he then looked upward and shouted what now? they ran through a river and got rid of their scent. I think they know that we are following them!

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 03/30/2010 8:28 PM

Uriel pulled up cold when they reached the river. He knew the scent would be incredibly confusing now, the water would hide any residue. No, not really, you were the one who said you could smell them! I was following you! Uriel called down to the other, swooping downwards and landing beside him.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Can you swim? The Seraph inquired, hoping the answer would be yes. He could fly across, but he certainly couldn't carry anyone else with him, especially not someone of Mitisu's size!
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 03/30/2010 9:06 PM

i can wade across but i can't swim. he then took in a deep breath of air. well maybe there is a more shallow part of the river, this part just seems to deep.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 03/31/2010 12:52 AM

Uriel nodded, sensing the other's nervousness and guessing he was afraid of water. Wading is fine. This part is a little deep. I'll scout around for a shallower crossing. The Seraph took to the air, wings flapping powerfully to bring his streamlined body airborne. He flew low so as to better judge the depth and speed of the river, wings having to work double time due to the stagnant air, making him wish that there were some warm thermals or updrafts he could catch a ride on.

Uriel wheeled, spotting an area where the river slowed to a trickle as it went over plenty of rocks and stepping stones, creating a shallow little eddy that was slow moving. Perfect. I found one, follow me! The male called out to the other on the ground, banking and circling the area a few times before he flew off, hopefully with Mitisu following.
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 03/31/2010 5:31 PM

he saw him flying around a shallow area and was realeved. thank you! he wispered to himself. The he started to walk across and was so on the other side. This guy was going to be a good freind.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xebilponyx » 04/02/2010 9:47 PM

Uriel flew low, keeping pace with Mitisu and making sure he made it safely across the river. When the other was safely on the other bank, the Seraph privately sighed with relief that his newfound friend had made it.

Do you think you can pick up the scent again? He offered, folding his wings and making a hasty descent, his front paws touching down first, followed by his back paws. The Sahound wasn't much of a Tracker, his nose really wasn't as good as other pets, it was more of an average nose.
xebilponyx
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 04/02/2010 10:51 PM

sure but lets get back to where we left the trail his legs then carried him to the back of the flowing river while his nose was busy sniffing. He then stoped dead in hia tracks and pawed the ground with his two hands. He sniffed the dirt again to make sure.

They crossed right here!then he pointed further up the river to where they were standing from where they lost the trail. but they started up there. I'm no expert but i thinck these are not your average wombar, these may even be a different species!......well we'll have to fand that out wont we. he thn started to take in the scent of the animal they were following. Be it wombar or some other lifeform.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Caseycatjasper » 04/03/2010 9:59 PM

"Hello. I believe you might be looking for something?" A saffron batti eyed the group from his tree. "Well, I might be able to help, seeing as I can see in the dark, and you can't."

Hi![/center]
Caseycatjasper
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Next