A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Witty Title This Is~ [P]

Postby Shadow » 06/21/2010 1:02 PM

Today was a good day, and Kai was glad to be outside in it. Things like these made her so happy, and when she was happy, she usually was hyper. Kai was the type who you wouldn't want to feed too much sugar.

She frolicked around in the plains, occasionally shuffling her paws, because she loved the way it looked; her coat colors complimented the colors of the grass, and when she moved quickly, she could create a blur. She did move very quickly, mind, and she knew it.

As she ran along, she swished her tails. There was a light breeze, and it felt good. Today was a great day for being out in the Plains, and the only thing that was missing was someone Kai could frolic with.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Re: Witty Title This Is~ [P]

Postby Ashes » 06/21/2010 1:13 PM

Staring across the plains, I turned, tired and confused.  I saw two tails whipping out in the distance, and tried to get near them. The shape vanished very fast.  I trembled, confused.  
"Hello?!" I called out to the wind. Nothing happened. I kept walking, confused. If today could get any wiereder, it just had. taken away to this odd landscape with no one here, and my imagination flitting around. Odd

My tails whipped about, sensing everything near and around me. I felt something to my left. I immediately raced toward it, only to feel nothing once more.
"Show yourself!"  I called to empty air. I walked on, stumbling upon nothing but a dead body. Shuddering, I kept walking, hot, and exhausted. "Where is the stupid water? " I called to nothing in particular.
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/21/2010 1:33 PM

Kai had run past someone, huh? She turned around and ran in the opposite direction to do a double take, and stopped short, right in front of the other Kuhna.

"Hihihihihihihihi~" She said. She was hyper, and adrenaline was rushing through her system. "I'm Kai! Who are you?" She asked. She was apparently very friendly towards newcomers.

"Water? There's no water here," she continued on. "You could always rest in the shade though."

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/21/2010 1:37 PM

I stopped. Ans stared at this creature. "Who are YOU?~!" I asked, confused and annoyed. "And why are you so...Hyper? "  I asked, trying not to slap the little creature. Irritation came to me in waves, blocking out my senses.  I had to back away for a moment and regain control of myself. For the second time that day. Ugh.

I Paced, angry and deep in thought. "Well? "
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/21/2010 1:58 PM

"I'm Kai!" Kai said loudly. "I'm hyper because, isn't this landscape awesome? It's beautiful, and it's a nice day, so why not be happy?" She said, half asking. The other kuhna sure seemed angry for some reason another, and Kai wondered why. Maybe it was because a lot of people became easily irritated when they were dehydrated, and she had expressed that she was thirsty. Maybe they could look for water, but they'd have to travel quite a long while.

"You still didn't answer my question," she added, after a quick pause. "So, are you gunna tell me your name, or will I just have to call you 'you?'"

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/21/2010 2:32 PM

"My name is Kuki." I said, laying down. A small breeze picked up, cooling me down quite a bit. "Ahhh.."  I muttered, my worries departing quickly. "So, what brings you here?," I nodded toward the barren landscape, nothing there. "Its depressing here, why come? "  I asked, curious, despite my thirst and anger.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/21/2010 8:02 PM

Kai calmed as Kuki calmed, and laid down in the grass as well. It was really quite nice, although- Kai was starting to feel it now, as the adrenaline dissipated from her system- it was hot. The grass was cooler than the air though, and laying down in it felt nice.

"Nice to meet you, Kuki," Kai said. "I just wanted to run for a bit, and get out of the house. I don't think it's depressing, really. I think it's quite nice."

"I might ask you the same thing," she added, hesitating after a moment's pause. "What brings you here?"

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/21/2010 8:11 PM

"I had to get away from....My family." A horrible snarled ripped from my open jaws, sending the birds in the trees. my expression was starined, pain caressing my eyes softly. "They.. have4 done bad things..." I padded closer to the hill we were near, and look at the dying sun, pain in my voie as I spoke. "They.. Hurt my lover.." I said, and then waited for her fury at not telling me this, waited for any reeaction at all. There was silence.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/22/2010 11:06 AM

"Ah," Kai said softly, gently. It was rare to see anger from her; why would she be angry now? Kai had only just met Kuki, and didn't expect her to tell her everything right away. Most people would keep these things inside themselves for much longer, but Kuki seemed very straightforward; to the point.

"That's horrible," Kai said, her voice still soft. She hadn't moved from her place in the grass; it kept her cool, and still felt quite nice. She sat still, ready for any response Kuki could throw at her. "Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?" She asked. It upset her to see so much negative emotion in another being, and seemed to take on a different air about her. She wasn't the hyper Kai of a couple minutes ago; she was now gentle, but serious. The other Kuhna didn't seem like the type to want to play right now, and Kai understood that. She would do all she could to help Kuki feel better, even though she didn't know her well.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/22/2010 11:14 AM

"Thank you, but It seems I should return to my home, Garl'n I am sorry, but parting ways does not seem fun. Would you care to meet my brother? " I asked, upset, yet excited. I wanted to have a person to talk to, for once. "10 years alone and isolated hurts, you know" I said, my eyes blazing in anger. "Sorry, I shouldn't take my pain and anger out on you. Sorry" I stared at the horizon, deep in thought. "You may like my brother. He and I were unaffected by what...happened"

*Garlin: A term used for a friend.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/22/2010 11:23 AM

"If it makes you happy, I'd be glad to accompany you home and meet your brother," Kai replied. Certainly it would be quite the long walk though, but Kai was prepared. She hadn't really expected a reaction line that, but this was a day of surprises for her! First, meeting Kuki had been a bit of surprise for her; she hadn't really expected to see anybody out here, as much as she had wanted to. It was a wish granted~ The next surprises had been in her reactions with Kuki; they had been unusual interactions, ones that you didn't get on a day-to-day basis. Most of the time, you just met someone, talked for a few seconds, and went on your way, minded your own business. It wasn't the case here, most certainly. Kai had a feeling that, come a bit of time, they would become good friends.

"Don't worry, I understand, it's fine," she said. She paused for a few seconds, and then said, "how far is your home, anyway?" She wanted to prepare herself mentally for a long walk, just in case.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/22/2010 11:28 AM

"Its over this hill."  I said, excited, despite my black air. I wanted to understand this life.  I started walking, tired but excited, Jumping up and down. "I am soooo gonna get in trouble for doing this..." I said, not really paying attention. "Aha! There is my home" I paced near it, waiting.

"Kuki! There you are! I-" My brother cut off when he saw my company "Hi...." A dreamy expression crossed his face. I smiled, a rare show of joy. "Yes, a girl you can flirt with" I said, unaffected by his joy. He didn't blush at all. "How are going to sneak past..Dad? " He swallowed, andit became apparant that he wasn't excited at all.
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 06/27/2010 11:10 AM

Soon enough, they were at the house, and Kai had been greeted by Kuki's brother. She didn't quite understand his dreamy look; she was still just a kid at heart, and not really all to experienced or interested in romance, assuming that it was the root of his dreamy look. Sure, Kai may have been pretty in a way, but she didn't really know it or, in reality, pay too much attention.

So, she wasn't supposed to be here with them? Maybe she should just go home; the sun was lower in the sky than she had thought it was. She needed to be home by sunset, and it was quite a long walk to her house.

Kai shifted away. "Um, sorry..." She said quietly. "I don't think I'm going to make it home on time, like I was supposed to be. I need to be home by sunset, and my house is quite a ways away. I'm so sorry, I should have realized..." She seemed a little embarrassed. "I need to get back now. I hope you feel better about what happened. Maybe we'll meet again someday," Kai said. Without another word, she was off.

((Sorry it took me so long to reply. I need to pull Kai out of this RP for multiple reasons, mainly my real life, sorry again. :/))
[Kai has left the Vast Plains.]

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/27/2010 11:46 AM

"Yeah..." I watched her, go sad, but understanding. Oh well. She was nice enough. Not like the others I usually met.
[Kuki has left the vast plains]
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate