A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Invitation to...Adventure? [Contest Thread]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/17/2010 5:23 PM

Wyndhail:
The strange farmer blinked. “Oh…” he said slowly, before his face lit up with muted comprehension. “Oh thank you! That makes sense now!” He then proceeded to ferry his three prizes along in the order that the Slynx had asked, before he returned with a grin and ferried the Slynx across as well. Once on the other side, the farmer scooped up the cabbage, and beckoned to the Yingshee. The Lucain stayed behind, looking faintly amused. The farmer only glanced back once, but didn’t seem worried about losing the Lucain; it was too much trouble anyays. The large canine looked down at the little pink feline. “Yo,,” He said slowly. “Now, I have to admit, when I first saw you coming down the path, I nearly died laughing. You’re a cat…and your pink…But you’re a pretty smart fella…” He paused thoughtfully. “And if you wouldn’t mind…well, I hate this place. So do you think you could maybe take me home? I’ll be good, I promise.”

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended a Lucain! Your prize will be sent shortly))

SkyWolf11:
The Torken blinked slowly. “That makes sense,” he said, nodding his head sagely. “Thanks, dude!” He tossed the ball up into the air, before a very displeased, very annoyed voice appeared beside the Lucain. “That was a very foolish thing you did. My sister will not be pleased. She tends to hate when others interfere with her games.” A small, white body appeared, and a pair of glowing eyes soon followed, seeming to burst into life beside the Lucain. It was an Invert Myuu Reaper. She seemed cross, and upset. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to teach you a lesson.” She lifted one paw, claws extended and aimed towards the Lucain. “This should show you not to interfere!” Maybe now was the time to use your ‘special present.’

Jessari:
“My path is green and beautiful!” The one to the left said. “There are flowers and pretty little trees. And at the end, sit’s the cute little prize that waits for you!” He smiled happily, seemingly telling the truth. Or was he? The right one scoffed. “He’s lying. My path is the real one; it’s dark, and scary, but at the end is a wonderful surprise which you will absolutely love. I know it!” The left one shook his head. “He’s lying. He wouldn’t be telling you the truth; why would you want to go down a path that was dark and depressing?” As if on cue, a loud roar sounded down the right path; so who was telling the truth?

Eunwon:
“Oh darn!” The Shartile said, snapping herb claws. “Well, fine. Since you’re here anyways, I’ve got something to give you. We found this…little thing hanging around here. It’s so annoying! All it does it cry! And we’re certainly not going to keep it.” She trundled off, and returned with a small basket containing what looked like a little kitten. It’s wings fluttered softly, and it mewled pathetically. “Take it!” she growled, shoving it at him. “And feed it, for heaven’s sake! It hasn’t shut up since we found it!” As if on cue, the little Kuhna started crying, little paws reaching up for the fruit in the Gyrraptor’s claws. See? It came in handy after all.

((Congratulations! You’ve befriended a Kuhna! Your prize will be sent shortly))

Graygriffin:
“Good idea!” The Fellox crowed, and did just that. It’s expression of gratitude was lost in the commotion that sounded a little further down the path. It sounded like…a buzzing sound, something electronic. That was odd. How could that be? If you peered closely, you’d see what looked like a small mouse. Or, to be more precise, a Maus. It was turning in circles, making a buzzing, squeaking noise, and running into a tree. Uh-oh! Could this Maus be missing something important? Like…it’s mind?

(CEunwon and Wyndhail will receive their prizes shortly; they are welcome to post once more, but their contest is over. ^^ Thanks for joining! SKYWOLF11 is the next poster! ))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/21/2010 7:08 PM

[[ D8;; Sorry for taking so long - I thought Wyndhail was going to make a final post. >.<;; ]]

Domeskis smiled smugly at having solved the Torken's ball riddle.  So he wasn't just handsome, he had smarts too!  Can anyone say ego boost?  Though he didn't get to celebrate his genius for long as another creature appeared in their midst.  It was an Invert Myu Reaper, and an unhappy looking one at that.  Furious was probably a more fitting word as the tiny feline swatted at him with some very sharp and painful looking extended claws.  He growled threateningly at the small cat for challenging him.  Was she nuts?!  He was like twice her size!  He could cut her down easily!  But cutting down such a small and meager opponent such as this would hardly be worth the energy to him.

Then a thought came to light - that toy mouse he had received from those Tali pups.  Would it be wise to use it now?  It made sense.  Cats loved mice, real or fake probably didn't matter.  Quickly, he pulled it out and flung it towards the cat.  "Take that!" he growled, hoping that, if anything, it would smack her in the face and slow her down a bit.  

[Lvl. 2 -- 6]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Jessari » 07/23/2010 9:52 PM

Jane's frown deepened as they each spoke. She knew which option sounded more attractive to her, but which one was the truth? Their bickering distracted her as she tried to sift through their words for hidden falsehoods, and she growled in frustration. An answering growl sounded from the path to the right.

A disturbing grin formed on her face. That bad boy (or girl) sounded like he wasn't too happy. Perhaps she should go see what she could do to for him... Sparing a sharp glance at the Kuhna on the right, she said, "I think I'll take your path, furball, but if I find nothing but sunshine and roses at the end of it...," she made a flourish with the knife in her hand, "I'll be back for you."

With that, Jane headed down the path to the RIGHT.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 07/23/2010 10:16 PM

The Gyrraptor smiled to himself when the Shartile responded with an 'Oh darn!". It was a nice feeling to show someone up every once it a while, especially when you weren't expecting it yourself. Though Maho quickly changed his attitude to a more excited and joyful one when the little reptile mentioned giving him something. But not just something, something. Which meant an actual living being. This was better then the Gyrraptor had imagined! He got to bring a companion home! His whole body was shaking in excitement as the Shartile went to fetch his prize.

Wait... some mewling kit that was useful for, absolutely nothing? No way! He hadn't come all this way for nothing! Though he gave it his fruit, as the poor thing was starved. Maho couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the baby, all alone with no mother. Ciasto will help it, though, after all, she just had a litter. But through his dissapointment he looked closer at the kit. That was a kuhna - Eunwon's absolute favorite species ever. Maho let out a slight squek of excitement. The Gyrraptor then thanked the reptile politely, and bounded home. Eunwon should be so pleased!

(( Thanks again, Millie. That was super kind of you! (: ))

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/24/2010 11:09 PM

"Oh dear! The poor little thing!" exclaimed Katie, rushing forwards in an attempt to embrace it.

"No!" exclaimed Ship loudly, pulling her back. "It could be dangerous for you to approach it by yourself. We should take this!" He extended his head, showing her the chip. Katie nodded, then took it carefully, and walked forward, the Yingshee close behind. Suddenly, his head dipped forwards, in an attempt to corral the electronic mouse so that Katie could insert the chip.

[6,6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/06/2010 12:43 AM

((OC:: This post will be edited with the final or semi-final post sometime soon. Just wanted you guys to be sure I didn't forget. ^^))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Previous