A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Invitation to...Adventure? [Contest Thread]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2010 1:12 AM

A very nervous looking woman stands outside of a large, double barred gate. There are torches lit on either side, and already their light is bright in the growing darkness of dusk. Stars begin to twinkle in the sky, a full moon rising to light up the night. As you approach, the woman wrings her hands and whines, looking torn between two very difficult decisions. She’s so caught up in her own inner turmoil, she hardly notices you approach. Briefly, you wonder if accepting the invitation to a ‘new and exciting theme park’ was a good idea. This doesn’t look ‘new and exciting’; just boring and , well…concerning.

Beyond the gate, you can hear strange and frightening noises emanating from somewhere inside what you can only assume the park. You wince slightly; that…doesn’t sound promising. As you look back towards the woman, you are startled to see that she is gone. Wait, what? Wasn’t she just there a moment before? Pondering this new and strange event, you are suddenly tackled from behind, and a pair of arms wraps securely around you. “Oh thank Yepha you’re here!” a feminine voice squeaks. “Thank you for coming! Thank you, thank you!” Very much close to either a mild-heart attack or a panic induced frenzy, you spin around to see the woman from before peering up at you.

Confused, you ask her what exactly is going on, showing her the invitation from before. “Oh, uh…” She rubs the back of her neck nervously. “Yes, well…You see, it’s not exactly a…theme park.” She gulps and looks at the ground. “More of an…experiment. Hehe, yeah, experiment. You see, I thought it would be, er…fun to collect some of the, uh, stranger pets of Evelon and start up my own…zoo. Unfortunately…things went horribly, horribly wrong and…” She points a the gate, where the sounds of something very, very uninviting echo through the ‘park.’ Uh-oh. “So, you see…I sent the invitation, hoping I’d get a few brave souls to…help me…uh… ‘round up’ the pets…And…Well…I’m so glad you’re here!”

She suddenly hugs you again, practically bouncing with excitement. “So, uh…there’s a lot of pets in there…and when I say a lot, I mean…a LOT. Like…Tons. Most of them have teeth…And they’re not very friendly. I…Well, do you think you could help me out? I promise to reward you handsomely.” She smiled prettily, using the infamous ‘puppy-dog eyes’ on you. Do you dare to accept the challenge? Or will you turn away for ‘safer’ ventures? The choice is yours.

------

Rules
- You may only enter ONE contest (There will be four, so don’t worry if you miss this one).
- No double posting.
- No whining or complaining. (IC or OOC)
- These pets are just randomly appearing, and what they have/ask you to do is also randomly determined by me.
- There is no post limit (A.K.A., you do not have to have so many posts to finish the game, although 5 is a must. Trust me, you will get 5 XD).
- Don’t worry, if you get stumped, I’m here to help. I won’t let your character be disqualified or anything; my characters are meant to stump you, not keep you from finishing completely.
- Prizes are determined by the judge.
- Prizes are determined by how well you do in the contest.
- You have 3 days to post; if 3 days has gone by, and you still have not taken your turn, you will be disqualified, and someone else will be allowed to join in your place.
- There is a posting order; please follow it. First person to post, goes first, etc, etc.
- The event doesn’t start until everyone arrives and I make a post saying, basically ‘GO!’
- If I missed anything, let me know.

Participants:
1. Wyndhail
2. SkyWolf11
3. Jessari
4. Eunwon
5. GrayGriffin

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Invitation to...Adventure? [Contest Thread]

Postby Wyndhail » 06/25/2010 1:37 AM

Oh dear.

This was definitely one of the worst 'expeditions' poor Arron had ever been sent on. In fact, he'd rather jump from the window of a building than go in... there. And that woman... she was just frightening. The Slynx hoped that she was not diseased or something, but he was not quite certain of that. He could feel the fur on his laughably-sized tail and between his shoulderblades prickling and sticking straight up, his rounded ears twitching and swiveling with every dreadful noise that emanated from those creepy, torch-lit, medieval-esque double-doors.

Every adjective the woman used made the pink feline flinch, cringe, and use every expression of fear and horror that he could muster. 'Horribly' and 'not very friendly' and 'brave souls' (why was he here, then?). And the things in there had /teeth/. He was sure that she did not mean that they were herbivorous. The Slynx began to mentally swear that if she busted out one more ominous adjective that he would flee into the night, but the next one was 'handsomely'. Referring to rewards. And as much as he didn't care about being rewarded, he was obligated to bring /something/ back, as it was every time he was sent out to do something or other.

"Yes, yes, okay..."

Even though the Slynx had to go in- there was no choice in the matter- he still regretted those words once they came out. Surely enough there would be no turning back now, this woman appeared to be fraught with desperation, and it was kind of creeping him out. The fact that she kept hugging him did not bode well for her sanity. He was not sure what he would be looking forward to (or, well, the opposite in emotional terms), but he did know by this point that they made very scary noises.

I mean, really. Why did he have to be sent here, of all the available candidates? He was already shaking enough to give himself a seizure. His claws were clearly unsheathed, though if he could do harm to something then that was new. Arron began to ponder if being sent out to do these horrible errands was for some strange narrator or life-controller's sick amusement, but then he decided that those notions were a bit crazy, even for himself.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/25/2010 7:29 AM

Domeskis // Demon :: Level 1 :: 0 Posts

So this is where his curiousity (and, not to mention, that odd invitation) had lead him, eh?   -To this "Zoo of Horrors", as he now imagined it to be thanks to the woman's description of what exactly lurked inside.  His shining red eyes looked the large barred doors up and down with curious interest before flickering over onto the woman for a second time.  He had to bite back a growl as he glared at the woman for a few seconds.  On this particular day, his mood wasn't a happy one, put vaguely, so he hadn't much appreciated her tackling him...  She was lucky his reflexes had been a bit off, or otherwise she might'nt have a hand right now.  A bit drastic?  Yes.  But somewhat plausible for a guy like Domeskis, or Demon, as he had grown accustomed to being called.

Another fearfully odd sound called loudly out into the approaching night from behind the walls of the park and drew his attention from the lady momentarily.  He couldn't help but smile a bit deviously at it.  The uncertainty of someone's fate who chose to partake in this excursion would have been enough to deter most, but Domeskis wasn't so easily frightened.  His two tails flicked with excited anxiety as he spent only a couple of pondering seconds on his decision.  "Sounds ... fun.~" he chuckled darkly.  Nothing was on his agenda to do today, anyways.  So why not take a stroll through a park that could kill you?  He chuckled again at the thought.  Though, he didn't consider himself a "brave soul" as the woman had said.  More like an interested risk taker just here for a quick thrill.  Yeah, he fit the bill more or less as such.  And the promise of a reward only seemed to fuel his interest in this matter all the more, though he knew it wouldn't really matter if he ended up walking away empty handed.  Afterall, he was more or less here for the fun of it all, really... that is ... if one could call it that.

His eyes slowly fell back onto the jittery woman once again, who was looking at him with a hopeful shine in her eyes.  He stared at her a few seconds more before giving a slight nod in comfirmation, in case his previous message hadn't been an absolute answer to her.  "Yeah, you can count me in; I'll give it a go.  What fun - Throwing myself in harms way in the dead of night ... yeah.  Who wouldn't want to?" he remarked with a sarcastic tone.  Hmm ... he could possibly be even more crazy then this woman...

[Lvl. 1 -- 1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Jessari » 06/25/2010 7:41 AM

A dark-skinned woman approached the three who had already gathered, taking in the surroundings with a glance that said she was less than interested. She was small for a human, but far from delicate; her rolled-up sleeves revealed arms that, while thin, hinted at a wiry strength that would not make her an easy target. There were aged cuts on her hands, and a long scar ran the length of one of her forearms. The observant would guess at a wound from a knife fight, and considering the various hilts sticking out from her person, they would probably be correct.

When the 'caretaker' wrapped her arms around her, Jane couldn't shove her away fast enough. Fingers flexed towards one of the hilts, but the caretaker wasn't the danger. Whatever was making the threatening noises behind the door was. As the explanation was given for the noises, her dark eyes flickered to the large door, something akin to hunger glinting in them. She was far from a pet collector, but danger...danger was something she found quite attractive.

Brushing the crimson and cobalt hair from her face, she gave the nervous young woman a sharp grin. "I'll help you find your pets. When can we begin?

(Excuse the lame post. It's obscenely early here, but I wanted to get a post in before work. :P )
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/25/2010 12:43 PM

Maho was wandering around, looking for a so-called 'theme park'. His trainer, Eunwon, had sent him here to check things out as she knew he had a love for adventuring. The only reason he had actually listened to her, though, is because he almost wanted to see this for himself. With a sigh, Maho remembered his pen. It got so boring around there, with only a very small amount of creatures and a starting owner... Ughh! Why coudn't he have a different home? His large claws digged into the ground, the park was supposed to be right here. Yet, looking around, nothing that looked even close to a park was insight. The place that was here, was, scary looking. Well, not very welcoming in the least. But, because it was getting dark and Maho really had no other place to go, he took a big gulp and walked in.

No one who knows Maho would beg him for help, everyone knows he simply does things for himself, period. But this lady did seem desperate, and the handsome prize she mentioned certainly had caught his attention. Besides, the challenge seemed entertaining, something he could definitely do... Or not! Maho jumped as a big growl came from inside the building, and loud snarls followed after it. Nevermind, Maho was scared. Perhaps the gate and torchers represented 'danger'. He shook his head, not believing he had actually walked in. But this was the park. At least he knew what it was now, but what could he go back and tell Eunwon? That this was just some place with monsterous creatures lurking around? Better then being eaten, that's for sure. He started to back up, but then thought twice about it. This prize maybe could help out at the pen, not that he really wanted to help the pen, but the pen was his home, and he wouldn't mind upgrading it a bit.

"Ok, fine, I'll do it. Where do I start?"

What had just got himself into? Something big, and he didn't know if a prize would be worth it or not. But he'll just have to wait and see. He took a big breath of air, and prayed that everything would work out.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/25/2010 7:15 PM

"Ooh boy!" exclaimed Katie happily as she bounced up to the door. This should be so fun! We're going on an adventure! Isn't that right, Ship?" She was rocking back and forth on her heels, eager to dive into the game. She was grinning right back at the woman, happy to find someone as cheerful as her.

"Although it sounds dangerous, you have never been one to be deterred by danger," muttered the Yingshee. "I can only hope that we do not regret this." He sighed, shifting back and forth on his hooves. He was nervous, he would not deny that. And he definitely didn't really want to do this. But he was Katie's friend. He had to protect her, no matter what happened. And he would! He knew he would protect her.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2010 7:32 PM

“Oh you will?" The woman gushed as the Slynx stepped form the shadows and agreed to help her. She seemed to be having a hard time holding herself back from pouncing on him and hugging him to death. “Thank you! And your just so cute! All pink and stuff…” She was quickly distracted by the next newcomer, and turned to face him. The woman waggled her finger at the male Lucain who’d growled at her, frowning and looking cross despite the comedy of the entire situation. “Don’t you growl at me. Mr.,” she scolded, before her frown quickly turned into a smile. “Wonderful!” The next woman who showed up was…a bit intimidating, really, but the owner of the park wasn’t picky; she needed all the help she could get. “You. Are. Awesome,” she gushed, clasping her hands in front of her and bouncing on her feet. She cast a sidelong glance at the Gyrraptor who had stepped forward, her eyes lighting up as if she recognized the species. “Oh! Oh ,you’ll be perfect for this!” she squeaked, turning in a circle. She seemed a bit…manic for a zookeeper. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all. The next two to arrive were so adorable, she almost pounced on them right there.

“Ahem, yes, well. Right! Everyone is here! Now, I must warn you, not everything in there is friendly, and some things might try to eat you. But some things might try to trick you. So watch out! They may not always be telling the truth. Anyways…” She pulled out five pieces of paper from her pocket, and handed one of each to each contestant. “This is a map of the park. Make sure you tread carefully. At the back of the park, there are five different…er…challenges for you to meet.” She laughed nervously. “Uh…Good luck! And be careful!” She pressed a small button on a remote (Where did she get that?) and the gates slowly creaked open, waiting to welcome you in.

(Note: This map is for all contestants. You may choose left or right once you come to the forks. I will post for each of you after you make your decision in one big post dictating what challenges, if any, you meet. You’ll notice each turn has a different colored dot; that’s to help me remember and figure out which way your going. When you choose, please make sure to put “Right” or “Left” and then put them in the color you chose and BOLD it; for instance left would be a red left. Or right would be a purple right. Thank you guys!)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 06/25/2010 10:54 PM

Well, great. Not only was this woman a probable candidate for disease (maybe rabies? maybe she had a pet form that could contract rabies?), she also thought Arron was 'cute'. Endearing, perhaps, but his pink fluff had made him the source of a lot of ill will in his younger years. And current years. Still, he couldn't just leave now. All her hope was resting on him, and the four other scary-ish things behind him that he didn't want to think about! Okay, honestly, he didn't care about that. Arron was simply doing this because if he came home without something then... well, he wasn't sure what would happen, but he didn't want to break tradition. Maybe he'd get thrown out of the house or something. Or maybe he'd have to stay in a small, cramped room with something scary for a period of time. He couldn't choose which was worse.

So, with clearly-evident hesitation, the Plush Slynx stepped fearfully into the dark 'park'. Right when he entered there--

Wait, did she just say 'try to eat him'? Arron began to shake violently. Very violently. He was like a human PlayStation 2 controller when a boss comes up and shakes the ground or something, but without the sound effect. Great. He hoped he ran into the ones that tried to trick him instead. Arron did not take long to decide that he would rather be tricked than eaten.

As I was saying... So, with clearly-evident hesitation, the Plush Slynx stepped fearfully into the dark 'park'. Right when he entered there seemed to be an immediate fork in the road, one path heading off to the left and the other to the right. He stood there for about five minutes, debating on which to take. He was never a good decision-maker, but after a bit of deliberation, he chose to head off right. Also, he hoped there were no Battlehearts in here. He hated Battlehearts. They were terrifying. Then again, he thought a lot of things were terrifying, so...

splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/26/2010 2:49 PM

Domeskis furrowed his brow and shot the woman an odd glance as she seemed to scold him shortly.  That only brought another growl into his throat - this one more audible.  It was a wonder that he had even ended up here, being the unsocial type that he was.  Nope, very rarely could he work well with others, or even be around them.  I guess the thrill of the adventure outweighed his discomfort of groups.  'Wierd ol' lady ... telling me what I can and can't do ...'  He rolled his eyes, deciding that inwardly pouting wouldn't help the situation.  Instead, he focused most of his attention onto the small piece of paper the woman had handed out to each of them.  

He scanned over the 'map' with an uninterested look, for the most part.  He gave a small scoff.  He didn't need a map! ... though that probably wouldn't be true once he stepped foot inside the place.  There was no telling just how large the place was from just looking at it from the outside.  He glanced over the map once more before looking up and looking over the faces of the others that had decided to accept this challenge.  

Before Domeskis realized it, the woman had already begun to open the doors.  The eerie creaks rang out loudly into the night and seemed to echo on further out into the plains.  It wasn't a very welcoming sound, especially paired with what Domeskis could only decipher as angered and surprised howls from deep inside the darkened park.  He felt a chill run down his back.  It was a mixture of fear and excitement.  That sly smile came back to his lips as he fell into place behind the Slynx.  Watching the pink feline hesitate so greatly made him snicker to himself.  'He probably won't last long.' he thought cruelly.  It was apparent he didn't have much faith in the others ... and perhaps a bit too much in himself.  

His eyes trialed after the Slynx for a few seconds as he ventured down the right side of the fork.  He then took to the other path; he started slowly down the left route.   Now he found himself wanting to see just what this place harbored from the public.  This was sure to be interesting...

[Lvl. 1 -- 2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Jessari » 06/26/2010 11:17 PM

Jane glared at the woman as she bounced around, ready to elude her grasp should she be brave enough to attempt another hug. If the keeper had one ounce of self-preservation, she wouldn't dare try. Although Jane was about a head shorter than she was, she had the appearance of one who was raised rough and wouldn't hesitate to back up her opinions with physical force if given a good reason.

Eyes still wary, Jane accepted the slip of paper from the woman and glanced at the map. It was simple, too much so. It showed the location of the forks and the basic outline of the paths, but nothing else. Were there any problems with the terrain they should be made aware of? Any rivers or streams? Jane wasn't bothered by the map's ambiguity, though. She, unlike the quaking Slynx, hoped to run into danger, and loads of it. It didn't even matter if she got lost doing so. Her goal wasn't to make it to the end of the path, as the keeper seemed to think it should be; it was to see how close to death she could walk and still make it out alive.

Giving the map another quick peek, she crumpled the paper up and stuck it in her back pocket. It was basically useless to her anyway, so why spend more time studying it? Jane watched as the Slynx and the Lucain entered, each choosing separate paths. She crossed her arms over her chest, slightly annoyed that wherever she chose to go, another had already walked the path before her. With a slight huff, she set out on the path on the RIGHT, trailing far behind the Slynx. As much as he was shaking, there was a good chance he'd turn tail and run back anyway.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/27/2010 12:29 PM

The lady's words repeated in his head, ''Oh! Oh you'll be perfect for this." Maho couldn't tell if that was supposed mean he would be good at this, or he would make a nice meal for some hungry pets in there. At the moment, the Gyrraptor's mind was blank - in a sense. Actually, it was so full of thoughts - mostly bad, in this case - that whenever Maho tried to pull one out, ten more came as well, creating... blankness.

Most likely the biggest and scariest thought of all finally settled on it's own, clear in Maho's mind. The lady had said the pets might eat him. Eat him? That also meant kill him. No. He could not go into a maze where he might die. 'Might' was much to big of a risk. It seemed that the three others infront of him had already gone straight ahead, not seeming to fear anything. Great. Not only was he deathly afraid - but he was also the only one who felt that way.

Trick him? Great. So these pets were masterminds and pet-eaters. Perfect. Brilliant. Death. Maho could handle riddles and such, but common sense? He didn't even know the word. What was he thinking? Walking into here in the first place. But everything happened so quickly, he was greeted by some desperate lady who was begging for help (and you can't forget the big prize) and then what? Maho had said yes. He shook his head at himself, how could he have been so stupid? Now this prize may cost him his life... He didn't want to die yet!

Now, back to the maze. The past was the past, he was going to have to deal with that. But then, he didn't really want to deal with the future either. So Maho simply decided to live in the moment. Which way to go? Did it really matter? Death was around every corner. Which one he didn't know. So, randomness could decide. How about... left? Left. Yep, that's where he was going to go. He took one deep breath, and set his foot towards the path to the left.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/28/2010 5:36 AM

"Ooh boy!" exclaimed Kaite. "Where should we go, Ship?"

"I...honestly have no clue. Which way do you want to go?"

"I dunno...everyone is going equally to the left and the right. Should we split up?"

"I can't protect you if we do that!" Ship's tone became urgent here, and he reared up to shake her shoulders slightly. Katie nodded, comprehending, then stared intensely at the two exits, her paw moving back and forth as she whispered "eenie meenie minie moe..."

Finally, she pointed to the left. "We go that way!" she declared. Ship nodded, and the two set off.

[2, 2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/29/2010 5:33 AM

Wyndhail:
The Slynx had chosen to go right. Time would only tell if it was the ‘right’ choice to make. The bushes rustled along the small path, one of many that were possible to take to the right of the park. The place had been designed to be an individual adventure for each person who entered, and it did it’s job well. In the shadows, the bushes rustled, a pair of bright, glowing eyes peering out of the darkness. A low, velvety hiss pierced the air, and suddenly, there was something sliding along the path in front of him. It disappeared into the brush, leaving behind only it’s voice. “Oh my,” it hissed. “Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh me, oh my…” The bushes moved again, and the shadow slid into the open, rearing up to tower high above the Slynx. “Why, hello there my tasty little morsel.”

It was a massive Carpetfang, and it looked…hungry. “Tell me…” The Carpetfang slowly coiled itself around the outside of the Slynx, effectively cutting off his escape. “What bringssss you here? Have you come to…tame the beastsssss in the park?” It suddenly laughed. “How charming. I have a better idea…How about you and I…have dinner together, hm?” The Carpetfang lowered it’s head until it was only a few millimeters from the Slynx. “If you can ansssssswer my riddle, I will let you go…But if you can’t…Well, let’s jussssst sssssay I’m quite hungry and I’m…not too picky about what I eat. No matter how silly it‘s color is.” It smiled a grim, toothy smile. “Now for the riddle…‘From the beginning of eternity to the end of time and space, to the beginning of every end and the end of every place. What am I?’” The Carpetfang smiled again. “Better hurry…I get impatient when I’m hungry…” This calls for some quick thinking.

SkyWolf11:
The Lucain had chosen to go left. Perhaps this route would prove far more auspicious than the Slynx’s chosen one. Along the small, diverging path, dainty little flowers sprouted, illuminated by the light of the moon above. This path seemed a little more…er…cutesy than the other one. Of course, that didn’t stop the eyes from flashing in the dark. “Mr.! Mr.! Mr.!” a sweet little voice called from the dark. “Oh, Mr.! Won’t you please, please help me!” Suddenly, a tiny little body leapt form the shadows, and rolled to a stop at the Lucain’s feet. “My-my brother!” it wailed, and in the light of the moon, it was clear this was a plump little Tali pup.

“My brother! He climbed up the tree, ‘cuz he said he was brave. And I said ‘nuh-uh, no you’re not!’ And he said ‘yes I am, watch!’ and then he climbed the tree. But-but-but, he got stuuuuccckkk!” It cried out the last part, little fat tears running down it’s cheeks. “Please Mr.!” It pointed a chubby little paw up at a very large tree with…uh…were those…vines…with, um, teeth? And…were those vines moving? Oh dear. It seemed even the trees around here were dangerous. Up above, high in the waving, snapping branches, a tiny little Tali pup sat, crying out in fear, balanced precariously on a tiny branch that looked like it was about to break. “Please Mr.!” the pup on the ground wailed. “Please help him!” Well? What are you going to do?

Jane:
Jane’s path did not follow the Slynx’s. While they’re paths did connect at first, they quickly diverged and forked, running alongside one another. Only voices and sounds could be heard through the dense brush separating them. Stepping into the forest would be a bad idea; there was no way out of a place like that. The path Jane took was quiet and dark, and it seemed as though there were no dangerous beasts or angry monsters lurking down this way.

There was however, a very small bag sitting suspiciously in the middle of the path. It was pink, with a big blue ribbon tied on it. What on earth was going on here? It was just a normal bag, right? Wait…did it just move? Perhaps you should pick it up, and see what’s inside. Or should you? The choice is yours.

Eunwon:
The Gyrraptor had chosen to go left, and unfortunately for him, his particular path to the left led him straight to…A fruit tree. Wait…a fruit tree? There was nothing menacing about that. Well, nothing that was readily apparent, until the massive form of a sleeping Sheilupe was revealed dozing beneath it. Suddenly, a flutter sounded right next to the Gyrraptor, and a little Batti flitted beside him, one wing bound in a crude sling, keeping him effectively grounded. “Oh, hi,” it squeaked, sounding sullen. It sighed heavily, plopping down in the dirt.

“What’s a big Gyrraptor like you doin’ in a place like this?” It paused. “Wait, don’t answer. I don’t wanna know…Listen…if your not doing anything, you think you could get one of those fruits for me? I’d get it myself but…er…well…” he motioned to his hurt wing, and then nodded his head towards the Sheilupe. “If…you don’t wanna help, I guess that’s fine. I’ll just…sit here and starve…” It heaved another heavy sigh, and slumped to the ground.

GrayGriffin:
This was great! There were no scary monsters or freaky trees down this way. In fact, this path was rather pretty, with lots of cutesy little flowers. There was nothing menacing about this path. The further in you might go, the cuter it got. In fact, it was almost nauseatingly cute. Was that a…sign of bad things to come? Perhaps. But if you’ll look carefully at the ground, you’ll find it’s no longer stable. You, my friend, are standing in quicksand. There are vines hanging above you, cute little trees around you, but unfortunately, nothing is within reach. Maybe if someone would just…Oh…Is that a Draculi sitting there? Why yes, yes it is.

The feline smiles a slow, mysterious smile, pawing at a vine at her foot, and tilts her head. “What a puuuuurrfectly amusing predicament!” she purrs, tail flicking back and forth. Is it your imagination, or is she actually see-through? Nah, must be your imagination. “Looks like you’ve gotten yourself into a rather interesting situation. I’m afraid I’d be disinclined to help you…” She pauses, and then gives you a sly look. “Unless you can answer my riddle, of course…” She toys with the vines, and she seems to disappear and reappear in the blink of an eye, though she hasn’t moved an inch. “’If a Tali is born in Roraldi, raised in Jawan, moved to Nori when he was 30, moved to Basantha when he was 56, then moved back to Jawan where he died, what is he?’”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/29/2010 7:57 PM

"He's dead! And old!" squealed Katie, trying desperately to clamber onto Ship's back. She gasped desperately as she slipped off, her claws scrabbling at Ship's wool, pulling out pieces of it. Ship bleated in pain, but tried to make swimming motions, staying mostly on top of the sand.

"Hmm..." muttered Ship, but he couldn't really think of anything else to add. Was this some sort of historical riddle? If it was, they were doomed. Neither he nor Katie had any inkling on history.

[3, 3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 06/29/2010 10:53 PM

Oh. Dear. Zu'hai.
The Slynx nearly had a heart attack when he heard a rasping voice coming from within the bushes, squealing quite loudly and appearing as though he was about to jump out of his skin. Be that as it may, however, the Slynx became increasingly worried once the Carpetfang began to refer to him as various... food-related, edible sorts of things. He began to fidget intensely, hyperventilate, the works. The fur along his spine and tail bristled to the point where Arron looked more fluffy than he actually was.
He didn't dare interrupt the Carpetfang (though for a brief second there was an obstinate narrowing of the eyes at calling his coloration 'silly'), though perhaps it would've been better if the creature had been cut off instead. This was not the work he was cut out for! With his luck he'd get devoured alive. Or, well, dead. The Slynx was not quite sure whether Carpetfangs liked their food struggling or already deceased.
Arron gave everything around him an exasperated look, glancing around for some way out, but the carpetfang was enormous and seemed to have no intention of letting him simply roam free. If he tried he would surely end up in its jaws, which was not a pleasant thought at all.
Still, that riddle seemed... quite familiar. He was quite sure this scary reptile could hear his heart beating quite fast as his mind grasped for the answer somewhere in his memory. Finally he seemed to get it.
"I-is... Is it... Is it the, um, the letter... E... please don't eat me..."