A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: The Training of Leaf and Thorn (P)

Postby HunnyBun » 07/17/2010 12:28 AM

Wilo nodded as he walked on.
"Yes, you have to go to a hospital, but it's not smelly. They keep it really clean and white and sparkly." He said, moving his hands in the air as he spoke.
He looked around, seeing nothing across the straight plain. He sat up straight as the Neuleef said mean things about humans.
"The "two-legs" aren't that bad, I have one as my owner and she isn't that bad." He said, he knew some really nice ones that were caring.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 12:33 AM

"But they're so clumsy!" Ilex said, waving his arms emphatically. In doing so, he slipped and toppled backwards, barely grabbing hold of Wilo's shoulder at the last moment. He pulled himself back up. "They never watch where they put their big feet." Still, he looked thoughtful. He'd only hung out with others of the Leef species, and they were all afraid of the humans. Wilo was the first one he'd heard say nice things about the two-leggers. Maybe some of them weren't so bad...

Ilex: 9/65
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/17/2010 12:59 AM

Wilo had put his hand down to catch Ilex when he had fell, but he seemed to catch his self. He then thought again, he was right, some people were clumsy and mean.
"Not all of them are bad, some can be, but if you'd just give some of them a chance." He said, trying to fight for them.
He didn't understand why he was trying to convince Ilex about people. But he just couldn't stop his self.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 1:19 AM

"Okay,Wilowilo," the Neuleef said slowly. "I guess I can try." Although he'd only known Wilo for a few minutes, he'd already accepted him as a friend, and in his mind, that meant that Wilo couldn't possibly tell him anything but the truth. "Who's your human?" he asked, starting to get more curious about the humans he'd always stereotyped.

Ilex: 10/65

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/17/2010 1:29 AM

Wilo was happy that he might have helped change some minds about how people are. It made him feel good and he smiled widely. He had even more of a spring to his step. But he slowed down when he remembered Ilex was on his shoulder. He tilted his head and chuckled a little.
"Oh my human? I don't know her name, but I call her "mom" so does Carol and Cedar." He said, thinking.
He never learned "mom's" name, he never wanted to know. Now he was wanting to find it out.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 1:34 AM

"Who's Carol and Cedar?" Ilex liked the name Cedar. It was a good name, something one of his Leef friends might use. His eyes wandered, looking all about them at the flat, boring ground. He missed the trees. How had he been blown so far?

As if his thoughts had summoned it, a swift breeze tore him from Wilo's shoulder. "Whoa, whoa!" he cried, half in surprise, half in enjoyment. He felt like he was flying! As the wind carried his flat body like a kite, Ilex flew higher and higher above the ground.

Ilex: 11/65

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/17/2010 1:40 AM

Wilo was about to answer Ilex's question, explaining everything of his two good friends, but Ilex was swift away before he could start. Wilo swung around and looked up in the air, surprised and with fear.
"Ilex!" He shouted, running after him.
Wilo kept his eye on Ilex as he tried to keep up with him so he didn't loose him. How was he going to be able to get him back down? Would he ever come back down? Could he be harmed in anyway? Wilo was so worried.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 1:45 AM

After the initial shock, Ilex decided he actually enjoyed this kind of traveling. He closed his eyes against the wind and flapped his little hands rapidly (which did absolutely nothing at all). When he heard Wilo's voice, he opened his eyes again and looked down. "You look so little from up here," he cried, giggling at the humor of it. He didn't even think of the possibility that the wind would blow him away from his new friend like it had from his old ones. Silly Neuleef. But the gust of wind was beginning to lose speed over the flat ground, and he slowly began to drift lower to the ground.

Ilex: 12/65

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/17/2010 1:52 AM

Wilo, seeing that Ilex was starting to drift towards the earth, held both his hands out to try and catch him. He was still looking up as he ran after him, not paying attention to where he was going. And as he kept running on, one of his feet caught onto a crack, and he came tumbling down. His head smacked the smooth surface, his hands still outstretched. He looked up, he had failed, now Ilex would be to far for him to help.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 2:23 AM

The little Neuleef, seeing the distress on his new friend's face, began to realize the urgency of the matter. Turning his body against the wind, he began flapping his arms and kicking his feet, trying to swim through the air to get back to Wilo. Tongue grasped firmly between his lips in extreme concentration, Ilex tried to feel how the moved his body. Maybe if he twisted this way, he'd go lower. No, maybe the other way...

He got farther and farther from Wilo, but he slowly got the hang of riding the wind currents, kind of like a surfer on the ocean waves. After a long struggle, he touched ground again. In the distance, he could see Wilo, but he was so small that he wasn't sure Wilo could see him. He began to run across the ground, hoping to get to Wilo before the Rogue Leef ran in the wrong direction.

Ilex: 13/65

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 11:56 PM

He had blown further than he thought. Ilex kept running, but it was taking him too long. The wind kept blowing at him, wanting to pick him back up.

Ilex: 14/65

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/18/2010 12:10 AM

It was a losing battle. With a great gust, the wind lifted Ilex off his tiny feet and blew him head over heels into the distance. "Wilo!!!" he cried, his high-pitched voice fading quickly.

Ilex: 15/65

((I'm moving Ilex over to Tengel Rainforest to work a little on his Offense and Precision. Feel free to have Wilo follow. :) ))

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/18/2010 12:10 AM

Wilo jolted to his feet, now was his chance to help Ilex. He ran as fast as his wooden feet would take him. He had to reach Ilex before another gust took him even farther. It could even take him out of the area, leaving wilo by his self. Or even getting Ilex into trouble.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items