A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

A Snare of Dreams... forever silent? ~Open~

Postby Dawnkit » 08/06/2010 12:03 AM

Beautiful, Deadly,
                                                                            a treasure for sure!
                                                                          Your dreams she snares...
                                                                         with a hook... and a lure...

Kind at heart,
                                                                             deceptive outside,
                                                                             find her true self,
                                                                    find the tears she has cried...

Dream looked out across the open plains, her fur flowing back from the gentle wind, her wings tugged slightly behind her. Sighing, she shook her head and padded slowly through the tall grass, her slightly glowing pelt standing out from the golden rods of grass. She could weave dreams together, pick them up and create them. But she was silent as the wind that blew today. Somehow she had to let someone know that... let them close their eyes to her and open their mind. Let her play with their dreams as she told her story....

But no one would understand something like that. Why would they? With a stifled sigh she sat down and closed her eyes as images of dreams past created flashed through her mind. No.... no one was out there that could understand her like that. Was there?
Image ~Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls! ImageShooting Star
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 181
Donate

Re: A Snare of Dreams... forever silent? ~Open~

Postby Dawnkit » 08/06/2010 10:59 PM

Dream's eyes saddened. The plain was empty. Words floated around in her head, but none of them bothered to come out. Tears filled her eyes but she blinked them back. Not before one dripped down however and she watched as it plopped onto the ground, soaked into it, and offered liquid to the grass roots below her paws.
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/06/2010 11:16 PM

She sighed yet again. Obviously nobody was going to be here. Why did she even bother. Picking herself up, Dream turned and padded away from her spot in the grass, her head hanging low. She wished that someone would be here, anyone she could put her story into by dreams. But there was absolutely no one...
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/06/2010 11:18 PM

With one last glance behind her, Dream blinked once and then was gone from sight. But who knows.... maybe she wasn't really gone...
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

1.1 1/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/07/2010 1:38 PM

The Hisper slithered through the grass. His tongue flicked out every few moments, checking for the scents of potential prey and potential threats or just another creature in general. Someone to play with and manipulate. He was the puppet master, after all. Now all he needed was a puppet.

Lucifer raised himself, attempting to see over the tall grass, but no such luck. He was, sadly, too short. With a hiss of annoyance he returned to slithering through the dust. What a life for a creature with no limbs. If he had a puppet he could be carried. What a nice life that would be.

(Hai thar~)

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/07/2010 5:54 PM

Photok surveyed the plains from a far away hill. His quarry should be somewhere in this vicinity... He looked down. There! he thought. Stupid man left behind his footprints! Keeping his eyes on the ground, he began to follow the tracks down into the valley below, unaware that his armor was gleaming in the sunlight, giving away his presense...
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 39
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/07/2010 8:04 PM

Surprised, the plains seemed suddenly to come to life. She flicked her ears, startled by a flashing somewhere nearby and a hissing noise that sounded ominously close. She turned back and took a few steps towards the plains again. Maybe they weren't deserted after all... Hope flared in her as she followed the flashing. It was easier to follow than a noise, but she kept her ears flicking around for the noise anyways. She shrank into the tall grass and watched the gleaming creature with interest.
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

1.2 2/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/07/2010 9:35 PM

There he was, minding his own business, and something practically runs right over him. Lucifer rolled up into a ball and was tempted to lunge at the creature but it was gone before he even got a good look at it. Biting every time he was startled probably wasn't such a good idea.

The creature was gone but it left signs in it's wake that he could follow. Lucifer slithered after the creature as fast as his little snake body could carry him. If there was something strong enough to hold his weight he would have tried to get up higher and see exactly where he was going but since grass would crumble before he got anywhere he had to stay in the dark until he got there.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/07/2010 11:38 PM

Dream flicked her ears and paused, turning around to see where the new noise was coming from. It was obviously the same noise just... continued. She scanned the ground for a moment before she spotted the grass moving slightly to her right. Crouching down she stalked forward silently, her ears pricked. Slithering past her went a... Hisper? She shook her head. It didn't matter highly at the moment. She bounded up behind it, watching its progress interestedly.
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/08/2010 1:36 PM

Photok detected movement out of the corner of his eye. Turning his head, he saw a Dreamsnare Yonyuu eyeing him with curiosity. And what was that hissing sound? Hissing? Using a mental encyclopedia, he concluded that this was a Hisper. But why were they following him?
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/08/2010 1:40 PM

Dream uncoiled from her crouch and smiled tentatively at the shiny creature. She twitched her ears and tail, shuffling her wings, frustrated that she couldn't do more.
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/08/2010 1:56 PM

Hesitantly, Photok decided to ask the Yonyuu if it had seen his quarry. "Hello. Have you seen this pet? He has a rather large bounty on his head." Photok held up a picture of a Cursed Kasuga. "I last heard he was in this area. Have you seen him?"

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

1.3 3/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/08/2010 3:14 PM

Now where did that dang creature go? Lucifer hesitantly uncurled himself and looked around. There was no more movement in the grass that he could see. Great, alone again. His tongue flicked out in annoyance before he heard movement behind him and froze. When he looked he found a yonyuu crouched and looking at him. That was an odd sight to see. he just looked at her for a moment before she stood up and smiled at something he could see.

Quite annoyed, Lucifer slithered over to the yonyuu and started to climb up her leg, onto her back, and then finally on top of her head, completely invading her personal space, to where he could see around. He wasn't really expecting what he saw, though. A beetanke. Now how had he missed that.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 08/08/2010 3:44 PM

Dream shook her head at the beetanke. She jumped and opened her muzzle in a silent yelp as the Hisper slithered up and over her. When she landed she bared her teeth in a snarl and shook herself, trying to dislodge the slithery creature.
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

1.4 4/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/08/2010 3:51 PM

Being shaken was not something Lucifer enjoyed. On instinct he wrapped his tail around the yonyuu's neck and tightened, turning to constriction to save himself. Stop stop stop stop stop...Lucifer thought to the yonyuu. He didn't want to kill the creature, just scare it into submission. Do you want me to bite you?! He mentally yelled.

The beetanke was more likely to help the yonyuu than him so there was no luck there. With all that armor, biting wasn't a big threat to it.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next