A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

@@ I Shall Find You [P, ShadowStitches and I]

Postby Chayden » 12/27/2010 11:35 PM

Eurylochide

There was something of utmost importance that needed to be done.
In times of hardship like these, it was up to the second-in-command Eurylochide to search out and find absolutely anyone who could be of assistance in their bloody, tyrannical cause.
He fluttered his wings halfheartedly, growing weary already. There was no one here! Perhaps they had all finally grown intelligent and left the area...
With a deep sigh, he did an about-face and continued on his search. If there was no one by Bone City, he'd have to go beyond it. The Wispwing concentrated. His ears strained, and his wing strokes grew slower and more firm so as to make less noise for him to have to hear over. If there was someone of note out here in this endless sea of tall grass, they would probably be trying to conceal themselves from view. It would be tragic for him to miss a potential ally because of a simple mistake...

(I know it's awfully short, but I wanted to wait until you got your post in before I really wrote a wall of text~ :3)
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: @@ I Shall Find You [P, ShadowStitches and I]

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/28/2010 7:35 AM

Julian

Xila

(both Human form)

They had been lying arround here for what seemed to be hours to Xila. There had been some, as  Julian put it, 'complications' ... The Job itself was quickly done, but the client suddently decidet that it was a good idea to panic and run away...with the money. Julian already thought that something like this could happen... jobs where low, and their client was not very trustworthy to begin with...but they had little choice. as hard as he tried to deny it, his current situation was not really bright right now. He was good, yes, very much so, but as a freelancer, he currently had little income. The people simply didnt want so many people dead around this time of year it seemed...maybe it was the holiday cheer, that was Xila's assumption.

Xila was with him for one reason. She was very helpfull in case that something went wrong. Normally, in the very unlikely case that he got badly hurt(it only happened twice to him yet), he would drag himself to her flat in the slums and get himself patched up, but now he was on an entirely different continent. He couldnt just walk up to any doctor here, if something really went wrong. Plus, Xila also was a talented poison mixer. She jumped at the first  chance to get away from the slums for some time. Now he almost regretted it that he allowed her to stick with him to get the money...her sheer presence was getting him nervous, not being used to company.

The sharp eyes of Julian locked at a spot about 300 meters away from them, and slowly unscrewed the cap of the lense of his sniper rifle. The Client turned and dashed away as soon as he saw them standing next to his lonely shack, in the middle of the plains, frantically fiereing a handgun at them. Julian decidet to not make a dash after him. he did not know the terrain, and also did not want to put Xila in more danger then she already was. His tactic was to relatively slowy follow him, ducked in the grass, and wait for him to stop. It had been a
cat-mouse play since then, but he finally knew exactly where his target was. Xila threw a nervous look at him, not daring to move. Julian waited a few more seconds, before holding his breath and pulling the trigger. Since the weapon was silenced, there only was a high pitched, buzzing sound when the bullet cut through the grass, followed by a loud, plump 'thud'.

Slowly, almost hesitantly, Julian stood up and walked towards the lifeless figure in the grass in front of him, shortly followed by the young girl. She looked up at him through her almond shaped, slightly asiatic eyes,
and smirked slightly, apparently unfazed by the fact that He just killed someone. "well, lets hope he actually has a little money..." she chirped. Julian looked down at her, before pulling out his sunglasses and putting them on again. "With our luck...no" He was in no good mood, not at all. Something distracted the  Girl, causing her to look up at the distance. "whats wrong?" Julian asked, now kneeling next to the dead client. "I thought I heard...wings?" she muttered, still searching the sky for something. her eyes stuck to a spot in the sky that was slowly approaching them. "Whats that?" she asked. Julian stood up again, tensing up at the sight of the newcomer, but not doing anything. "well, I think we'll find out soon..."

(meeh big post)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate