A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

[Saiken {P}]Storming Skies

Postby SpringsSong » 12/30/2010 7:34 PM

The air was charged, and Bruicaunion could feel the charge in the air brewing.  There was going to be a storm that day, and it was going to be quite the magnificent storm.

The Voltage Carpetfang was flying as close to the ground as he could, sparks of lightning keeping him off of the ground.  If anyone from outside of Evelon would have seen him, then they would have thought he was some sort of Chinese dragon,  but the very fact that he was even floating a few inches off of the ground was something that technically should not have been happening.

I love my ability to fly with the power of electricity, he thought to himself, his tongue flicking out of his mouth every so often as he tried to sense when the storm would come.  All he could tell was that this storm was definitely brewing now, and it wasn't going to just dissipate without doing anything now.  Bruicaunion almost came to an abrupt stop when he saw a farm, concern alighting in his cyan eyes as he landed, quickly taking his human form as he looked at it.

Why is there a farm out here…? he asked himself, taking a few steps closer to it.

[1.2]

{Saiken is the Japanese/Re'klettan term for "bond", or lifemate.}
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [Saiken {P}]Storming Skies

Postby SpringsSong » 12/30/2010 7:36 PM

Yáviel's fur was bristling as she felt the electricity in the air; she knew that there was a storm coming, and she knew that Bruicaunion would doubtless be drawn to it.  after all, Thunder was his domain, but Thunder came after Lightning, and there was going to be plenty of that generated, if her fur standing on end as she moved to go outside to look at her crops.

Before she even bothered setting foot outside, the Wood Slynx rose shakily to her hind paws as she took her human form, green wings sprouting from her back and green hair flowing down her shoulders.  She wrapped her wings around herself to provide a shield from the wind that she saw tossing the plants around before she opened the door hesitantly.

Dear Yeraith… why did you have to say that he and I would fall for one another?  I'm all that more leery to go outside to see if he's even there, Yeraith… why did you have to do this to me? she asked, trying to make sense of all of the visions she'd been having involving the one other member in the Pantheon that she would form a saiken with.  She had not been anticipating a saiken with Bruicaunion; no, she had been hoping for a slightly tamer God rather than him.

Almost as soon as she stepped outside, she tried to go back inside, but knew that she had already been seen—Bruicaunion was slowly approaching the farm; doubtless, he was going to investigate who would have a farm in the Vast Plains.

"Why am I not surprised to see you here?" she asked.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:49 PM

“ I could ask you the same question, Yáviel,” Bruicaunion replied, leaning carefully on the fence as the winged woman approached him.  “You know me and storms, after all; I just seem drawn to them, after all.  It’s only natural, but that doesn’t explain why you have a farm out here, Yáviel—I did not exactly see this place as being the best for growing crops.”

There was a bolt of lightning, followed by a crash of thunder, practically over their heads, and Bruicaunion glanced to Yáviel and the crops, concern etched into his face as he pointed to the crops gingerly.

“Maybe we ought to get those covered up, Yáviel, and get inside,” he said, looking up to the skies.  “I may be the God of Thunder, but even I know when things are too dangerous to be outside.”

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:49 PM

Yáviel could not help but laugh when Bruicaunion said that he had not exactly pegged this area as being the best area for growing crops.  She moved quickly, grabbing a tarp as she pulled it over the various crops, motioning to the door of the house and for Bruicaunion to go inside.

“I’ll explain once I get these covered.  You just get inside,” she said, tying another end of the tarp down as she quickly moved to grab the one last end that was flapping in the wind.  Once she tied this particular corner of the tarp down, and then retreating into her house.

“Now…” she said, relaxing her wings as she went to sit on the couch, extending a hand out to one of the other chairs that was nearby the couch.  “It is true that this particular area is not exactly ideal for growing, but it is ideal for me to put all of the teaching that Eruanna did for me.  Those crops are my first attempt at growing crops in otherwise infertile soil.  They should be ready for harvest tomorrow, if they survive the storm.”

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/01/2011 3:24 AM

Bruicaunion listened to Yáviel talk about how she was putting the knowledge that her Celestial Being had given to her out here with the crops, which made sense.  If she could not make plants grow in the harshest of conditions, then who was to say that she was fit to make them flourish in the ideal conditions?  He could only nod sagely as he listened, sitting down on one of the chairs as he listened to the Goddess of the Harvest talk.

“That actually makes perfect sense, Yáviel,” he said quietly, looking outside as the wind howled violently outside.  “Not only does that make perfect sense, it’s also fairly wise—and I will say nothing more here, for fear of insulting you, and I know that it is unwise to insult a fellow Goddess of the Pantheon,” he said.

He sat there in uncomfortable silence for a few moments, hoping that Yáviel would take the cue and tell him whether or not she had been inspired by Sairahiniel to come out here—though, in retrospect, the deserts of Wilt’no would be just as good as the Vast Plains for this kind of thing.  As he sat in this uncomfortable silence, he could not help but look outside and see the several bolts of lightning that were dancing across the sky.

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Yáviel was truly glad when Bruicaunion said that he would not say anything more for fear of insulting her; she was afraid that he would peg Sairahiniel as the one who gave her the inspiration to come out here to test her powers in raising plants in virtually sterile soil—in all honesty, he would have been right had he asked that.  Yáviel had been planning to go to the Wilt’no Desert originally, but Sairahiniel had advised strongly against it because it would be far too hot and her experiments would only end in vain.

“Sairahiniel did inspire me to come out here to plant the crops, Bruicaunion; though I thank you for not asking if it was her idea originally.  I meant to go to Wilt’no to do this originally, but then Sairahiniel pointed out my one flaw in this plan—it would be far too hot in Wilt’no for the experiments to be effective,” she said, lowering her head slightly as her wings flapped a couple times before settling once more at her back.

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Bruicaunion was grateful that Yáviel was not angry with him for assuming that it was Sairahiniel who had inspired her to plant the crops here, in the Vast Plains.  When she said that she meant to go to Wilt’no originally, but when she explained why she did not, he nodded slowly as he looked back to her.

“I can understand why you would come here rather than go to Wilt’no.  It would be impossible to get anything to grow there, no matter how good you are at making things grow out of nothing,” Bruicaunion said, frowning as he looked away from the other Goddess again, looking outside as he sighed.

“Why’d you choose to live out here, of all the places?”

[1.8]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/01/2011 3:25 AM

“I chose it because it is secluded,” Yáviel said, smiling as she looked away from the other God, trying to hide the blush on her face.  She let down her hair in order to help hide it better, but she was certain that the God would notice her acting slightly odd, but after a few moments, she had neutralized the blush on her face and turned back to face him again.

“You look as though you could use some food, Bruicaunion,” she said, frowning slightly as she moved to pull out some of the food that she had stored around her house.  “You see, one of the advantages to living alone is being able to test new recipes and see how good they are without saying, ‘Well, if I leave them with the food and the come back to find them dead, then obviously something went wrong,’ because you should be able to determine whether or not your food is any good.  If you wouldn’t eat it, then why in the name of the Celestials are you serving it?”

As she asked this, she pulled out a frying pan and began chopping carrots and potatoes fervently—maybe a curry base?

[1.8]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/02/2011 3:04 PM

Bruicaunion gave a slight nod as he listened to what it was that Yáviel was saying.  He knew that she was right; the only way to tell if one’s wares were suitable was to consume some of them yourself, and if you wouldn’t eat the whole plate, then you had no business serving it whatsoever.  He watched as her knife expertly chopped through the carrots and the potatoes.  Almost as soon as he saw her doing this, he stood up and walked over to her.

“Whatever in the world are you making?” he asked, looking at the setup she had.  On the stove was a deep skillet, on the counters were packages of odd-looking cube things as well as some red meat.  After a few moments, he slowly began to piece it together.

“A curry, I’m guessing?” he asked, smiling.

[2.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/02/2011 3:05 PM

“That’s right,” Yáviel said, smiling as she finished chopping a carrot and moved to tend to the meat.  “It’s been a little while since I’ve had company, but Aila, Sairahiniel, and Fortunali all raved over my curry.  Granted, that time, I made it with poultry, and Aila seems to have something against poultry.  She prefers her red meats, so I figured that I would see how it changes the general taste of the curry.”

Yáviel quickly cubed the meat as she prepared the pan as well, putting some of the carrots and potatoes in before she put the meat in, and then putting in water and the cube of whatever-it-was—something for the actual curry.  She stirred it around carefully, making sure to keep the meat moving around.

[2.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate