A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: .:Two Disagreeable Furballs:. (P)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 1:12 AM

Oh, that was it.

Composure be damned. She’d already lost her ability to hold human form due to her anger, but now her overwhelming fury forced her to remain as a rabbit rather than switch back to human and slap the laughter out of him. “I’ll show you menacing you Neanderthal idiot!” she snarled, and proceeded top fly at his face, claws lashing out and scratching with ferocity, trying to make him eat his words. “Get off my property you giant oaf! And take your air-headed, no-brained stupidity with you!” Her words dissolved into a flurry of sharp squeaks and hisses as she repeatedly tried to scratch at his face, neck and any other part she could reach.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 1:25 AM

Even when she had swooped at him, claws flailing, he still didn't stop laughing. Instead, he reached out and tried to wrap his large hands around her sides. Trying to hold her still like anyone would to a flailing animal of her size. Still not being able to hold in his laughter.
"Now now, no need teh get yer fur all balled up." He said, trying to calm her.
His chuckles quieted down to a soft hum as he still thought it was quite funny. He just couldn't get past the whole fact that her anger had turned her into a cute fuzzy rabbit.
It seemed she wasn't going to say it politely to him, and that she wasn't going to calm down less he left. Since she wouldn't calm down, then she would stay this way. He sighed, knowing he should be the better man. Even though she hadn't said it nicely, he still had pushed her over the edge first, and that victory was enough. It was probably the only thing he was going to get.
"If ya calm down, I promise ta leave." He said calmly, he didn't want her to hurt herself.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 1:30 AM

“Why you- How dare you! Let me go! Unhand me you mongrel beast!” The fuzzy rabbit squirmed in his hands, indignant and righteously furious at being held in place like some common animal. How dare he touch her!  She wriggled in vain, trying to get free, but no matter how she squirmed or how hard she fluttered her wings, she couldn’t get out of his grasp. “When I turn back into a human, I’m going to kill you. Lawsuits be damned!” she shouted, and the shout sounded very much like a squeak in her bunny form.

In fact, everything about her had become absolutely adorable, despite the icy glare and the anger burning in her eyes. Her fur puffed up indignantly, and she glared at him. “As if I’d believe a thing you’d have to say to me, you fuzzy haired freak. Unhand me this instant and I’ll make your death quick and painless!” This of course, was still pretty much hilarious; a bunny throwing out death threats. That wasn’t something you saw everyday.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 1:38 AM

"I think et be best if ya turned back to yer human form." He informed her. "Seein' as yer bunneh form is to adorable and hard ta make threatenin', and da only way ta do dat is ta calm down."
Even though he was a 'fuzzy haired freak', he was right. Or at least that's what he thought was right.
"Ya can't be walkin' round here lookin' like dis, so calm down."
He knew she couldn't see it, but he was trying to be a gentleman. He was worried about her, and just wanted to make sure she left here the same way she had came.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 2:01 AM

Eva’s eye twitched. She really didn’t like the way this man assumed things about her. She mentally rolled her eyes, and huffed, folding her little bunny arms over one another in an irritable expression. After a few minutes, she let out a long breath, and in the bunny’s place, a women in a crisp, Armani suit now stood. Of course, his hands still hadn’t removed themselves. She looked at them, where they were placed on her sides, and glowered, clearing her throat meaningfully.

“Kindly remove your grubby paws off of my person, thank you,” she gritted out through clenched teeth. She tugged the hem of her suit down, and brushed off her skirt. “Now, will you remove yourself from my property, or do we have to do the runaround again?” she asked dryly, her voice clipped and icy.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 2:19 AM

He had watched and waited calmly, he wasn't sure how long it would take. He had just given all hope of her ever calming down when she had changed. It had taken him a moment to realize the situation at first.
He looked down, noticing where his hands were. A slight blush across his nose. This was not something a gentleman would do.
"Ehm," he cleared his throat, pulling his hands back, "a promise is a promise."
He turned and walked back to the rock outcropping where his flute sat. Picking it up, he gave her a glance. Then gave her another sly smile and a small wave before he slowly turned away and started off, headed in any random direction. Just as long as he got off of the "property".

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 2:36 AM

Eva observed the man with a dark glower as he removed his hands hastily. Her was a large man, and no doubt, intimidating. Despite how infuriating he was, she knew her employer was always on the lookout for ‘new blood,’ as it was called. This man could be taught some manners, and in no time, he’d make a fine member of their ‘society.’

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “Wait,” she called, her voice losing some of it’s ice, though it maintained it’s edge. “Have you ever thought about investing your…talents into a lucrative enterprise? My employer would be interested in you for your attributes. And if you are interested, I could give you a job.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 2:46 AM

He had stopped once she called after him, like he had anticipated her doing so. Slowly he turned back around as he listened to what she had to say. A job? She was offering him a job? Was she out of her mind? Had he squeezed her to tightly? He wasn't quite sure.
"What kind of a job we talkin' 'bout 'ere?" He asked, walking back up to her slowly. One eyebrow raised in curiosity.
He was in need of a job, but was worried on what it would include. Would he have to go investigate lots and force people to leave them like she had done? If so, then that wasn't something he wanted.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 3:09 AM

Eva carefully tucked her hair back into place, scowling as a small ringlet of chocolate brown escaped and bounced against her forehead. “Oh, it’s nothing really,” she replied flippantly, forcing the errand curl back into it’s proper place in her immaculate bun. “Just some simple grunt work. You see, I am in need of a bodyguard. Not that I am unable to defend myself, as you may very well know, but there are some people who I have some difficult ‘communicating’ with. That would be where you would come in. I also require protection from certain entities that would wish to do me harm. I hold a very high position in my employer’s enterprise, and there are certain parties who are upset about our…ahem, control, over the current market in our…line of work.” She let her arms drop to her sides but placed a hand on her hip, eyes narrowing faintly. “Well?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 3:20 AM

His brow raised higher, she was beating around the bush. She wasn't telling him everything about this "job". There was something that she seemed unable to say. He wondered what it could be.
Then again, the air of mystery made it seem even greater. It sounded like an easy enough job, and cold possible be fun. Though the whole part of him being her bodyguard seemed to sour it a bit. But he was able to but up with her this long, maybe he could do it long enough for a job. Possible she could warm up to him, and actually say polite things to him. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips at the thought.
A hand whipped out towards her, hovering a few inches from her belly. He held it there, waiting for her to reply.
"Sounds good ta me," he replied, "dough ya might need ta go into more detail lateh."
He wanted to know more about this, if he was going to jump head long into it. Especially whatever it was she was trying to keep secret.
"Oh,  I should mention, dere's gonna be someone joinin' with me." He added.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/19/2011 10:09 PM

Eva’s eyebrow rose, and she looked down at his hand. She scoffed, and picked up her briefcase. “I don’t shake hands with people who work for me,” she said offhandedly. She turned and briskly began walked along the field, taking what seemed like a random path until the sight of a very shiny, very black, and very expensive looking sports car appeared over the crest of the hill.

“The only detail you need to know is that you absolutely cannot speak about your job and what it entails to anyone. At all. Am I understood? It is of the utmost importance that your 'guest' understand that they too, are required to keep their mouth shut. I can't be responsible for what happens if neither of you follow this rule.” She pulled a pair of keys from her pocket, and with a click, the door unlocked itself. She pulled open the driver’s side door, and then glared at him over the hood of the car. Get in. We’ll discuss this more on the way.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/19/2011 10:30 PM

He shrugged and pulled his hand back, to each their own. But he had a twinge in the back of his head that said he wasn't going to like her much.
His nose wrinkled up at the sight of the car, he wasn't much for them. He would rather walk, but if he had to do it for the job, then he would suffer not walking for once.
"Et's one of dose kinda jobs." He said lowly to his self, wondering what he had gotten his self into. "Oh, and I can assure ya dat my 'guest', as ya put et, won't say a ting."
A slight smile tugged on the corner of his mouth, he knew she wouldn't. She never said anything to anyone.
She barked for him to join her in the metal death trap, and it took all his strength to get in. Sitting in the seat, he only hoped this trip wouldn't be his last.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/02/2011 2:00 AM

Eva waited until he sat in his seat, yanking her belt over her shoulder and clipping it in. She turned the key, and the engine roared to life, purring more like a tiger than a kitten. It revved once, before she flipped the car around and took off down the dirt road she’d taken to reach her destination, heading back into the city. “There are a few things you’ll need to learn, understand, and agree to before we get this job underway,” she sniffed, her icy eyes focused on the road. “First, you will refer to me as ‘ma’am.’ There is no ‘Evangeline,’ no ‘Eva,’ unless I say so. We are not friends; you are my employee, and as such, I demand respect and complete obedience, and in return, you shall be afforded respect, privilege, and rank by all of your peers and those who work under you, which, as you will find, is a vastly extensive number beyond count.” She cranked the wheel and the car roared down another road, this one paved as it headed inwards towards the big city.

“While I can’t do anything about the way you talk-” she continued, pursing her lips in faint annoyance. “-I can do something about the way you dress. You will be expected to dress in a suit. No ‘ifs, ands or buts’ about it. You must look presentable at all times, regardless of where we are stationed, or where we are sent. My employers don’t take kindly to a lack of personal etiquette and hygiene, so you will dress and act accordingly. Do not speak, unless spoken to. Keep your opinions to yourself. Never, and I repeat, never question any orders given. You will receive those from me, and me alone. Do I make myself clear?” The car roared down the streets, which more and more cars seemed to appear on.

“As for your associate…He or she will be required to follow the same rules. No speaking out of turn, dress accordingly, follow orders, etcetera. I expect your guest will not cause any problems, and if both of you are able to comply with these simple demands, you will be taken care of. I will provide housing, money, clothes, transportation; anything you need, you ask me, and I shall provide it, for both yourself and your associate.” She glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes, the icy glint of her blue gaze piercing him only briefly before it flickered back to the road. She weaved expertly through traffic, until she came to a very expensive looking building. The glass was blackened, and it reached nearly one hundred stories up. It looked like a very fancy business office, but her next words told a different story.

“This is my condo,” she stated off-handedly, grabbing her briefcase and opening the door. She stepped out, smoothing her skirt down her long legs and patting her hair to be sure it was still prim and proper. “You and your associate will live here. My penthouse is at the top; your suite will be on the floor below mine. Anyone who wishes to speak to me, must go through you first. I will brief you on the ins and outs of who to trust and who not to trust, and you will learn when it is acceptable, and who is acceptable to let pass.” She turned and regarded him coldly, quirking one finely crafted eyebrow as if to ask what was taking him so long. “Come along,” she prompted, turning and sauntering towards the doors where a very meticulous and very intimidating looking doorman had already opened the door for her. “We still have much to discuss.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/02/2011 2:41 AM

The first thing that greeted him when he had climbed into the metal contraption was the smell. The only way to explain it was that it smelt like a new car, like plastic and leather. His nose wrinkled up as he tried to bare it.
She quickly started the engine and immediately took off, causing Stotch to rush and whip the seat belt on. A sigh escaping him as he felt just a little safer now that it was on. But he still worried about what might happen inside this evil thing.
She didn't take long after the car had started moving to start talking, and it seemed she had a lot to say. He nodded as he listened to everything she had to say. Also adding a small "Yes ma'am." at the end of some of her sentences.

A light growl rumbled through his throat as she mentioned his clothing and how it was 'unpresentable'. Plus the thought of having to wear a suit didn't 'suit' him that well. He liked his laid back way of dressing, not to mention the necklace around his throat. He gripped it lightly, running a finger around the jewel, making sure it was still there.
She mentioned that she would provide him everything he would need, and a slight smirk played on his face. His worries for his companion and her well being were over. And a light sigh escaped him as the worry was extinguished from his mind.

She had stopped, the building the vehicle was parked by was something he never normally seen. He was used to small, broke down homes and abandoned streets. To be approaching something like this was totally new to him, and it would be a lie if he said he wasn't a bit nervous.
They were going to live here? The question ran through his head, he had never thought that he would even step into such a place. Let alone live in one. His mouth was gaped open as he looked straight up to the top.
She called for him to follow, and he snapped back to reality. Looking to her he nodded and quickened his pace to keep up.
"Will I be able ta move all me tings 'ere?" He asked, a bit worried he would have to replace everything.
He had a slight feeling she would deem all his things as "dirty" or "not worth to be in such a home". The thought caused a bit of worry for him, seeing as all the things he owned had meaning to both him and his friend.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/02/2011 3:44 AM

((Phew. It's been ages since I RPed. Sorry bout the novel posts XD I just luff these two <33))

Eva tried not to roll her eyes when she turned and saw his open-mouthed gape. But she lost to the urge, and sighed. “Hurry up,” she snapped impatiently, stepping through the door. The doorman bowed his head slightly to her, and cast the man behind her a suspicious look. “Evening, ma’am,” the doorman intoned in his deep voice. “Just one guest tonight, ma‘am?” Eva paused briefly, and gave him a curt nod. “Yes, Emile. Only one. No one else is to enter the building unless they have been cleared previously.” The man bowed his head again, sweeping his hat from his head elegantly. “Of course, ma’am. Consider it done.” Eva stepped through the doors and through the plush lobby, her heels clicking loudly on the perfectly polished floor. The outside may have been business-like, but the inside was more like a five star hotel, with an art deco ceiling, chandeliers, red carpets, and beautifully intricate masonry carved into the walls, stairs, and concierge desk.

Behind the desk, a very stately looking young man sat. When he saw Eva’s approach, he immediately scrambled around the desk to greet her by sweeping his hat from his head and pacing along beside her. He cast a glance to the man following her as if wondering why he was here. “Good evening, ma’am. Will you be needing anything tonight?” Eva paused to consider, then turned to the concierge. “Yes, of course. Have the cook send dinner up to my private rooms. Two plates, if you please. I want them promptly at eight o’clock.” The young man nodded. “Yes, ma’am. Anything else, ma’am?” Eva shook her head, seemingly unperturbed by the multitude of questions she was forced to answer upon her arrival. “That will be all.” She turned and beckoned for him to follow her, before she stepped down a half and into a waiting elevator. “Get in,” she snapped, her eyes glowing fiercely.

“I don’t believe I ever got your name. How forgetful of me. If you are going to be in my employ, then I suppose I must know your name.” She seemed faintly put-out, as though it was an inconvenience. “I will also require the name of your associate. And a list of anything you will need.” She cast him a faintly distasteful glance, and then blew out a quick breath that might have been a sigh if it was any slower. “I suppose you may move your things here. Just don’t bring anything…improper. Understood?” She cast a glance to the necklace around his neck; she’d caught his worried look in the car, and the way his hand instantly went to the pendant around his neck. “You are free to wear that…thing,” she said, waving her hand dismissively. “Just keep it out of sight when you are on call.” She raised a delicate brow, pursing her pink lips, and turned her head to regard him fully. “I require information about your colleague. Gender, name, profession, past. Whatever you can give me, you give me. I also require information about you. Mostly the same thing. That, and I am curious to know what sort of jobs-” here she paused, and snorted faintly. “-if any, you held in the past. Your experience. Etcetera, etcetera.”

She waved a hand as the elevator finally ‘dinged,’ at the top floor. The doors slid open, and she stepped into a long, expensively decorated hallway. “Follow me,” she ordered, walking briskly down the hall until she reached intricately carved double doors. "These are my private quarters. Very few people are allowed up here; you, and possibly your associate, will be two of them. You are not to enter these rooms if I am not here.” She pushed open the doors, and stepped inside. The penthouse was decorated with expensive, Victorian like furniture. A soft glow from a few expensive looking lamps and a chandelier above them lit the room. There was a darkened hallway, which led to the bedroom and other rooms, but she didn’t bother to explain them. The kitchen was modern, well-stocked, and clean. There was a large fireplace and television above it, and the room was encased in giant windows instead of walls facing out across the bright, sparkling lights of the city. Eva walked over to a table, placing her briefcase on top of it.

“I will be back in a moment. Make yourself comfortable,” she intoned, before she disappeared down the darkened hallway. When she returned, she was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a black spaghetti strap, and bare feet. She looked a whole lot less business-like, but no less intimidating as she sat down in a chair, leaning back casually. It was clear that her clothes still probably cost more than a month’s worth of food for the average person, however, as she crossed her legs in front of her. “Now, speak,” she commanded, frowning at him from across the table.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext