A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: .:Two Disagreeable Furballs:. (P)

Postby HunnyBun » 07/02/2011 5:29 AM

He had just snapped his jaw shut from his scene of gaping up at the building only to open it wide once he stepped through the doors. The scene was like nothing he had ever seen before, and he almost thought he was dreaming. He couldn't stop his self from examining the whole room, his head jerking from one side to the other.
His attention to the room was pulled only for a moment when he heard them talking about food. Did she say "two" plates? She did! He was going to get free food? And good food for that? He had never heard such a thing. Maybe this job was the best thing that happened to him and his friend.
The elevator door opened and she commanded for him to join her. He didn't hesitate, only flinching when she had called to him before jumping in. As the two stood there, waiting to reach the floor they were heading for, he decided to ask one quick question.
"Do I 'ave ta add 'ma'am' to da end of every sentence?" He asked, not liking the sound of it.

There was a ding before she could add anything, and the two walked out. She continued to talk the whole way to her room. Seeming to not pause long enough for him to answer, so he just listened and nodded.
She led him to the end of the hall, to a large room. Her room, as she put it. He looked around, once again amazed at what he saw. The one thing that really amazed him was the fact that the walls were giant glass windows. He could see everything that surrounded the outside of the building, a view he had never had before.
But his attention was pulled when she had returned from the back room, in a different outfit. He gave one glance to her then quickly looked away. Feeling that what she wore was to little, and being a gentleman by not looking.
"I tink yer outfits a bit...showin'. dun ya tink?" He asked, not caring how she answered.
It was the truth, he just had to say it. And since she was wearing it, he couldn't look at her, at least, not fully at her. He turned back to her, not wanting to talk without looking at her. But he only focused on the top of her head.
She had sat down at the table, so he followed and sat across from her. She wanted him to answer all the things she had asked before, when she was talking so much he couldn't squeeze a word in. He took a deep breath, hoping he had remembered everything.
"Well, ta start. Da names Stotch, and me past professions are a 'andful of odd jobs I did fer people in da slums." He explained. "And my companion is Moo-" He stopped, he was the only one that called her that. "Ehm, my companion's name is March, she 'asn't 'ad a job."
He looked away, his eyes had started to drift onto her clothing.
"Em, but our past is a short story. I was livin' a life goin' from one bar to another before I met 'er. She changed my life and we 'ave been barely making it by since." He explained. "Is dere anyting else ya need ta know?"

(Hope this post isn't confusing, I don't know why but I feel like it might be confusing XD)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: .:Two Disagreeable Furballs:. (P)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/03/2011 3:28 AM

((…Finally finished her pic…After two computer shutdowns and losing it twice. -____- It came out a bit more risqué than I intended; I worked off a Rangiku base…and she’s risqué as it is. XD But I think it fits her? Click))

Evangeline managed not to sigh as she rolled her eyes this time. “Oh spare me,” she snapped, leaning back into the soft cushions with an elegant air. “It’s a tank top and some pants. What? Would you rather I wore my nightgown?” She quirked an elegant eyebrow. “That is what I usually wear about this time of night, after all. So if you’re uncomfortable with me wearing these perfectly normal clothes, I can certainly change into my normal evening attire.” She snorted, and lifted herself from the cushions, padding quietly towards the kitchen, where she pulled out two very expensive bottles of what looked like sparkling water. She grabbed two champagne flutes, and padded back over, setting them on the table and pouring her own glass. She dropped primly back into her chair, leaning back into the cushions and sipping the water. She inclined her head for him to do the same.

“A female companion?” she asked curiously, and the ice seemed to be gone from her voice in favor of her intrigu and slight surprisee. “Interesting. And is she your ward? Or perhaps, something more?” She narrowed her eyes slightly in curiosity, but quickly moved on.  “There is nothing else I am interested in knowing, not at the moment at least, except for what you two will require. You have your rooms, and transportation whenever you need it. But I need to know what else you need.” She paused thoughtfully. “And when your companion will be arriving, of course. She could prove useful, if she’d like a job. I am in need a personal assistant; handling all of my own business can be so tedious sometimes.” She crossed her legs and took a sip of her water, regarding him over the rim of the crystal champagne flute.

“I am curious to know what you think of your current situation. From the expressions on your face earlier, I imagine you’re somewhat…startled by your good fortune?” She cleared her throat. “Regardless, I believe we should be going over what it is exactly you’ll be doing, now that we are away from prying ears and eyes. Now…I explained that you would be a ‘bodyguard’ of sorts. I suppose that’s true, in a sense. You will guard my life at all costs. The nature of my business can sometimes be less than legitimate. And before we go any further, I must ask you if you intent to truly accept this proposal. If you do not, then I am afraid you will be asked to leave immediately. If you intend to accept however…well, we’ll go from there.” her smile was cold, calculating as she watched him icily from across the table, waiting patiently for his decision.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Previous