A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Hunting grounds (P, SkyWolf and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/08/2011 6:31 PM

Corey

Sharp, icey blue eyes fixed on his prey, a wombear, the black Gyrraptor was standing completely motionless in the tall grass, carefully calculating the distance between the two. Corey had not really eaten for days, the last few little rodents he caught he gave to his sister for the most part, since she again had that darned cough and was pretty weak, needing it a lot lore then him. Still, he could feel that he really would have to catch either that or the next meal, or be in serious trouble.But lady luck was not on his side. Just when he was about to jump at the creature, the wind turned, and the wombear instantly lifted its head alarmed, before it rushed of.Corey cursed, before running after the little creature, but he already knew the hunt was over before it really started. Right before he had a chance to grab it, it escaped into one of its many tunnels, leaving Corey screeching out his frustration, and stopping short. he made a half heartedly effort to dig it out, but soon stopped, breathing heavily. He slowly became desperate. he and Mera only where passing through the plains, in search for better hunting grounds. Here however, they had pretty bad luck untill now.
Suddently, his head snapped up. He was pretty sure he heard something, something rustling in the tall grass, and definetively bigger then a wombear. He couldnt smell anything however, since the wind was still blowing into the wrong direction. Corey gave out a low, rumbling growl as a warning, his head and neck feathers standing up slightly.

(better matching title coming tomorrow, I have some issues coming up with those lately)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Hunting grounds (P, SkyWolf and I)

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/13/2011 4:40 PM

More rustling came from a particular patch of grass a little ways off and then again a bit closer.  Whatever it was, it was moving and coming closer to the Gyrraptor.  It was quiet for a few seconds, then suddenly a young Kitrell bounded from the cover of the grass and towards the Gyrraptor.
There was a smile plastered on her face as she bounced happily at the sight of the reptile.  "Leader Leader, I found you!  I found ... you?  Oops!"  Her smiled faded quickly as she realized that the Gyrraptor that stood in front of her was not her Leader.  And it didn't look to happy either.  Yikes!  She quickly jumped back and flapped her wings in surprise.  In moments, she was in the air, zipping around close to the ground frantically.  "Not Leader, whoops!  I'm sorry!  I heard a screech and I thought you might be my friend!"  Her face looked a bit worried as she flapped around with small whimpers.  "Oh oh, you haven't maybe seen him have you?  He's a Gyrraptor too!"  

As friendly as Aysel was, perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to go right up to strange Gyrraptors.  Especially those that looked ... hungry...

[16]

[Sorry for the wait.  Dx  And Leader will make an appearance in the next post.  xP]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/13/2011 5:04 PM

(dont worry^^its okay)
Corey stepped a little back in surprise when the Kitrell appeared pretty much directly in front of his nose, blinking irritated. He watched the facial expression of the little one change, and tried to look a little less threatening,to lure it into a false sense of safety.He saw an upertunity  "Now now, don't panic, calm down." he said, following the eratic flight of the Kitrell with his hungry eyes. If it would just stay still for a second. "No I'm not that uh...Leader you are talking about.Have not seen him either" He almost got dizzy of all the fluttering  "But I'm sure he is close by...
I could help you search, if you want"
he offered with a sly smile, the muskles of his hind legs tensed for a lunge forward. He was a little worried about the friend of that Kitrell, but if he was fast enough, he would catch it and be off with it before that other guy would even know that something had gone wrong.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/16/2011 9:24 PM

Aysel did a twirl in the air then started flying circles around the Gyrraptor happily.  "Oh really really?!  You will?!  Yay yay yay, thank you!" , she chirped.  Anyone could easily gather that this Kitrell was a little hyperactive from just a few minutes of knowing her.  Perhaps that was a good thing though.  Well ... for her.  Where her smarts lacked, her manuevering was keen.  

Before long, she'd zipped up above to scout the tall grasses in the many different directions. "Now I know he was close by.  But I lost him when I started following this pretty flying grasshopper.  You should have seen it!  It was so big!  And green!", she chattered on.

Suddenly, a growl errupted from seemingly out of nowhere.  In a flash, a large male Gyrraptor had flown onto the scene and nearly charged right into the other Gyrraptor.  However, he'd stopped a few feet short, a nasty snarl directed towards the other male as his feathers became ruffled.  Whoever this new Gyrraptor was, he looked simply ferocious!

[17] ~ [11]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/17/2011 6:31 PM

Corey slowly grew slightly annoyed by all the chattering and fluttering, but smelled his chance when the Kitrell
flew up a few feet to search from up there. Sure she was high up there, but he on the other hand was a verygood jumper. And her flight was at least a little bit less confusing then before. Before he could lounge however, an
other Gyrraptor showed up on the scene, almost crashing into him. Corey was a little baffeled by its sudden appereance, but almost instantly hissed and pumped his chest up, making it obvious that he was not afraid of him, and not about to back away. that must have been that other Gyrrapotr the Kitrell chirped about earlier.
The sharp sickle claws on his feet twitched, when he even took a challenging step towards Leader, growling loudly. This all could have endet in quite the nasty fight, if it wasnt for yet an other Gyrraptor who emerged
on the scene, almost soundless coming towards them.

The Female looked almost identical to Corey, tho she was much skinnier and a little younger. plus her eyes where an other shade of Blue. right now, she looked extremely concerned, even upset, like she was not exactly shure on what to do. When Corey spotted her, his eyes seemed to soften a tad, tho looking fearfull at the same time. "Mera, stay out of this" he hissed, while trying to keep an eye on leader. his sister stood where she was tho, tilting her head, and looking at him diasaproavingly. The male seemed to slowly loose his fighting spirit, too afraid that his sister might could get hurt. "I said go" he started an other attempt, but she did not even think on listening to him, looking at Leader instead.

Corey hesistated, before retreating into a position that was not abject, but obviously not as threatening as before. He was not happy with how these events unfolded, but he was too concerned for his sister to risk a fight now. "now, lets just calm down...there seems to be a sort of misunderstanding" he said, sounding not too convincing.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 08/21/2011 4:37 PM

Aysel was going crazy up above at the scene unfolding below her.  "Leader Leader!  No no, wait!  They aren't dangerous!", the small Kitrell cried desperately.  However, Leader wasn't quite so naive as his tiny friend.  He could tell the ill intentions of the male Gyrraptor just by reading his face.  He let out a threatening screech of a bark as yet another, almost identical, Gyrraptor rushed onto the scene.  This one didn't look as threatening as it's partner, but Leader still didn't like the 2 on 1 odds.

Taking a few seconds to look to Aysel, he tossed his head back in a gesturing motion.  "Aysel!  Get back!"  But the Kitrell instead flew down to their level, tugging on the male's tail frantically in an attempt to get him to back down.  Frustrated by it all, Leader flicked his tail irritably.  "Aysel!"  Luckily, though, it seemed the opposing male had been having similar trouble as well, and had backed down for the moment.

Unpersuaded by Corey's words, Leader held his stance.  His eyes flicked over to the female, who seemed to be staring at him weirdly.  His eyes shifted back to the male with a glare. "Misunderstanding?  Ha!  Don't make me laugh.  I saw that hungry look in your eyes." , he said with an angry hiss.

[18] ~ [12]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/04/2011 5:57 PM

(soooo sorry for the late reply, I'm in the middle of exams right now...that is, on thursday is the last big presentation thing, after that, we are free again...untill then however, I'm afraid I wont be on again at all.)

Mera carefully stepped an other step closer to the three of them, her eyes wandering between her Brother and the other male, her head lowering slightly in a soothing but anxious manner, as if she was deadly afraid that they might actually would begin to fight eachother. Her eyes then fixed on the little kitrell, the look on her face emidiatly became more curious then afraid, and not really hungry. she carfuly tilted her head, a shy smile flickering over her features.

Corey squinted his eyes angrily at the respond of Leader, but held down his temper. instead, he tried to soothe him further. If it was not for Mera, he surely already would be in a firece battle with that guy...who the hell did he think he was anyway? "Look. We really dont want any trouble. I dont care what you think my intentions where, but no harm, no foul I guess" his tone was much more convincing, that was before he couldnt bite his tounge, and an small angry "So whats the big deal" slipped out

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/05/2011 4:40 PM

(( Ack!  D:  I nearly forgot all about this!  *shameshameshame*  Terribly sorry!  > o< ))

Aysel darted back and forth behind her large companion before heaving a sigh of frustration.  "Leader really!  They are nice!  Well, I haven't seen that one before yet... oh~   Hello!" she chirped happily to the female that was staring at her.  Fluttering a bit closer to the new Gyrraptor, the little Kitrell flashed an ear to ear grin in greetings.  "Hi!  I'm Aysel!"

Leader rolled his eyes at Aysel.  He was certain she'd wind up eatten one of these days just by being her.  But his focus wasn't lost for long as he resumed to stare down the male when it spoke up.  "Oh really?" he started with a snarl.  "I would consider it a big deal when someone's trying to eat Aysel.  How would you like it if someone tried eatting her?"  With his stance lightly lifting into a less defensive position, he flicked his snout over towards Mera. He had to admit though, at least she wasn't looking at Aysel like she was an appetizer - he'd give her that.  

But eventually, his curiousity seeped through his toughened expression.  "What are a scrawny pair like you two doing out here, anyways?"  Okay, maybe that was a dumb question.  Obviously they were hunting for a decent meal.  The plains didn't exactly have a 5 course meal selection to choose from, though... or atleast not that he'd seen in many miles.  They wouldn't have much luck out here at all.

[19] ~ [13]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/11/2011 3:39 PM

(dont worry, I'm quite stressed out at the moment anyway, so its all good :3)

Corey snorted slightly at the question of Leader, his eyes sparkling angrily. However, his fighting spirit seemed to be dulled down to a minimum, and the other Gyrraptor did not look as wild to battle him anymore either. "Wont happen, I can promise you that" he growled.
His eyes wandered over to Aysel and his sister, giving Mera a short look as if trying to search for aprovement for something, before  answering for her "She's called Mera. She...does not talk" he said briefly, not wanting to go into details...mainly because neither he nor anyone despite Mera herself knew if she really was not able to speak, or if she - preferred not to."My name's Corey, by the way"

Corey decidet to overhear the 'scrawny' remark, tho his feathers ruffeled slightly in anger, before answering.
"We're just passing through really. Our old hunting grounds where not that grand anymore, plus there was an Serraptor pack that got quite annoying. So, we're searching for a new place to stay."

Mera meanwhile tilted her head from one side to another, smiling happily at the Kitrell and giving out a playfull whistle, obviously liking the small mammal.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 11/15/2011 1:38 AM

The Vast Plains had always been a place of life, and for larger predators, places of life meant places of food. Therefore in that sense, the weaker wildlife had learnt how to evade predators and learnt to fear noise in all it's forms.

During the earlier scuffle, the resulting noise had sent any animal in the vicinity with any sense of sound or danger, scurrying away to find safer ground.
It seemed, that however on one rock closest to the Winter Kitrell and Temple Gyrraptor a Wombear had gotten caught and had ripped out a Fur Patch in it's fear and desire to run.

((Congrats SkyWolf although you were not looking for it, you have successfully found a Wombear. You will find it in your inbox shortly. Sorry to intrude on your RP but. I was running out of options and I want to still keep some sort of image out there.))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/23/2011 9:14 PM

(( Random Wombear!~  :0  You do live up to your name, RE2.  xD  Thank you for the catch!~  ^ v^  <3 ))

"Oh?" Leader mused at mention of the female.  He gave Mera a questioning look but decided against pressing the matter further.  However, Aysel was quick to jump on the topic.  "You don't talk!?" she gasped, "That's awful!  But but but!"  Leader rolled his eyes.  If only someone he knew didn't speak.  "Aysel, shhh."  The kitrell slouched at the abrupt shushing and flashed the Gyrraptor a pitiful face before resuming to zip around Mera playfully.  

"A Serraptor pack?  Out here?"  That was certainly news to Leader.  He came out here ever so often and had never caught sight nor scent of any Serraptors around.  Or even other Gyrraptors either, well, that was, until today.  He wondered how far away their territory was so he could make it a note to avoid them.  With Aysel always with him these days, he had to be careful just who he ran into.  Obviously the Kitrell was a little too naive to be trusted to go out alone.  

"Well, if you two are looking for good hunting grounds..." he paused, hesistant, glancing over at his companion before continuing.  "I know a good hunting grounds where there is plenty of wildlife.  There's not much around here except Wombear but a little further east would prove more fruitful.", he said softly so Aysel would not hear.  Aysel was a fragile creature who didn't approve of hurting other life, as it where.  Because of that, Leader hadn't treated himself to a good ol' fashioned hunt in quite a while.  But that didn't mean he couldn't help the strangers out, even if he was still fairly suspicious of them.  He was a Gyrraptor after all and even with doubts, he still felt a bit sorry for these two younger Gyrraptor.  

[20] ~ [14]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/01/2011 4:50 PM

Mera shook her head slightly at Aysel's question, but smiled while doing so. She seemed to be perfectly
content to not be able to communicate the way the others did. She often got pitied, but she actually did not really mind anymore...at least it seemed that way. She crouched down in a playfull manner, her tail twitching slightly like that of a cat, watching Aysel zipping around her, obviously wanting to play with her. she seemed much younger or...generally less bitter and hardened then her brother.

Corey had to smile slightly at the sight, before looking back at Leader. "yes, they only recently moved here. a little way to the west, maybe...dont know, about 6 kilometers from here I think." he shrugged slightly.
"Bullying idiots...a shame that they are so big."
His eyes lit up slightly at the tip of the other Gyrraptor. Honestly, he would have walked into an other direction
if it wasnt for Leader's words. "Thanks a lot. and uhm...sorry about the little...you know" he looked over at the little Kitrell. This was one of the few times Corey was actually apologizing, heck, even be not agressive towards strangers. okay he was at first, but still, he showed a very ildly behavior for his standarts.
"If you dont mind me asking...what exactly are you and you'r little friend doing out here? is this your territory?"

(sorry for being late :()

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/01/2012 2:21 PM

(( Totally fine - I'm late responding too  xD;; Sorry  D: ))

Aysel seemed to purr in delight that she had found a playmate and did a small flip above the Gyrraptor before dropping to the ground to mimic Mera's behavior.  "Hey hey, you wanna play?  We could play tag!  Or hide and seek!"  The little Kitrell giggled playfully with a hopeful spark in her eye.  She was quite content occupying herself with Mera to let the boys talk amongst themselves.

Her action did not go unnoticed as Leader kept a watchful eye over his shoulder.  It stroked his protective nature and he tensed a bit, but decided to let them be for now.  And with this new news now, it didn't help ease him at all.  'That's not too terribly far away...', he thought anxiously.

But when Corey seemed genuine in his apology and thanks, it did seemed to ease the older Gyrraptor's mind a bit and lessen his suspicions of the pair.  Turning and motioning in the appointed direction with a flick of his muzzle, he attempted to come off more friendly than he had been.  "It's this way if you want to head on now.  And it's .. fine.  No harm done, I suppose.  Aysel seems to have taken a liking to your friend so it seems okay.~", he said light heartedly.  With Corey's question, however, he wondered if he should put on a bluff regarding territory and boundaries.  He didn't really want to lie to them if they turned out to be cool with them but at the same time ...  He never liked to appear weak towards others.  Establishing a rank and claiming territory was important to him and he just now realized that ... he had neither.  "Well ... we come out here ever so often.  It's close to where we live so we frequent this area quite a bit.  So yeah I guess you could call it that, though there is no clear boundaries really..."  It wasn't really a lie, right?  "Life has been quiet for me as of lately so I come out here to keep Aysel and myself entertained."

[21] ~ [15]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate