A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Take A Chill Pill [E][Private][TF2]

Postby Moofius » 02/05/2012 7:10 PM

"The same one would prolly turn us intuh even MORE freaks!" Not that Scout had any sort of background in medicine to back up that statement or idea. He didn't have much of a background in anything beyond being really really fast.
"Oh my God you shaggy furry FUCK!" Scout yelled, bristling again, "I'm not a... whatever! Fuck you! I was apologizing! Bunnies lick! It wasn't me, fuck you!?"

Scout didn't sound as convincing as he probably should as he started to hop in his lopsided fashion, trying-to-walk-like-he-had-two-legs fashion. He didn't know what to say to their weirdo bird. It seemed to have a bad mood like the peg legged thing but he was quieter and less snotty when he did talk (or more, his accent was hard to really... interpret).

As they walked, Scout trying to keep up with the group (of the lot he was the smallest and so had the shortest legs), he considered what Engie had said. Spies were hard to find. If a Spy wanted to be found, he would instead make it look he had found you. Seriously they were slimey, good for nothing awful awful people. And the one they were looking for was a master of disguise. Hell, any one of these jokers could be that Spy. Hell, Engie could be that Spy! It seemed a little odd that he would say such good things about the Spy. None of them could be 100% sure of the others identity since they were all freaky animal things now. Scout didn't exactly look like himself.

The Spy Hall was only slightly less chaotic with the animal creatures as people attempted to relearn how to walk and talk and what they could do and what to be aware of. On the way to the Spy hall Scot was really starting to grasp how to hop, now pushing off the ground with both feet as he should. Keeping up with the group was considerably easier, even if he did sometimes push off the ground to hard and roll forward, ass over kettle. As they came to a stop at the head of the hall Scout did just that, landing with a thump against Engie's side.

"Ow, fuck... Yeah... Okay so maybe this won't work... Uh... Soldiers are sometimes in contact with Admin, yeah?" Scout asked, sounding a bit more desperate, "Seriously they know when stuff is going on, like when we have missions and crap... Maybe... Yeah, Maybe they know a bit?"
The last group he wanted to visit was the Medic’s. Hell he’d rather talk to a pyro and those guys didn’t even talk real words so far as Scout could tell.

----------

This Sniper was snarky but afraid of him. Since the Sniper was bigger than him and significantly more powerful at the moment, Red was happy with the situation as it was, or happy enough. If he could lose the snark Red would find that ideal but for now this would do. He would never forget the snark, or the Sniper, but he would let it slide until he had the upper hand again. Hell, for all he knew he may very well have the upper hand. The stinger on the end of his tail had not gone unnoticed after all, he just couldn’t be sure of its effects, if any. It could be more of a combination bludgeoning tool and stabbing weapon, or the round part could harbour some sort of venom or toxin. Even if he knew that to be a certain truth he could not know for sure the potency of it until he experimented with it a bit. Perhaps while he was at the clinic he would ask about any lab rats they might have. It could be worth the time to pick up a few and conduct some... experiments.
That or he could pick up members from BLU but really that was more of a pain than a solution at the moment.

“I wouldn’t want you dealing with anyone, Blue,” Red snorted as he comtemplated smoking a cigarette. Weren’t animals lungs more sensitive to abuse? He would hate to accidently kill himself but he lit up for less stressful situations than this. Well for now he would try and keep himself in check. Maybe today would be a good day to quit, “you’re not a stupid man but you have the elegance and the zubtlety of... hmm, well a giant raptor with a too-tall ‘orn protruding from itz face. Maybe it zuits you more than you know.”

Red chuckled while side stepping some... weird creature that looked like... Well no Red wasn’t even going to begin to describe its too-long arm and too-short legs and rocky growths. They were at the Clinic now, as suspected their were quite a few creatures in there. Red didn’t stop at the doors though. Instead he walked right past the clinic and around the corner where there was a door. The door had been meant for emergency exits but it was also used to pass out painkillers and other drugs, with and without prescription.

“Un moment.” The French phrase close enough to the English one as he asked for a moment. He tried the door handle, already knowing it was locked but even so... You can’t know unless you truly know for sure. His left hand balled into a fist which the other hand grabbed. He pulled his bent arm back and threw his elbow against the window of the door. Red had expected it to take a few hits but had not considered the jagged, rock hard growths on his elbows. Well wasn’t that just a wonderful adaptation. It seemed that whatever this creature was it had been made for B&Es; it had been made for Red.

Looking into the room he discovered that he also had superb night vision, the dark room beyond the window looking quite lit up for having all the lights off. Red did not see anything too obviously distressing so he reached in through the window and opened the locked door from the inside. The door squeaked a little but otherwise opened easily, letting Red enter the Clinic without having to go through the messy scene out front.
“Now Miseur Bull-In-A-China-Shop,” Red started, looking over his shoulder at the Sniper, “Watch where you zwing zhat ‘ead and tail of yours. I don’t want to ‘ear any “mind of it’s own” crap. It iz your body and you control it.”

Red moved forward through the room which consisted of tight aisles which were packed tightly with drugs. Red knew that, past the aisle, many medical files were stored in a little office. These weren’t the individual files of the mercenaries here, but they contained wider data on the health of RED overall, plus new technologies, research, and experiments. This wasn’t the first time RED had tested drugs on people, it was just the first time that they were so blatant about it.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Re: Take A Chill Pill [E][Private][TF2]

Postby Redd » 02/16/2012 1:03 AM

Mikhail had finally mastered walking on his little wooden silt legs. Almost well enough, that he considered himself to be pretty damn good at silt performance if he ever had to try that as a human. It was a little belittling to have to either run a hand along the wall for balance or (with extreme reluctance) to place a hand on the Spy's furry back for balance.

It would have been so bad if the Spy was also having issues with his gait, or if he wasn't enjoying the Sniper's weakness so much. The tell-tale tail waving was enough to piss Mikhail off beyond belief. He worked with tracking dogs up in the mountains before joining BLU. He knew dog behaviours.
Even the Engineer-Crane had no issues walking, and he even did so elegantly. It was bizaare to think about how not yesterday that tall, elegant bird had been a squat little Japanese man.

'But, you are zhe eh... 'bunny' are you not?' Mikhail smirked (as much as he could) back at the Diosol. 'You better watch out Scout. You might be more animal zhan 'uman by zhe end of zis.' Why not take his agitation out on the Scout? It seemed like the little rabbit had more issues than anyone put together. 'Oh come on. You're jus' making zhe whole process harder zhan zhis already is.'

Bastian flicked his head around this way and that, trying to conjure up a face for each door in the corridor. Though, while it would have worked for any other corridor (except the Pyro's when they were outfitted), the Spy's usually never took off their face masks, and while he could have committed each Spy's face structure to memory, it was not worth it. They lost too many people to try that.
'Again, I am zorry zat I am no 'elp.' Bastian replied. 'Az... 'opeful az you zound, I don't think zhat ze Zoldiers will be a lot of 'elp. Zhey just co-ordinate us. I don't think zat zhose 'alf brains would know a zhing. No offense to Zoldiers but.'

Bastian rolled his eyes at Mikhail and focused his attention on the Engineer, who he had labelled as the decision-maker and current leader of the group.
'I would s'ink zat a Medic would be ze obvious option. As undesirable as it sounds. Ze Medics would 'ave information on ze pills maybe, under file. And I am sure zat zere iz at least one Medic who isn't well.. eh. Ze typical madman?'

- - -
Blue followed the Spy down the corridor, adjusting to the gait that his new form had acquired. It was sort of odd and faltering at just a normal walking pace, though he could tell, that if he picked up speed at all it would dissolve into a smooth running gait. Something - he begrudgingly decided - to try and get used to sometime. He wracked his brains for more information on Raptors, and whatever movies had told him. Raptors.. could jump, or leap pretty long distances, and do terrific damage with their claws - if the movie was to be believed as fact (which he was going to do for now). Though, he'd have to factor in how to use this great big dirty horn as a feasible weapon too.
Fuck this bullshit, he would master this form - the moment he got away from this creepy spy.
Not that he was afraid, no, not at all. Red... and the other other Spies (but this spy in particular), had a certain air about them. The kind of air that told one that it would be unwise to 'fuck with this bloke's business' on account of losing one's limbs at least.

Blue's eyes narrowed at the comment but kept his snide comment to himself. They were on the same team but that wouldn't stop a knife in the back, if someone thought him either inadequate or a downright pain. Heck, even now it could happen, and they could just blame a BLU Spy or something. No one was in uniform nor recognisable. It would be a perfect set up.

At the second comment, he did reply with a growl, 'I'm perfectly capable now. I was jus’ put off earlier. Jesus - bloody - Christ.' He was still a little embarrassed by his earlier display. He was sort of still uncertain of the height of his horn though. It wasn't like having a tail that could actually have a 'mind of it’s own', but instead was like having a huge backpack on a bus that you had to kind of guide and keep an eye on, so you don't smack anyone in the face - except naturally it was worse. The tail was easier to control. Earlier in the hallway, he had dropped back behind Red and had practised keeping his body lower to the floor, which in turn had made his tail drop closer to the floor and trail in a straight line, as opposed to swinging wildly.

So he did this, keeping a respectful distance behind Red, also noticing that his night vision had improved, not as much as Red's, but Red was some freaky eye monster, so anything vision related, he'd have the upper hand on.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Take A Chill Pill [E][Private][TF2][Hunt]

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/20/2012 4:34 AM

If Engie could twist his mouth, he would've but he found that this was somewhat hard with that reptilian snout of his. Instead, he hummed softly to himself as he navigatedthroug the hallways, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Spy they were looking for as they passed through. He saw a plethora of different creatures, ranging from cute and fuzzy to serpentine and scaley. He suspected the Blu Spy he was looking for would be something scarier or more lithe, if their animal forms said anything about the person. Any of the more sharp, pointy creatures he looked to didn't seem to have the right accent or the right mannerisms. "Eeehn. As much as Ah hate ta' agree, Ah think the Medics are prolly the best bet." Engie's little ears flopped down a little. The last thing he needed was for the evil Blu Medic to be something that could cause more harm to his Scout. "You know, yer right. There's more n' jus' one Medic. Let's try to find another feller who might know what this is all about."

He had to make a decision. Soldiers only took orders. Medics dealt with the medication. Engie dodged a scrabbling cat monster as he took turn to head down the hallway for the Clinic,  his heavy tail dragging behind him, hoping it didn't make an obstacle for those walking behind him. "Sorry fer draggin' you fellers all around the place but Ah'm sure we all wanna know about this," the Engineer apologized over his shoulder. He was sorry especially to poor Scout, but he was sure they'd rather not discuss anything of the sort in front of the others.

It was as they were approaching the Clinic that Engie's ears pricked up, focusing on the various creatures mulling around the double doors and trying to pick out a familiar voice among the mostly German-heavy accents. "Huh..." He said, pausing and trying to catch one's attention. "S'cuse me, do ya know anythin' about this whole ordeal?" he said as a masked fox passed them. It shook its mouthless head and replied that they too were in the dark. Another attempt to ask a skittering flower-insect only proved to nail in the fact that even the Medics did not know what it was they'd given to the entire base. Engie sighed and plopped on his haunches against one of the walls, trying to think of something else. "Well that's just dandy," he said, curling his tail around him. It was then that his right ear flicked again, pinponted on another noise of nails clacking around the corner.

A tall, monstrous.... 'bird', or so it most resembled, rounded the corner in a slow and predatory manner. A skull-like face of a demon, a blue eye rolling around in the hollow socket of its eyes. It towered over Engie, walking forward in the manner of what one of those 'pterodactyls' might walk (something of which had popped up in his studies during college for a reason he couldn't remember). It made him shiver a little looking at the creature. Or perhaps it was the slight drop in temperature around the bird? When the beast craned its head towards Engie, there was a distinct echoing sound of a chuckle in a voice that Engie recognized instantly. The echoing quality of the voice only further intensified Engie's urge to shiver.

"Heh heh. Enjoying your new 'you', Herr Engineer?" The monster bird purred, claw-like talons scraping against the linoleum. The dead, blue eyes focused on each of the creatures around what seemed to be the Engineer. If this was the Engineer he recognized, the one with the bum leg, then his 'Vogelchen' should be around here as well, right? The question was, which tasty little morsel was he?

It was while the monster bird, whom Engie knew as the 'evil Blu Medic' (and subsequently the one who they'd been trying to avoid), was pondering the group before him that a little girl peeked out from behind him. She had been hidden by the mass of the bird until now, a little pale girl with raven-black hair that hid her eyes in shadow when her face was downturned. Aside from being a girl, she looked way too young to be anywhere near such a place as the BLU base, around ten or so in years. She was looking curiously from around the Medic's long, feathered throat with her fingers knitted into the feathers softly. Her eyes were dark and curious, and when she moved a little more forward, a couple of black feathers could be seen tucked in her dark tresses. Not a word was spoken as she suddenly brightened and dashed forward, long, awkward girl legs carrying her over to the group. Almost falling once, she scooped up the rabbit among them and cuddled him to her chest.

"Panacea. Vhat are you doing?" the bird snapped, his deep, echoing voice accented with the German that marked most Medics on base. It was a wonder how the monster spoke, as the skull mouth of the creature only opened slightly, the Engineer noticed. The girl stiffened and turned, looking apologetically at the Medic while still curling both arms around the bunny.

[6][1]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 02/23/2012 2:29 AM

With the chaos and disorder that had consumed both bases, there was always people out to make things worse, and there were always people trying to restore order, even to the point of where things went back to the exact way they were before.

The BLU Pyro - now a Cobalt Batti - that stood in his hallway was not the latter, and definitely the former. He was a trickster as a human and his new form had quite a roguish charm about it. Well he definitely thought so anyway. He hadn't figured out the flying part, but he definitely figured out how his small size was perfect for slipping away items that he had coveted from other people. In particular, this odd Red Feather charm, he had swiped from one of the more sentimental Pyro’s.
It wasn’t his for very long though. The moment he spotted a glimpse of the Malphas Medic, he dropped the thing and bolted away.

((Congratulations Moofie! ^O^ You have found a Red Feather! You’ll find the pet you’ve won in your inbox shortly.))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/24/2012 4:25 AM

Scot gave a snort in the weird tree-guys direction, the sound more like a sneeze than the dismissive sound he was going for, "Whatever, fuck you. At least I'm not gonna' develop a sudden urge to stand in the sun and sway in the breeze, or some dream to grow into the most beautiful fucking Christmas tree."

The tree guy was annoying (especially with that stupid Russian accent) but it felt good to take his frustration out on somebody he didn't really care for instead of one he did. Especially now that they'd run out of options and had to go and find a medic to talk to. Why was this spy so useless? He'd come to them! He could have figured everything out and the only good (and also the worst) spy on base was nowhere to be seen, and if he was they didn't know what to look for.

The hall outside the clinic, like at the RED base, held a lot of creatures, no people, all wanting to know what the hell had happened.
"Fuck... If all of these guys haven't gotten an answer..." what were the chances of them getting an answer? Scout sat back on his haunches, front feet off the ground but hanging limply in front of himself with his ears down. Even the wings he had seemingly not quite gained control of were down while Engie leaned against the wall look down trodden. Shit.

He was putting his paws down so he could hop over and try to comfort Engie, maybe say something, when Robert's attention turned to look down the hall, making Scot look down the hall as well. He wasn't sure why he looked, maybe because Engie did, but he wished he could un-see it.

He wasn't ultra religious or anything, but Scout wasn't adverse to crossing himself. The first time he killed, or just anything really cold, the young man could be seen crossing himself and muttering words under his breath. He believed in Hell and Heaven, and demons and angels were it felt appropriate. Scot was looking at a demon and it made his blood run cold. Blue eyes looked to the floor and tried to avoid eye contact. He didn't notice the actual drop in temperature since he was covered in fur but he still felt chilled.
The demon laughed and Scot's ears stood straight up before going right back down again. Oh no, no way.

The small winged rabbit's shoulders hunched, Scout lowering himself a little as if trying to disappear right into the floor. In front of him was Engie, behind was the spikey wolf, the crane, and the tree. The middle was a pretty solid place to be, right? Except the medic was parallel to the group so Scout didn't really have the cover being in the middle usually gave. Shit.

"Hitler" wasn't giving him much attention and for that Scot was relieved. Scout would just stay quiet, keep low, and not say or do anything to attract attention. Even for a loud mouth kid like Scout it would have been possible except for the fairly big problem with the opposable thumbs scooped him up off the floor. Because his attention had been on anything but the demonic Medic he hadn't noticed the girl until she was pretty much on him.
"Ah! HEY!"

Warm arms wrapped around him, holding him under his arms. He kicked and squirmed but the girl didn't seem to react, only pulling him closer, holding him against her chest. His lower half wasn't getting any support, back legs kicking as he tried to catch his claws on something to hold himself up. Scot wasn't willing to hurt the girl and the shirt didn't offer enough to keep him up so he gave up on it, instead dangling helplessly in her arms. Because of how she was holding him he could look up and see her face. She seemed pretty young, just a little girl, with dark eyes and hair. She was also weirdly quiet but also... familiar? And why did she have black feathers in her hair? Where had she even come from?

Hitler really was in a weird form that really suited him. He was a demon and it was only more obvious now. Scout's ears went back happy to have the girl between himself and the demon, except she was. The girl had spun around as if called, Scout looking up at her again. She had reacted as if called, hadn't see?
"... Pana? Whoa, what? Who are you...?"

----------

Red smiled to himself, looking over the shelves on either side of himself. The labels were very easy to read. His vision, though not bad, had deteriorated a bit as he aged. He needed glasses to read but in this new body, which was not affect by his age in the same way, this was a breeze. He had never had vision this good. Was it just him or was his sense of smell just a touch better as well? Yes and that seemed to coincide with his tongue which seemed to be sneaking out on him quite a lot more then he had thought it would. Well eve if it did seem a little over the top and silly it was a functional thing and Red wasn't about to get weird about it.

At any rate this aisles only had pills. Red knew his way around the base and he knew where files were kept and also where the vault was for the really important things, things like what these pills were and what sort of experiment this was meant to be and what they planned to do with everything "thing" on base afterwards. If it wasn't there then they had a real problem.

He didn't hear it so much as felt it, a shifting, grating sound from his... right? And a little behind.
"Merde. Zomesing be'ind you. And for zee love of God don't zwing around...!" He hissed, turning around himself and stalking towards the strange sliding. Was it... on the ground? Or... on a shelf?
Not wanting to risk life or limb he walked along side of Blue, drawing his gun as he did, eyes scanning the shelves and what he could see of the floor.
"Come out come out where ever you...!"

Red stepped back, barely dodging the little snake thing that lunged at him. Whatever it was was now on Blue, slithering his way on the leg and onto his back.

"Look!" the snake cried, his form not seeing to be entirely solid, "I have fangzzzzz! Like little Zzzzgarps! Zzzzyringes! Needlezzz! I can't Zzzzzay Zzzzezez!"
The strange snake couldn't hold still as it zipped around on Blue's body, laughing to itself. Red was going to kill this thing if Blue didn't accidentally do it first (or purposefully).
"Mathias? Mathias, get off zee fucking raptor, would you?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Previous