A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

.:Helmet Party:. (Elliot) [E]

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/08/2012 4:28 AM

It was an arid day in the middle of August, which said nothing considering most New Mexico days were pretty much like this.

Hot, dry, arid.

This of course, didn't bother the gruff Soldier pacing along the outskirts of the facility nestled amongst the orange hills of the supposed 'flat land'. His thick jaw was set firmly, his hidden eyes scanned the world beyond the barbed wire fencing surrounding the large RED facility, which he was supposed to be calling 'home'. Eventually his eyes caught sight of red dust clouds in the distance, among the rocky outcroppings that lead, he knew, to civilization. He liked it better out here, in the desolate wastes, free of the prim and proper life of civilian life. Feh. He grunted, feeling the thundering of the line of convoys as they entered his sight and approached the encampment.

The front gates parted to let the growling vehicles pass, with their canvas beds stained red from all the dust they were kicking up. The Soldier perked and watched them enter the loading docks to bring in the new recruits. Fresh meat, he liked to call them, even though many were just transfers from other facilities. They didn't know hell until they were here. He marched his way after the convoys, watching already as a few men strode out from the convoys, other coworkers coming to see the new recruits and transfers as well.

"Welcome to hell, maggots!" he screamed, assuming a straight stance before the new arrivals. "I am your NEW commanding officer and you will TREAT me as such, lest you find yourself knee-deep in Blu HORSESHIT. And I will PERSONALLY make sure you EAT IT. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear? All RECRUITS are to speak with our head Engineer for room assignments. Carry on!" He stated. As head of the Soldier department, he was to greet all of the newcomers in this predictable way, and everyone most likely had had this drill from similar men leading the other facilities. As usual, he was greeted promptly by the yells of affirmation from other Soldiers (good men, they were) and grunts and groans from other classes, which didn't seem to faze him.

((One day. He will bloom into a beautiful Rejection Kuhna~ 8'U))

[1]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Re: .:Helmet Party:. (Elliot) [E]

Postby Fish » 02/08/2012 7:40 AM

It was just like when he first joined RED... Carried to a far-off place in a convoy full of strangers. Though the difference from this time from last time was that he recognized a few faces as people from his previous base. They weren't friends, and Engie was even sure he probably had not even said a word to most of them, but the thought of having a familiar face made it seem easier... or at least less work.

Engie sighed. They had them packed inside the convoy, and even for a short person, he felt extremely cramped in the convoy. It had been hours since their last pit stop, and even then he wasn't allowed to exit the vehicle. He didn't know how much longer they had till they got to the new base, but for all he knew, it could still be hours away. Jus' great. Engie tried to shift in his spot, but ended up rubbing legs with the scout on his right.

"WHOA! Whoa!" The RED scout threw his hands into the air, and scooted over in a hurry, "Overalls! Man! You may swing for dat team, but I sure as hell don't!"

"Put a cork in it, string-bean, yer not even mah type." Engie sighed, he was too exhausted to deal with the scout. He just wanted this ride to be over with so that he can be assigned to his new room and finally be alone. That's exactly what he preferred: solitude, without any annoyances... like Scout for example. Maybe he could finally get back to work on his projects. Of course he'd have to start over from scratch since his previous base wouldn't allow him to take any of his work with him, but that wouldn't be too much of a trouble. Since Engie was one quick worker (in more than one way).  

"What do ya mean not your type?! Brudda, do you even see dis?" The scout continued while motioning towards himself, obviously ignoring Engie's comment about putting a cork in it.

"Yah, n' that's what I call a string-bean, boy-"

Just then the convoy came to a stop. Perfect timin'. He grabbed his only bag from under his seat and followed the Scout out of the convoy and into the light. It felt good to finally stretch his legs. He thought of stretching out his back too, but right then a soldier piped in, yelling out to all the new arrivals. Engie couldn't see the man, considering a heavy weapons guy stood in his view, but the texan could still imagine the soldier with his hands behind his back, pacing like a general would when in front of new arrivals.

"Aw, man, another hardhat. These guys never stop talkin'." Scout shifted on his feet as if he was restless, which he probably was. He kicked at the dirt, then bounced a little, before kicking at the dirt again. "Ugh, are ya kiddin' me."

"Shush, boy," Engie hissed under his breath, "yer gonna cause another speech." Engie was just as restless as Scout over there, but he knew better than to show it, for the sake of hurrying things up.

"Aw, maaaan."

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate