A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Slot 3: Rebel & Jobiehanna [ Vast Plains ]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/18/2012 11:27 PM

Well, now he had signed up for something that he didn't even know anything about. Apparently, he was supposed to be finding eggs of some sort. He hadn't really gotten all the details straight. There didn't appear to be enough time. He had been ushered away before getting the entirety of this mission. So, now, at the edge of the Vast Plains, Raikou stood. Alone. He didn't mind being alone, it was just that he didn't know what he should be doing. "Eggs. Eggs, I need to find eggs... But, what kind of eggs? Bird eggs? Snake eggs? Lizard eggs? Turtle eggs? Augh..." The Taigra let out a frustrated sigh, not making sense of anything. In all of his life, he'd always been given missions, with a directive. A specific, well-organized plan, with everything explained. Now, he'd been told to just go find eggs. Eggs, of all things! "Just what am I supposed to be doing?" Raikou said aloud, to himself, as if the answer would just come up out of nowhere, though he knew that was simply impossible.

[1::1]

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: Slot 3: Rebel & Jobiehanna [ Vast Plains ]

Postby jobiehanna » 04/18/2012 11:38 PM

Sauron loved the Easter activities. He had been able to participate last year with a partner, and this year was no different. He needed a partner, but he had somehow ended up in the Vast Plains alone after seeing the event in the park. He looked around him, his blue eyes searching for another living being. That's when he heard the voice, talking about eggs. The voice must also be looking for eggs! Sauron nearly let out a whoop of excitement. He followed the voice, eventually seeing a tiagra. "Eggs, huh? I'm lookin' for eggs too," Sauron said with a wide grin. He had no idea who this stranger was, but maybe they could team up and find a whole ton of eggs.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/18/2012 11:46 PM

As he looked out over the vast plains, the Taigra began to try to formulate some plans in his head, to try and get to the end of this mission he'd been sent on. Before he could come up with anything useful, however, his ears pricked to the sound of someone nearing him. Quickly, Rakurai looked over, only to be met with a voice as soon as he saw who it was. Rakurai had been caught completely off guard, but by the beaming grin on the Kuhna's face, he could not believe that the Kuhna was threatening to him. Instead, he seemed rather friendly. More importantly, however, was what the Kuhna had said. "Uh... You are also looking for eggs?" Rakurai could not hide his confusion for this whole event, but it seemed that there were others involved in it as well. "Just, what kind of eggs do they want?" In his serious tone, Rakurai asked the question, longing for an answer. He'd done missions before, but never one as crazy sounding as this one. As a matter of fact, Rakurai was so deep in thought about the eggs themselves, that he did not notice he didn't even know the stranger.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/18/2012 11:54 PM

"Yeah, o' course," Sauron said with a grin. It was a little hard to believe the other had no idea what kind of eggs they were to be looking for. But he wasn't surprised. If he remembered right, he had to explain the Hunt to his partner the previous year as well. The sugar kuhna couldn't help but chuckle at the tiagra's serious tone. "Why, Easter eggs," he exclaimed with a shout. "I assume they are any kind of egg, but they are decorated," he added with his tone back to normal loudness. "With all kinds of colors and designs, they stick out like sore thumbs once you spot one," he continued on with a wink.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 12:09 AM

Rakurai tilted his head, brow raising, his head arching back slightly at the... er... loudness of this Kuhna. He couldn't say he was used to this. But, Easter eggs? Eggs with colors and designs all over them? Rakurai blinked, almost with a dumbfounded look in his eyes. What kind of mission was this? Eggs that belonged to someone called Easter, and they were all decorated and designed. "That's... different." The Taigra managed, finally, still trying to make sense of all this. He chose his words carefully, as usual, not wanting to offend anyone with words that may be read differently. For this mission, however, he'd signed up for something he knew nothing about. But, if it was as simple as finding eggs that stuck out, it shouldn't be too hard, right? "Perhaps, you could direct me to finding these... Easter eggs. It appears I did not come well informed for this..." His embarrassment was quite evident as he finished his sentence, trailing off slightly, as he looked down, berating himself for not taking better time to gather further information.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 2:18 PM

Sauron nodded. "It's just another odd custom we have here," he said with another smile. "They can be found anywhere, really," he continued on. "In the grass, up in trees, between rocks, out in the open, half buried," he was rambling now, but there were so many places! "Anywhere you can get to, there is a possibility there is an egg there. Heck, even if you couldn't get to the spot, I bet there'd be one there!" Sauron laughed, throwing his paws up in there air for emphasis.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 3:03 PM

This was strange, indeed. Eggs could be found anywhere. "Anywhere?" He asked, with some sound of doubt in his voice. Rakurai glanced out across the Vast Plains. Anywhere was a lot of places in this wide open plain. His thoughts, however, were quickly diverted to focusing on the loud and... well, Rakurai couldn't find the right word for it, but he just seemed... excited. About everything. Rakurai twitched his tail. The awkwardness of his silence was suddenly made aware to him. Here, this Kuhna was talking to a complete stranger as if he'd known him all his life. Rakurai couldn't understand it. Hesitating slightly, he finally managed, "I'll just start looking, then." Trying to hide his awkwardness, Rakurai began to filter his way through the tall grasses of the plains, eyes searching for the eggs that the stranger had talked about. What would an otherwise normal being say to a stranger? Rakurai could only think of greetings, but that was well beyond that now.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 3:18 PM

"Yup, anywhere," Sauron said happily as he watched the tiagra. He certainly seemed befuddled by the egg hunt. It really wasn't all that out there, but maybe it was to the stranger. Maybe the stranger was some kind of reincarnated something or other who just happened to wake up in Evelon. He heard stories like that ll the time. Maybe the guy was some kind of royalty! He was so deep in his imaginative thoughts he hadn't realized the awkward silence growing between them until the tiagra spoke. "Oh, yeah," he said. "I'll start looking too." He scanned the area. "Oh, by the way, my name's Sauron," he added with a friendly smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 6:24 PM

Despite being trained to have such keen senses, Rakurai was having trouble focusing with his usual sharpness. Usually, he could easily pick out things that weren't supposed to belong, such as an egg in a field, but with the addition of the stranger, it caused his mind to be very well weighted. Not so much in a bad way, just that it was something... different. Something that Rakurai wasn't used to. Moreover, he wasn't used to doing anything with anyone. But, now, the Kuhna had offered his name. Rakurai stopped, looking back over his shoulder at the Kuhna. Sauron. Now, Rakurai scrambled his brain, trying to figure out how to respond. When it came to mission-talk, he had no trouble. When it came to friendly conversations, well, Rakurai wasn't the best. "That's... nice." Rakurai sounded as if he himself doubted that it was the right thing to say, his voice faintly carrying his confusion with all of this. But, he had hope. Perhaps this Kuhna could teach him a thing or too about talking to others. After a moment of scrambled thought, Rakurai came up with only, "I am Rakurai."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 7:04 PM

"Nice to meet you," Sauron said happily at the introduction. The other sure seemed to be a little awkward with conversation. But the kuhna brushed it off. It was time for egg hunting! He bounded over the high grass, catching up with the tiagra. "So, what are you doin' lookin' for eggs if you don't know what exactly you're looking for?" The question may have been a little out of line socially, but Sauron wasn't one for avoiding questions to spare others feelings.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 9:06 PM

Rakurai's brows furrowed slightly. Sauron said it was nice to meet him. He had said it happily. Rakurai couldn't help but feel a very small smile twitch at his lips. He took a mental note. Rakurai was starting to feel that seriousness wasn't everything.
As he walked on, he glanced back seeing Sauron catching up, and his ears pricked to the question. Rakurai had been drilled with questions before, but never any that were very personal. Though he continued to trek through the grass of the plains, his mind was paused, thinking on the question. How should he answer it? Perhaps, he should just stick to the truth. "Well, I guess it was just instinct. That Cuniflare seemed to need help with a mission, and after being sent out on missions before, well, it just struck me to do it." He stopped, hoping he had made sense. Just a moment later, Rakurai asked with clear question, "Why do you do this?" Perhaps it was alright to ask questions as well.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 9:16 PM

So, his companion was a man of missions. That was far off from his original theory of royalty or something. Rakuria was a missionary, or that's what he was in the sugar kuhna's mind. Why did he do the hunts? Well, the answer was simple. "I love the season. I love finding things! All the eggs are so interesting to find, and it's just plain fun," Sauron said happily as he continued walking with the tiagra.

While his eyes scanned the area for Easter eggs, his mind was busy thinking about what to talk about. He finally came up with something, although he didn't know what kind of answer he was going to get. So he asked, "What other kinds of missions do you do?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 9:55 PM

Fun? This was supposed to be fun? Rakurai had long since forgotten that word. He knew what it meant, he knew what it was about, but he didn't know how. He watched the happy Kuhna, half wondering what he had that Rakurai didn't.

As his eyes drifted head in search of the elusive eggs, he was drilled with another question. The question stung. It brought back the painful memories he did not want to relive. The Taigra continued walking, eyes forward, only responding with, "Whatever I was told to do." Falling back into the silence he was so used to, Rakurai felt himself withdrawing. But, nearly as soon as he spoke, he stopped short, having stepped over something that caught his eye: an ovalish object next a rock. It was too round to be a rock. Taking a step back, Rakurai looked down, spotting the round object that appeared to be an egg, craftily hidden amongst the rocks.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 10:02 PM

Sauron could sense that the other did not really respond well to his question. But the kuhna was used to others withdrawing like that from him. He seemed to strike chords a lot, the kind that really struck home, without even realizing it. "Sounds, um, hard," Sauron ended up saying. It was simple, but he really wasn't sure what to say. He hated some of the things he was told to do.

Sauron was still walking when the taigra stopped short. The kuhna had continued on, but when he realized the other had stopped, he back tracked to see what had caught his attention. His face broke into a wide smile, the previous thoughts gone for a little while. "Lookit! Ya found one," he exclaimed happily as he looked at it.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2012 11:19 PM

Glancing up to Sauron, he read the beaming features of the Kuhna for a moment before looking down at the egg he'd found. Rakurai managed a small smile. "I guess I did," Rakurai replied, suddenly feeling accomplished, a certain light in his eyes. But, now that he'd found it, what was he to do with it? The brute was never one to just sit and wait. Being resourceful, he secured the egg to the base of his foreleg with a thick, strong blade of glass. As if a sudden wind took hold of him, Rakurai spoke before his mind could think, "I hope there isn't too many of these out here, else I'll be so weighed down, we won't make it back." Rakurai himself was surprised as he managed a smile. This kind of work was so less strenuous than what he was used to. It felt strange, but, oddly enough, he liked this new feeling.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone