A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Slot 3: Rebel & Jobiehanna [ Vast Plains ]

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2012 11:26 PM

Sauron smiled as he watched the other feline. It was fun to see him take a blade of grass and wrap it around the eggs and then attach it to his leg. "Wow, that's pretty neat," he exclaimed before he could stop himself. He would have never thought of such a thing. Sauron was a little surprised by the taigra's next comment. It was not a bad surprise, but a good one. It was something he hadn't expected from his companion. The kuhna chuckled, patting Rakurai on the back as if in congratulations. "If you can show me how to do that tying thing with grass, I can help you out," he said with a wink.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 9:19 AM

Rakurai felt a bit of pride. Using the resources he had was never something he was proud of. It was just something he did, usually because he had to. Sauron calling it neat was something he'd never heard before. It was a nice change that what Rakurai was used to. Even the pat on the back was a nice surprise. He had done far more complicated and dangerous things on missions before, but had never once received a congratulations. Now, he was receiving a congratulations just for finding an egg! What came as more of a surprise, though, was Sauron asking him to show him how to use the grass to tie things down. Rakurai had never really taught anyone before. He'd always been the one being taught, never the other way around. He hesitated for a moment, but decided that this was something he really wanted to do. It was different, in a good way. "It's not too hard," Rakurai said with a small smile. He reached down and untied the egg with his teeth on his paw so that he could instruct Sauron. "I can show you. Just grab a nice, strong piece of grass. The tall grasses in this plain are usually pretty tough at the base. If you bite the end off, leaving the tougher stem, you'll have you a perfect tying grass." Rakurai started to feel a bit excited being able to share his knowledge, and it made him feel good.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/20/2012 12:41 PM

"Okay," Sauron said with a wide grin. Then he went to searching for a nice piece of grass. Finding one, he bit it off at the base. The grass had a bitter taste, something the sugar kuhna wasn't used to. He made a face, then bit the end off that was the thinner end. Then he held it up, showing it to Rakurai before coming back to the taigra. "How's this one?" He asked with a smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 6:47 PM

Rakurai couldn't resist a smile at Sauron's bitter look on his face from the grass. He, too, wasn't used to the taste of grass. After all, he was a carnivore, but he had come to tolerate it through time. As Sauron showed him the piece of grass he'd picked, Rakurai looked it over, and nodded his head once firmly. "That looks good." Getting into position to show Sauron, Rakurai sat down on his haunches and laid his piece of grass down to instruct the Kuhna. "It's easier if you start with the piece of grass on the ground first. Then, just move the object - in our case, the egg - on to it." As he spoke, he did what he was talking about, to both show and tell. "Place your forepaw over the blade, beside the egg, like so. And, then, the tricky part is the tying. I use my other paw to push one side of the grass up, and then use my teeth for the other side," Rakurai did as he was showing, so the last of his sentence was a bit muffled. "Mand ven jusst thwisst 'nd tie. Done." And, with that, Rakurai was finished, looking over to Sauron to see how he did.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/20/2012 7:06 PM

Sauron watched Rakurai intently. It didn't seem too hard... He rolled a rock over onto his piece of grass and did what the taigra had instructed him to do. He placed his paw and used the other one to lift one side of the grass. He grabbed the other end with his mouth and lifted it to try and tie the grass together. It was working well, but it was difficult to tie the know. He was looping the two ends together to tie the knot when he lost his grip and the grass fell to the ground. He chuckled, looking over at Rakurai.

"You make it look so easy," Sauron said with a grin. He tried a few more times, finally getting it, although the knot was a little lose. He held up his leg, showing his success. "There," he said triumphantly.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 7:58 PM

For the first time in such a long time, Rakurai chuckled softly as Sauron lost his grip on the grass and it fell. Rakurai recalled how many times it took him before he figured out how to tie things. Being without human hands and fingers made things just a bit harder, but Rakurai was too resourceful to be held back. At Sauron's words, Rakurai smiled, replying, "Don't worry. It took me a long time to figure it out on my own. I was always told that practice makes perfect."
Rakurai watched as Sauron continued to try and finally, he got it. Unable to resist, Rakurai bared a big smile, and, remembering Sauron's action from before, congratulated Sauron with a pat on the back. "Great work," Rakurai said with some exclamation. He couldn't help but feel proud of the Kuhna. Rakurai had always been one who had been taught, but had never gotten the chance to teach anyone else. Now, he was liking the idea of teaching... Perhaps, there was more to his future than he thought. "Now we'll be able to gather more eggs."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/20/2012 8:05 PM

To be honest, Sauron was a little surprised the other had had patted his back. The taigra didn't seem like the kind of character to do such a thing. But Sauron wasn't complaining. He grinned broadly. "Thanks," he said happily. Then he undid the job he had done. After all, he didn't want to be carrying a rock around all day. "Yeah, more eggs! Yeah," Suaron said just as happily.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 8:45 PM

Rakurai smiled softly at the enthusiasm of the Kuhna. Then, nodding his head, he motioned to continue on, reflecting lightly on things. He kept low and slow, as he had been taught, eyes searching diligently for the eggs. He wondered partially what was so important about these eggs. It seemed that it was just something fun for others to do. Perhaps it was something fun, if Rakurai could focus himself to be less... stiff about it.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/20/2012 8:51 PM

Sauron didn't follow Rakurai's lead of keeping low. Not in the slightest. He bounded through the tall grass, sometimes laughing or chasing a bug for fun. After all, the hunt wasn't just to find the eggs, but to have a little fun while you were at it. He made sure to stay close to Rakurai though, so he didn't lose him. "Come on," he called to the taigra as he went ahead a little. "No need to be sneaky when egg hunting, they can't run away!" He added with a laugh.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 11:23 PM

Rakurai kept a slight eye on Sauron, glancing back every so often under a hidden gaze. He couldn't help but be drawn to the playfulness and joy that the Kuhna radiated. It seemed like such a fun and relaxing way to be. Rakurai had enjoyed sharing his knowledge, and it had helped him shine out a bit, but that was one thing. Carefree fun was something different.
The brute was drawn out of thought by the Kuhna as he went ahead of Rakurai, saying curious words. Rakurai tilted his head, trying to figure it out. Eggs aren't supposed to run away anyway, are they? That was just common sense. Rakurai questioned what about him was being sneaky, but after a moment, he noted how almost carefree the Kuhna was moving, whereas Rakurai was used to moving in stealth mode most of the time, intently searching for his objective. Finally, it made sense what Sauron was trying to say. With a soft smile, Rakurai nodded his head in understanding, deciding to try to be less... stiff and to open up a bit more. "Ah, I see. I'll give it a try." The Taigra stood up straighter, trying not to be so focused on his surroundings, though it proved to be very difficult. Rakurai was used to be extremely alert, especially on missions. He had to pick up his pace though to keep up with Sauron, and he couldn't help but ask, in concern for the mission, "How will you find every egg like this, though?"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/21/2012 2:03 PM

Sauron was glad to see Rakurai let lose a little. It was fun to watch him. The kuhna giggled as he continued to leap through the grass. When the taigra spoke next though, Sauron stopped mid leap and fell to the ground. "I hadn't thought of that," he said as he tilted his head. "Um, I guess we just won't find every egg?" But even as he spoke it Sauron wasn't sure that's what they should do. "Okay, maybe we should look more carefully," he said with a sigh. He really wanted to just run around and find the eggs, but it seemed more logical to take your time if you wanted to get them all.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/21/2012 9:03 PM

Rakurai hadn't expected to halt Sauron so quickly with his words. He actually hadn't expected to halt him at all. He was surprised, and concerned, as he saw Sauron fall to the ground, quickly coming up to be sure he was alright. It appeared he was as the Kuhna continued talking. Rakurai tilted his head, sensing a change in how the Kuhna was talking. It wasn't as... happy or fun as he had been talking before. Rakurai began to question himself. As a matter of fact, he felt that he was holding the Kuhna back... Rakurai glanced down, feeling a bit ashamed. He didn't want to hold Sauron back. Instead, Rakurai found he wanted to learn from him. Deciding to try to correct his mistake, Rakurai forced himself to chipper up some, recalling how chipper the Kuhna acted. "Ah... Say, why not just... Well, um," Rakurai began, struggling to think of something to correct what he said before, or better yet, something that wouldn't hold Sauron back. "You know more about all of this than I do. You should lead me in what to do, right?" Rakurai put on a small smile, nodding his head once in assurance.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/21/2012 9:16 PM

At Rakurai's next words, Sauron brightened. He still wanted him to lead them? "Alright," he said, happy once more. He leaped forward again. As he leaped over the dry grass, a smile on his face. But as he landed, he felt something beneath his paw. He stumbled and fell to the side. He looked back to where his foot had hid the object and saw an egg. It was slightly cracked from his weight, but it was still in tact. "Found one," he yelled excitedly back to Rakurai.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/21/2012 9:49 PM

Rakurai was glad to see the Kuhna brighten once more. He couldn't explain it, but it was as if Sauron's happiness radiated so much off of him that it affected Rakurai. Then, before Rakurai knew it, Sauron was bounding ahead, out of his sight! Rakurai quickly bounded through the grass, following Sauron's direction so as not to lose him. The Kuhna's voice called him forward, indicating that Sauron had already found an egg! Rakurai was surprised, learning that being slow and steady wasn't always the best thing. "Well done," Rakurai said as he approached his companion, seeing the egg. He noticed it was cracked, but was sure it would survive the trip back.

[ 4 :: 15 ]

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/21/2012 10:03 PM

Sauron practically beamed at Rakurai's congratulations. "Thanks," he said happily as he took a blade of grass from beside him like he was shown. Then he went to tie the egg to his leg. He messed it up the first time, but kept trying. He still wasn't very good at it, but he didn't give up. He eventually got it, and smiled at the taigra. "Let's go find some more," he added with another smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items