A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Slot 3: Rebel & Jobiehanna [ Vast Plains ]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/22/2012 10:03 AM

Rakurai nodded his head, smiling, as the Kuhna thanked him. He watched Sauron try to tie up the egg, and, after a few attempts, Sauron got it. Rakurai couldn't help but feel proud of the Kuhna. He was glad to see that he wasn't giving up. "Alright, lead the way," Rakurai said as he stepped back slightly, offering for Sauron to lead. "It seems you are very good at this."

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2012 3:12 PM

Sauron smiled proudly. "Alright, we'll go this way then," he said happily. He headed off in a random direction, toward one of the few trees in the plains. "Maybe there's one up in the tree," he said as he leaped and bounded. He loved climbing trees, especially tall ones. So long as he didn't fall, that is.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/22/2012 4:04 PM

Rakurai let Sauron led the way, allowing him ahead. When he was ahead, the Taigra fell in behind to follow. It seemed that Sauron did not have any particular direction to go, but Rakurai was fine with that. After all, Rakurai was still in the learning process of not being a military lifestyle anymore. It was a difficult transition, but, for Rakurai, at least he learned quickly. He tilted his head as Sauron mentioned eggs being up a tree. Rakurai had to quickly speed up to keep up with the bounding Kuhna. "That seems as good a place as any," Rakurai remarked, wondering how someone could have put an egg up in the tree safely.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2012 4:45 PM

Sauron grinned again as he neared the tree. It was tall, but it had some low branches that would be perfect for climbing. He stole a glance back at the taigra and wondered if he would climb the tree if given the chance. He screeched to a halt in front of the tree and looked up at the tree. A few branched up he could see something shimmering. "Hey, I think there is one up there," he said excitedly.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/22/2012 5:13 PM

As they neared the tree, Rakurai looked up it, varying how tall it was. He had had to use trees to his advantage before, but had never really thought of them as being something "fun" just to climb on. His training had prevented that. It was just training. But, the excitement that radiated off Sauron told Rakurai that he had been missing out. "Really?" Rakurai stopped at the base of the tree, looking up it, catching sight of something shimmering. Already going back to his mission thought-process, Rakurai quickly surveyed the tree. "The easiest way up looks to be that low-hanging branch," he stated, in his usual mission-like, straight set tone. He couldn't help it.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2012 5:51 PM

Sauron chuckled at Rakurai's serious, straight tone. "Why so serious?" He asked with a smile still playing across his lips. But as he looked up he realized Rakurai was right. The low hanging branch would be the best one. "Do you want to climb, or should I?" Sauron really wanted to climb the tree, but he wanted to give the other a chance first.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/22/2012 7:39 PM

The question raised some thought to Rakurai. Though Sauron's smile indicated that he had asked with humor, it made Rakurai a bit self conscious of how different he was. He was indeed serious, especially when it came to anything like this. Still, Rakurai managed to smile it off, deciding that he was still learning how to be himself. At the next question, Rakurai tilted his head, looking up the tree. After a moment, he replied with a nod of his head, "You go on, Sauron. You spotted the egg first." Rakurai offered with a smile.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2012 9:25 PM

"Oh, alright," Sauron said happily. He looked up at the tree, judging the distance he would need to leap. Then he crouched and then pushed himself off the ground toward the low hanging branch. His claws caught the branch, and he twisted himself up onto it. Once balanced he walked toward the trunk of the tree and leaped onto the next highest branch. He leaped and clawed his way up until he got to the branch where the egg was. It was lodged between the branch and the trunk. Sauron balanced with three of his feet while he bat at the shimmering egg with the other. It finally came lose, only to be dropped. He had missed it! "Look out Rakurai, it's coming at ya," he hollered down, hoping the taigra could catch it in time.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/22/2012 10:05 PM

Rakurai stood back to give Sauron enough room to make it up the tree. He watched as the Kuhna leaped and swung himself up into the tree. He continued to watch as Sauron made his way up, Rakurai ready to leap in should anything go wrong. It appeared Sauron had made it to the egg and was trying to lodge it free. The Taigra tilted his head, wondering if the Kuhna was going to be able to get it free. But, sure enough it did... only to come hurtling out of the tree! Rakurai's eyes widened in surprise and he crouched quickly, assessing where and when to leap to catch the egg. As the egg neared the ground, Rakurai leaped for it, catching it in his mouth as he let out a muffled, "Got it!" Rakurai landed nimbly on his feet, but the impact jolted his jaws and Rakurai heard a loud crack! The brute cringed. "Oh, what did I do this time?" Carefully, he set the egg down, seeing a few puncture marks and cracks from his teeth in the shell. Rakurai grunted, berating himself for his careless mistake.

[5::20]

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/23/2012 5:34 PM

Sauron watched below for Rakurai to catch the egg. Sure enough, the tiagra managed to catch it. Sauron would have applauded, had he not been up in the tree. He didn't hear the crack from his point in the tree though. "Nice catch," he called down to Rakurai. The Sauron began his decent from the tree. It was harder getting down than up, but he managed it. Once on the lowest branch he leaped onto the ground and turned to Rakurai. He looked at the egg, noticing the puncture marks. Sauron shrugged, offering Rakurai a smile. "I'm sure it'll be okay," he said, hoping that it would be. So long as there was nothing wrong with what was inside, if there even was anything.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/23/2012 6:31 PM

Rakurai didn't think it was such a nice catch, but the compliment itself was enough to encourage him not to continue his self-bullying he often did when he "failed" at a mission. Stepping back, he looked up as he heard Sauron making his way down, making sure that he made it down safely. It didn't take long for the Kuhna to be on the ground again. At Sauron's words, Rakurai nodded lightly in agreement. "I certainly hope so," Rakurai responded, snapping off a blade of grass and tying the egg swiftly and carefully to his other foreleg. He figured they both needed to disperse the eggs they find among each other, so as not to weigh one or the other too much down. Remembering the earlier parts of their conversation, Rakurai offered, "Good find. Shall we continue?"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/23/2012 8:18 PM

Sauron watched as Rakurai tied the egg around his leg. He made it look so easy. Then he nodded his head at the taigra's next words. "Yeah, let's get going," he said with a smile. He hoped they would be able to find more eggs soon. He wasn't sure which direction they should head in, but he figured they find another one in whichever direction they decided to go in.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/23/2012 8:39 PM

With Sauron's words, Rakurai nodded his head with a smile and turned to go search some more. He decided to try to be less accurate and just try to loosen up some, a task proving slightly difficult with all of his training. Nonetheless, he was optimistic. "Perhaps I could take the lead," Rakurai offered, hoping it would be alright. He wanted to try his hand at not getting so focused on finding. "You seemed to enjoy leading. Perhaps, I can too."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/23/2012 8:42 PM

Sauron's smile never dimmed. "Yeah, that'd be cool," he said happily. "Where to, leader?" He asked with a chuckle and a salute. Then he relaxed a bit. he hoped Rakurai realized he was messing around with the leader thing. He looked around, there was grass everywhere, like always. The plains were so dull with all the grass, but it was so tall you never knew what you could find.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/23/2012 9:13 PM

Even Rakurai could not hold back a chuckle as Sauron saluted him. It was a strange sight to see, especially since Rakurai was used to being the one doing the saluting. Now, he had someone saluting him. To Rakurai, it was a funny change. Yes, it was fun. Finally finding his footing with himself, Rakurai responded with chuckle, "Wherever the path shall take us." It was a statement Rakurai had lived by, but now, he was using it in a humorous way. There were no paths in the plains! Well, no straight, visible paths. "Come along," Rakurai encouraged, as he turned to begin to lead the way. He recalled how boundful and spry Sauron had been earlier... Rakurai wondered if he could do the same. How would it feel to just run, with no certain goal in the distance in mind? Silly? Perhaps, but Rakurai wouldn't know unless he tried. Before he let his mind say, "No! Don't do it!" Rakruai bounded forward, at no great speed, splitting the grass with his snout as he let his legs charge forward. The grass tickled his nose as he ran, and this once-hardened warrior to such tortures let them do their work. And, Rakurai laughed, heartily.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone