A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Postby Terri » 01/12/2008 11:06 AM

Faye squinched her nose as the two Lucain appeared.  They were large, and loud, and seemed quite obnoxious.  She suppresses a sigh; they'd scare off the Wombears for sure.

Nonetheless, she put on a smile and tried to appear civil.  She took a few hop-steps, coming to a sitting position beside the Fenling.  The two newcomers seemed to be unaware of her for the time being, though, and she was fine with that.  The Taanre cast a questioning glance at Sea.  "Friends of yours...?"  In truth, Faye hoped they were mortal enemies.  Maybe Sea would chase them off and save the hunt.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2008 11:21 AM

"In the loosest sense of the word, Faye." Sea said, looking over at Chanda and Chloris.  "What brings you two out here?" She asked, sighing.

The female Lucain looked at Sea and laughed.  "Y'know, your sister's boyfriend is worried about you.  He's also worried about your sister, but more so about you.  Says you haven't spoken a word to them since... since, like, before the war." She said.  Sea shook her head.  "Why should I?  Fire has Tali?±a to keep her company, why does she need me?" She asked.

Chloris shook his head.  "Your sister needs you more than ever, Sea.  We're just here to find out why you dislike her so much." He said.  The Glacial Fenling looked like Chloris had just said she was really a Kuhna with four tails.  "She needs me?  Why?  Did Tali finally die or something?"

"Why do you hate Lucain so much?" Chloris inquired.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Sea shot back sarcastically.

{Sea: 8||Chanda: 2||Chloris: 2}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Faye -- 10

Postby Terri » 01/12/2008 11:47 AM

Faye's head snapped back and forth between the Lucain and Sea.  She was clearly trying to make sense of this situation, to no avail.  As Sea's last sarcastic comment faded away, the Taanre lazily stood, arching her back in an exaggerated yawn.

"Not that this conversation isn't fascinating," she drawled, her eyes rolling, "but what are you doing out here?"  She cast a neutral stare at Chandani and Chloris.  "Besides, of course, scaring off all the Wombears?"  It wasn't that the Taanre disliked Lucain any more than she did Kalamarei, or Piyos, or Fenlings.  She merely disliked the sense of composure the two boisterous creatures before her seemed to possess.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2008 12:01 PM

Chanda looked down at the Taanre with a hard stare.  "We're merely out here trying to understand why your friend here is so cold to her sis..." The Fenling cut her off.

"Listen, Chanda; Faye's right.  You're, like, scaring off any Wombears that WOULD be out here, not to mention I DON'T care what's going on with Fire.  Okay, SHE didn't care what was going on with ME." She said.  Chloris sighed.  Seemed like all the females he knew were loud and argumentative...

"Please, be quiet..." He said.  "I think our Kuhna friend here really wants to find a Wombear, and I for one shall help her."

{Sea: 9||Chanda: 3||Chloris: 3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/12/2008 12:22 PM

Though the story unfolding between the other two females piqued a twinge of curiosity in Faye, she honestly couldn't care less at the moment.  She would have told the two of them to shut up, if she had been able to get a word in edgewise.  Chloris beat her to it, and she nodde appreciatively at him.

"Thank you."  She huffed for a moment, glaring at both Sea and Chandani, though most of her distaste was channeled at the Lucain.  "If it's really such a dire matter, sort it out now, quickly.  I don't want to be here all day."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2008 12:34 PM

"There's nothing to sort." Sea said quickly, in a quieter voice.  "I just generally harbor a distaste for Lucain because my sister traded my company for the company of one that was, at the time, just a pup; now she has thirty-eight relations in her name."  She said.  Chanda just shook her head.  "You and your issues, Sea.  Just ask her why she loves Lucain so much.  Maybe you could take care of one of my pups, if you'd really want to.  It might teach you a thing or two about your sister's obbsession with them."

Sea scoffed.  "Obsession?" She said, but Chloris cut her off.  "If it helps any," he began, "I brought some fresh fish from the Dead Coast.  I think they'll be more tasty than the fish here." He said, indicating a bag he had brought.

{Sea: 10||Chanda: 4||Chloris: 4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/12/2008 5:22 PM

Faye could do nothing but sit and stare, an eyebrow raised at the two females went at each other.  She had no place in their matters and, much as she would have enjoyed sticking her nose in their business, she didn't figure it was worth it.

She did perk up, however, when Chloris brought to attention the fish.  The Taanre limped over to the bag, favouring one of her front paws, and put her maw to it.  The fish smelled pretty good.

"Thanks," she said, grinning.  Perhaps she could just sit and chat with the male while the other two fought it out.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2008 6:51 PM

Casting a glance over to Chandani and Sea, Chloris shook his head.  "You'll have to pardon my girl... she's a little unstable ever since a little incident she witnessed." He said.  At this, Chanda whirled around and growled at him.  "I am NOT your girl!  And I didn't witness the incident, I was the one that caused it!" She said.  Sea, meanwhile, turned away from the Lucain and to Faye.  "Is your paw all right, Faye?" She asked, suddenly worried.

{Sea: 11||Chanda: 5||Chloris: 5}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/12/2008 7:01 PM

Faye had to roll her eyes at Chanda's outburst.  Like anyone actually cared, right?  Really, she should get over herself.  The Taanre was fast becoming irritated with her.

At Sea's question, Faye's eye widened momentarily before the perfect calm mask settled over her features once again.  "Oh!  ...Yeah, it's fine.  Been like that for a while."  Nonchalantly, the Kuhna twisted her forepaw so the pads were facing up.  The view displayed was of a highly damaged, mangled, crippled paw.  The pads were torn and disfigured, and the toes themselves seemed to all sprout in opposite directions.  "I got into some trouble a while back.  It doesn't hurt."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2008 7:11 PM

Sea looked at Faye's paw and trembled.  Oh, that would be horrible to have a paw that was disfigured like that... "What kind of... trouble?" She asked.  Chanda looked over at the paw and said, "I doubt it was anything as serious as what I... as what I put Lian?¶ through.  No, it's not.  I put Lian?¶ through death..."

"Oh, stop it; Chanda..." Chloris said.  "She can't move on from the past.  She killed a friend of hers, whether on accident or on purpose, and she's never forgiven herself..." He explained.

{Sea: 12||Chanda: 6||Chloris: 6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/14/2008 9:01 PM

Faye had no intention of replying to Sea's question, but Chanda's ignorant reply irritated her just enough that she had to challenge the headstrong Lucain.

"You put your precious Lianae to death?  Oh good deary me!  That must have been HORRIBLE!  It shattered you, I can tell."  She looked down her nose at the female; a difficult task, considering she was much smaller than her converser.  "Tell me your parents jumped off a waterfall to save you.  Tell me you thought your life was so horrible that the only way you could save yourself was through death.  Tell me what it feels to hold death in your paws, only to have it stolen by those you loved most."  She paused for a moment, checking her tone of voice.  It hadn't lost its indifference, and she had no intention of letting it.  "You tell me it's your fault that your parents lives were ripped apart, that it's your fault their bodies lie somewhere in Idalani, at the bottom of the waterfall, their bones strewn amongst the sealife.  Tell me what it's like to be the death of your parents.  Tell me that, you snob, and maybe I'll start respecting you."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/15/2008 2:00 PM

The trio stared at disbelief at Faye.  Sea moved closer to her, as if to comfort, but Chanda's irritated yell halted her for a minute.  "A suicidal, are we?  Well, I might not have caused the death of my parents, but I looked into the eyes of one I had called friend and coldly ended her life.  MY bloodlust could not be contained then." She snapped, turning to run.  It was Chloris, though, who shouted above the quarrelling femmes, that stopped her from doing just that.

"If both of you don't shut up right now, then I'm perfectly fine with leaving you here to bicker amongst yourselves and yell and scream, scaring the poor Wombears off, and I'll take my bait with me and just totally leave you screwed over.  I can bring in enchantresses and socerers to silence you.  Or we can all try to get along now." He said.  Sea walked over to him and whispered something that surprised the Lucain.

"Thank you."

{Sea: 13||Chanda: 7||Chloris: 7}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Faye -- 15

Postby Terri » 01/15/2008 7:30 PM

Faye was struck dumb by Chloris' outburst.  She had taken him to be the quiet one, but apparently he knew how to make himself heard when the time arose.  The Taanre hung her head.  She hadn't been screaming, but her words had held enough venom to poison Jawan.  How had she gotten so out of check?

"Sorry," she mumbled, glaring at Chanda from beneath her brow.  Chloris had a point, and she was rather ashamed of herself for losing control the way she had.  But, hey, Chanda needed to be put in her place.  Even though Faye'd obviously failed in that regard, at least she'd tried.

As Sea whispered into Chloris' ear, Faye's own auds strained forward to hear.  She missed the words, though, and was left puzzled as the thanks was given.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/19/2008 10:58 AM

Chanda glared back at Faye, but she did not glare back for long.  She looked over to Chloris, who was giving her a very hard, very firm look.  "Next time you explode like that, Chanda, you won't be happy with how I handle it." He said, and Chanda rolled her eyes.  "What'll you do, sic Kria on me?"

"Quite possibly." Chloris said.  Sea rolled her eyes, beginning to walk in a different direction from the other three.  "Okay, where are you hiding, little Wombears?" She asked.

{Sea: 14||Chanda: 21||Chloris: 21}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/26/2008 12:53 AM

Faye was tempted to listen in more on the Lucain's argument, but ended up trailing after Sea.  Tenderly picking up a fish in her maw with a grimace and a shudder, she trotted after the Fenling.  What would they do now?  Just sort of...wait?

No way.  The Taanre was far too impatient to just wait.  She cast a glance back at the Lucain, tilting her ears forward to try and catch their bickering.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext