A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

S2: Rebel & Shrewd [Vast Plains]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/03/2012 9:19 PM

Amai & Yuwaraka
[ 1 :: 1 ] || [ 1 :: 1 ]

For a Cavallion to stretch her legs, there was no better place than the vast, open plains. There were usually few holes to worry about - unless the plains had been invaded by a bunch of hole-digging cuniflare -, and few obstacles in the way. Fallen trees or logs were non-existent in the plains, which were dominated by tall grasses. It was, no doubt, the perfect place for any hooved animal to roam. There was just no other word for Yuwaraka to describe it.
"Perfect. Simply perfect, Amai," The cavallion's thoughts radiated to her rider and companion, Amai, who sat bareback behind Raka's withers. "I couldn't agree more, Raka. I'm sure we could find some e-" Before Amai could finish her sentence, Rakka tossed her head, rearing back just slightly as she bounded into a gallop over the grassy plains. Grabbing the cavallion's mane with one hand, Amai laughed excitedly, as she cried out to her companion, "Raka! You should warn me before you do that!" The cavallion fae whinnied warmly, which was her own way of laughing. "Sorry!" She chimed as Raka continued her charge onward. Amai had no problem with it, of course. She couldn't blame Raka for wanting to do so. "Haha! It's fine! Keep going for it, Raka! Go, go!" Leaning forward, Amai put her head close to Raka's neck, allowing her flowing mane to whip around her face. She could hear the thundering hooves beneath her. The sound of the grass swishing around Raka's legs. The whistling of the wind in her ears. It was a feeling of no compare. It was the ultimate feeling of freedom, to be flying across the ground with unequaled grace. Amai knew, however, that flying at this speed wouldn't let them catch sight of any eggs. For now, though, she was enjoying the freedom, and she could feel Raka's tension releasing quickly beneath her. Raka was enjoying the freedom, as well.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

[1] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/04/2012 1:20 AM

[ wohflrfhlierhgl sorry sorry sorry homg this is probably gonna suck HARD but I don't want to leave you hanging until tomorrow night. :'| Also just to clarify, both human forms. ]

ImageImage

"Heehee! Wheeee! This is like being on a picnic!"

This is worse than torture, the Mooncheeka thought to himself as he watched the Suncheeka bouncing around excitedly, as if this were the greatest time of his entire life. Of course, everything was exciting to Oscar, the Suncheeka, so William, the Mooncheeka, wasn't all that surprised. He was, however, fairly annoyed at the display of excitement his companion portrayed.

The red-haired boy skipped around some more before eventually stopping by a tree. "This is so exciting! William!" he turned around quickly, almost twirling all around in place. "So why are we here? You never invite me for anything usually!" The boy snapped his fingers. "Oh! Do you want to be BFFs again?!"

William grimaced as he caught on to Oscar. "No," he replied harshly and without hesitation. "I brought you here to help me with something."

"Ohhh! You never ask me to help you with anything, either! Exciting!"

"Sure. See, we're looking for strange eggs. We can get a reward if we find many of them. So—" But before he could finish explaining everything, the red-haired boy — whom looked barely twenty years old — was already dashing away on his own. "Oscar!" William called out, running after him.

Unlike the black-haired man — who looked older than Oscar by a good few years — Oscar had noticed someone nearby! Someone on a horse, whom was coming quickly over this way. They were on a mission, right? So the more, the merrier! "Heeeeeey!" he called out to the woman and her Cavallion as he waved his arms and jumped a little in place. "Hi, we're looking for eeeeeeeggs! Want to help uuuuuuus?!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: S2: Rebel & Shrewd [Vast Plains]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/04/2012 6:26 PM

[ There's no rush ^^' Any amount of posts counts! ]
Amai & Yuwaraka
[ 1 :: 2 ] || [ 1 :: 2 ]

Amai let Raka run to her heart's desire. It had been some time since the cavallion had been able to stretch her legs, so this was a due reward anyway. At the back of her mind, Amai knew that she had come out here for the real reason of finding eggs for the poor cuniflare who'd lost them, but the excitement of the run was just enough to take her mind off the deed at hand. And, of course, Raka wasn't have any problem with that at all.

Raka must've been going pretty fast, because Amai could almost swear she heard the wind speaking. No, it wasn't the wind. It was a person! What startled Amai most was that Raka was heading straight for them. "Whoa, Raka!" The young woman cried out, shifting her weight back to help Raka balance out. Ears pricking back, Raka, herself, was startled as she shifted her eyes from the horizon to the the two figures coming ever close. "Yikes!" Whinnying in surprise, Raka anchored her haunches down, coming to a sliding halt before the two strangers. One who looked very excited.

"Um," Amai was a bit taken by surprise at the enthusiasm of the stranger. Especially since neither of them knew each other. Not wanting to be rude, she pulled herself out of her surprise. "Well, I happen to be looking for eggs, too. Well... I mean, once Raka here stretched her legs a bit." "A bit?" Raka's thought-speech connected with Amai, but Amai only smiled, rolling her eyes to herself. She quickly continued, proceeding to answer the red-haired young man's question, "If you're looking for eggs, too, then we'd be happy to help." Despite being strangers, Amai couldn't pass up the chance to help, not to mention, they would really be helping each other. "I'm Amai, by the way. And, this is Yuwaraka, but you can just call her Raka for short." Raka dipped her head in a 'hello', but remained silent, ears pricked forward towards the two new comers.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/04/2012 7:57 PM

The fact that neither group knew each other was just a minor detail to Oscar. The fact he had literally gotten in the way of the rider and her Cavallion was also just a detail for Oscar. Basically, everything was just a detail!

"Hi! I'm Oscar!" he introduced himself once the two groups were closer together. Before his partner could even say anything, Oscar dragged William closer with his arm, wrapping it around the other's neck. "And this is William! We're brothers!"

At the last comment, William quickly pulled away from Oscar's grip and scoffed at him, glaring as hard as he could, in silence.

"Half-brothers," Oscar corrected, still in the same happy, hyper voice. "And you're looking for eggs too! That's awesome! I have no idea what they look like, but an egg's an egg, right?" He then got closer to Raka, bending over a little and tilting his head up at the mount. "And you have a horse! That's so cool! I've had pets before, but I've never had a horse!"

Only now did William realize that bringing Oscar along had been a bad idea. Had he taken this mission alone, he would've simply hunted for the eggs on his own, and everything would've been dandy. Now, he had to babysit Oscar to make sure the kid wouldn't end up running under that Cavallion's hooves.

While the half-brother was busy flashing his short-attention span at the poor stranger, William was rubbing his forehead. "Can we please get back to what we're here for?"

"Oh, okay!" Oscar answered as if he were working on commands, straightening up and turning to Amai this time. "So where do you want to start looking? Have you found any? Are there a lot?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/05/2012 1:30 PM

Amai & Yuwaraka
[ 1 :: 3 ] || [ 1 :: 3 ]

Amai couldn't help but smile at the excited fella who'd introduced himself as Oscar. He appeared to be quite the energetic one. Nodding her head to the both of them as Oscar introduced his brother, Amai took note that the one named William wasn't at all like his brother - correction, half-brother.

Raka was a bit, well, concerned about the excitement of Oscar. It didn't quite click well with her that a person could be this out-going to a complete stranger. Amai didn't mind, however. She could resist a small chuckle as Oscar went on and on, barely giving any time for Amai to respond. Stroking Raka's neck beneath her mane, Amai patiently waited for her turn to speak as the red-haired man continued to ramble on. "Why, thank you," Amai managed to get out at some point, referring to Raka, her horse. Amai never really liked to think of Raka as just a horse. There was a deeper companionship there between Amai and Raka. Raka wasn't animal-minded. Rather, Raka was very intelligent, and shared thoughts, feelings, and ideas just like any person would.

Finally, William appeared to reign Oscar back in to the task at hand. Raka was a bit relieved, though Oscar wasn't any less energetic. At the line of questions directed towards Amai, she had to catch them carefully from the energetic man. Deciding with the extra company it be best to travel on foot, Amai slid off her mount, Raka standing square so as to not lose her balance. As Amai did so, Raka took the liberty of answering, reaching her thoughts out to the two men. "We haven't found anything as of yet." Amai stepped next to Raka's head, smiling a bit sheepishly. "We haven't exactly been looking, yet," she said with a bit of a grin. "I'm sure we can start anywhere, though. I'm not sure how many there are to find, but we may as well just start looking around. Anything could be hiding out here in this tall grass."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[3] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/05/2012 1:59 PM

The fact Amai was willing to look for eggs with them excited Oscar immensely. So, of course, it almost made him explode, literally, when Raka used her thought-speech abilities to speak to the both of them.

Oscar let out an excitement, high-pitched squeaking noise when he heard Raka speak, whereas William simply looked in the Cavallion’s direction, but without looking particularly impressed. Telepathy wasn’t exactly an unusual method of communication in their little world, so it wasn’t surprising for an animal to use it. “Ahhh, he speaks!” Oscar peeped out like an overly excited child who seemingly had no attention span. Even though the topic had reverted back to finding eggs together, the red-haired kid could only focus on the horse. “That’s so cooooool! Can I pet you?!”

”Oscar,” William called out sternly, now turning to the boy instead of the horse.

With a sheepish, excited smile, Oscar turned to William. “Can I pet him after I’ve found an egg, then? Oh! There’s probably a bunch over there!” And without any warning, Oscar ran off on his own in a general direction, towards a small bunch of shrubs growing nearby.

William seemed calm enough, despite the fact the child had just ran off on his own. Oscar could take care of himself, really. He looked like a child, physically, but he was actually just a little bit younger than William himself. “Do you have any leads as to where those eggs are hidden?” And so, for once, he was speaking to Amai, instead of just looking or staring at her. Despite this being an egg hunt, that didn’t mean you couldn’t have leads of some sort.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/05/2012 4:34 PM

Amai & Yuwaraka
[ 1 :: 4 ] || [ 1 :: 4 ]

At Oscar's overly-excited reaction to Raka's gift, her ears dared to flatten, quite a bit insulted. Oscar had called her a he! She didn't look all that burly, did she? Raka suddenly came to be a bit self-conscious, wondering exactly why he had called her a him, instead of correctly referring to her as a her. Amai quickly quelled Raka's concerns with a comforting hand upon the mare's neck. The young woman managed to hold back a little laugh at Oscar's excitement. Truthfully, she enjoyed his child-like nature. Though, she could easily tell that William wasn't the same way.

At the mention again of petting Raka (Oscar once more referring to her as a him), Amai opened her mouth to answer, but had no time. Before she knew it, Oscar was running off excitedly, going to search for eggs. Raka's head sagged a bit as she watched the boy leave, still a bit perturbed about the comment of being a him. "It's alright, Raka," Amai reassured with a smile. "He didn't mean anything by it." "I'm still a her, though," Raka protested.

Amai looked back to William as he spoke to her, asking her of the eggs. She thought for a moment, but couldn't recall any actual leads for eggs. All she knew was that a cuniflare had lost a bunch of them. She hated not having a direct answer, but she could only say the truth. "I'm afraid  not," she said, slightly dismayed. "I don't think the cuniflare missing the eggs really specified where they could possibly be at. I'm afraid it's just a wild guess as to where to look." She glanced over to the direction Oscar had been heading. "Perhaps Oscar has the right idea, though, albeit a bit over-excited," Amai finished with a smile. Oscar's excitement just seemed to radiate into happiness for Amai. She enjoyed seeing others having such fun, which is why she felt just slightly awkward around William. He didn't appear to be having as much fun as Oscar. "You, um... Certainly seem to have your hands full with him."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[4] [4]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/05/2012 7:18 PM

William grumbled at Amai's answer, if only because they were both in the same predicament. Like her, he had no idea where to look for those eggs, and running around like a headless chicken was far from being his cup of tea. "It's a guessing game, then," he answered with a disappointed sigh, but without adding anything else.

William was watching Oscar crawling and wiggling about by the shrubs when Amai mused that maybe the kid had the right idea. It took a little effort on William's part not to let out a scornful laugh. What other reason had he brought Oscar along? The kid would do all the hard work, while William would settle for the rest. Oscar would gladly help, and he wouldn't catch on any time soon that he'd basically been tricked into doing all the hard work.

And he, personally, couldn't believe that Oscar hadn't gotten on either of the stranger's nerves by now. Although, he had noticed the Cavallion getting tense, so maybe the idea of a hyperactive kid petting her had unsettled Raka. It was of little concern to William, but he could only find Amai's last comment amusing — for lack of a better word. "I wish I only had my hands full with him," he answered harshly, hinting that his relationship with Oscar was more than it looked like.

While they were busy talking, Oscar eventually came running back, a shining egg with unusual colors and mysterious markings all over it. "Heeeeey! I found one!" he exclaimed happily as he joined up with the group again, flashing the egg. "Can I pet the horse now?" he asked excitedly right away, first looking at William, then at Amai, then back at William.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/06/2012 9:18 AM

Amai & Yuwaraka
[ 2 :: 5 ] || [ 2 :: 5 ]

The young woman shrugged a little hopelessly at William's response, unable to offer any condolences for the predicament. She really didn't mind guessing to find the eggs. It just meant more time spent with Raka and the outdoors, both of which she enjoyed being around. Obviously, though, William didn't share the same feelings - or, so it appeared.

Raka's ears dared to try to flatten again, against her better nature, at William's harsh response. She didn't like the way he responded to Amai, and she openly snorted to reveal that, tossing her head in an irritated manner. Amai merely dismissed it, deciding that she didn't know enough about either of the strangers to understand their situation. Gladly, Oscar came running excitedly over with an egg, and it, thankfully, enabled Amai to show her smile again. "Way to go!" She offered in congratulations. Glancing to Raka, Amai nodded her head slightly to be sure it was alright for Oscar to pet her. Though still a bit bothered at being called a he, Raka wasn't one to purposefully make someone unhappy, and she truly didn't mind being petted. Nodding her head in response, Raka stepped closer to the boy, lowering her head slightly to allow it.

"Raka doesn't mind it," Amai said to Oscar as she placed a hand on Raka's neck. "If you'd like to pet her," she began, putting some emphasis on the word 'her', "then, you're more than welcome to." She glanced to William, however, to be sure that he was fine with it. Amai didn't exactly want to make him more... unpleasant than he already was. "Just be careful not to get under my hooves, hm?" Raka, almost playfully, warned to Oscar, hoping he wouldn't be too excitable around her.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[5] [5]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/06/2012 7:16 PM

Whether Raka had disliked his response or not, didn't matter to William. Their encounter would last for only a few hours, at best, as they searched for those eggs. Afterwards, they would most likely never meet ever again. There was no reason for him to be friendly beyond respectful politeness. Just plain courtesy, in a sense.

Oscar kept the egg tightly clenched around between his arm and his chest as his free hand reached out to the Cavallion. "Ohhh, it's so soft!" he squeaked as he ran his hand through Raka's mane, not particularly familiar with horses. "I never really got close to a lot of horses before!" At Raka's friendly warning, Oscar blinked and tilted his head. "Well, that would really be awkward to pet you from under your hooves, so I guess I better be careful, yeah!" he peeped out with the same hyperactive voice as before as he continued to pet the Cavallion.

While the three were busy oogling over the Cavallion, William started drifting away on his own, walking around slowly as he tried to get a better idea of the area. It was basically just plains, with some trees now and again, and with certain parts dropping down into small trenches. Perhaps there would be eggs in the trenches? He would check it out while Oscar was busy telling his lifestory to Amai and Raka.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate