A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Passing Through {open}

Postby Akida » 10/19/2012 9:59 PM

ImageImage

A large shadow quickly passed over the grounds of the plains. It was an imperial hollowheart and she was carrying something in her claws. It was a large transparent bucket of water and in it was a kuni. She was peering down at the plains through the bottom of the bucket she was carried in. She had never seen this place before and it was amazing to her. Of course, she was a fish so on her own she was limited to places with water.

"Wow Persephone! Look at that!"
The excited kuni splashed and pointed to an oddly green area in the vast dryness. The female hollowheart changed directions and headed for the oasis.

{K: 56 - P: 9}

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Re: Passing Through

Postby Akida » 10/19/2012 11:01 PM

As they glided closer, they could see a pool large enough to hold a garagnir in it. The grasses at the edges were greener and a few shrubs stood out from the uniform grassland.
Kizzai this looks like a nice resting place. Does Kizzai wish to stop for a moment?
Seph spoke solely through thought-speech and somewhat strangely. It seemed like a mix of older english and modern speech at times.

"Oh yes!" was the kuni's reply. "We can have a refreshing swim together and you can soak your wings for a while."
Kizzai's idea is a great one.
The lightly colored hollowheart with almost see-through wings prepared to land on the green grass quickly approaching below.

{K: 57 - P: 10}

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Passing Through

Postby Akida » 10/20/2012 12:44 PM

Seph slowed her rapid descent and kicked up a bit of dust with the flaps of her great wings. She set the kuni in the barrel down gently before steadying herself on all fours momentarily. Her tail hit the grass with a soft thud kicking up more dust.

Kizzai peered at the water for a moment before asking Persephone to lower her bucket a bit into the pool. The hollowheart took the handle of the clear container in her mouth just before lowering it halfway.
Is this enough for thee, Kizzai?
She swam left and right in the safety of the bucket, looking below the surface. She tried to see if anything would would be dangerous to either of them.

{K: 58 - P: 11}

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Passing Through {open}

Postby wave3girl » 11/01/2012 3:17 PM

Gian was hopping along on this nice day. The flowers were swaying in the wind when the wind puffed up. Looking around this valley her   She was happy to be outside again after her long recovery. She had her hurt left back leg this summer and has had to try and keep still in an every busy home.
Now that she is walking around she can finally herself. Gian had seen a flying creature a few minutes ago. There are a lot of them out her or so she was told. I wonder who she will find...

((Sorry for taking so long, I was busy with mid-terms.))

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Postby Akida » 11/11/2012 1:01 AM

(That's ok. Ah good ol school days.)

"It looks good!"
At that moment she leapt out of the bucket and into the pond, splashing Persephone as she did so.

The hollowheart placed the bucket in the shade of a nearby shrub then proceeded to wade into the cool, shallow water. She stood in the center and surprisingly the water made it just up to her glowing heart.
Tis nice Kizzai. Very nice. A break much needed from the heat.

The little Kuni surfaced and smiled up at her companion.
"Isn't it? And convenient too since we're headed to the desert. Im excited about seeing it."
And I am not..
Kizzai giggled at the hollowheart. The two were oblivious, for the moment, to anyone else who may have been in the surrounding area.

(Suckfull post I know >_<)
{K: 59 - P: 12}

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/12/2012 2:50 PM

Hopping a lot lightly, trying not to strain her back leg. Gian was looking around at the scenery. Trees, shrubs, and a little water feature. "I was getting a little thristy," she exclaimed skipping down to the water. She starts humming an old tune her owner had once song to her this summer.
" This is the man all tattered and torn; That kissed the maiden all forlorn," she sang coming up to a stream. The stream was cool and inviting as she drank from it. The flower fluff by flowers near by tickled her nose. She sneeze an awful big sneeze for a little Cuniflare. "I hope it was not THAT loud." she murmured.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 11/22/2012 4:24 AM

Kizzai swam happily in circles and twists around Persephone. The hollowheart indulged her by making changing obstacles with her tail, wings and limbs.

She paused for a moment listening to something on the wind. Was that a voice? She hadn't seen anything or anyone on their flight here. She shook her head of it, but caught another word or two. Or was it a few? Either way there was definitely someone nearby.
Kizzai. I believe we have a bit of company...
There was no urgency or warning in her tone. Just a simple fact stated. The kuni popped her face above the water.
"Where?" she looked around, "I don't see anyone.."
She splashed and continued her exercise.
I will keep watch then. They are not too far...that much I can sense.
"You do that. I'll be here if you need me."

With that, the hollowheart waded out of the pool. She shook most of the water off her scales and flapped her enormous wings a few times. She decided she would stay on the ground and face the stranger if they decided to come straight to the pool. The wind Was dry and the sun was hot, but that was nothing. They were pretty close to the desert anyway. Persephone kept a watchful eye out for the stranger.

{K: 60 - P: 13}

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/26/2012 9:21 AM

"That milked the cow with the crumpled horn; That tossed the dog that worried the cat, That killed the rat that ate the malt; That lay in the house that Jack built." She sang to herself. This was not her usual rhyme she sang but it was an odd song for a perfectly odd day.  She kept singing to herself as if she was the only one around. She was a beakon of sound in a almost quiet place. "That married the man all tattered and torn, That kissed the maiden all forlorn~"

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 11/27/2012 3:59 AM

Kizzai could now hear what sounded like a song. She stopped her circles and peered over the water's surface. She would put her faith in Persephone for she was a being capable of great things.

Persephone could now pin point where exactly the sound was coming from. She debated with herself whether or not to reach out to the stranger. The singing sounded innocent enough, but who really knew? She lay in a crouched position, her head following the direction of the voice slowly.
Shall I reach out to them or shall we stay hidden?

Kizzai was a bit unsure herself, but that disappeared quickly as she answered her companion quietly, "We'll give them a few more minutes. Maybe they're already headed toward this water source. It is the only one we've seen in a while y'know.."
The hollowheart simply nodded and lay in wait for just a few more minutes.

{K: 61 - P: 14}

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/27/2012 3:20 PM

Gian was still humming to herself when we was continuing her sips of water. It was fresh and cool unlike  the city water.  City water tasted like florine at it's best. This was a rare treat.
"This is the man all tattered and torn; That kissed the maiden all forlorn" She sang hopping  to follow the stream down. Where there is a stream a body of water would be and fresh food around it most times. It was a simple fact.
Did she just hear somthing? It can't be. There isn't many creatures around here. Her eyes widen looking around.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate