A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Ch. 3 Relocation [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2013 7:26 PM

What the hell was I supposed to tell him? Gandalf didn‘t cover this in ‘Samantha‘s Cover Story 101.’ “Er…um…you could call it foresight, I guess. I do know what’s…going to happen.” Was I allowed to tell him any of this? Was I even allowed to discuss it? Gandalf wasn’t here to advise me, and I doubted Aragorn would mind if Legolas knew, at least.

“So then, you can tell us how this quest ends.”

“I can’t.” I shook my head, folding my hands carefully.

“And why is that?” he queried softly, keeping his voice carefully neutral.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2013 7:27 PM

“How do I put this…? Er, well, let’s just say that I’m afraid of ruining what might happen.” At his puzzled expression, I tried to elaborate. “Let’s say you were going to walk down some stairs. But you knew that when you reached the fourth stair, you would trip, and break your arm . You take great care to avoid the fourth step, but when you reach the fifth, you slip and fall and break your neck instead.” Legolas looked slightly ill at my phrasing, but nodded nonetheless. “Sometimes knowing what can happen, and trying to alter it, can have even worse consequences than your initial actions. So knowing what is going to happen may make things worse than they should be. And I don’t want that.” My gaze drifted past him, to where Boromir slept peacefully on his side. “For anyone.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2013 7:27 PM

Legolas followed my gaze, but if he suspected that my words had anything to do with Boromir, which I think he did, he wisely said nothing. “It makes a good deal of sense, I suppose,” he agreed quietly. “I can only hope your knowledge of the future will keep you safe. I fear the remaining fellowship and I cannot look after you all of the time. We have other things we must worry about. I saw that you had a sword; I suggest you learn to use it as soon as possible.”

He briefly patted my hand in a comforting gesture reminiscent of Aragorn. “I heard that Boromir agreed to teach you. Have him do so at the first opportune moment. I shall help, if I can.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/25/2013 7:28 PM

I rose to go, careful not to make too much noise. “Thank you, Legolas,” I murmured, wondering, briefly, why he didn’t ask more of my own world. None of them had, and I found it strange (though I knew Gandalf was curious about it and would probably bombard me with questions the moment he had time). Perhaps they merely accepted it. They lived in a land of magic and wonders, things that the people back home couldn’t even imagine. Walking, talking trees, elves, hobbits, dwarves, balrogs, dragons, magical rings; they were all things that were so strange to me, but so normal to them. Perhaps one small, insignificant world hopper wasn’t worth much more notice than a few eyebrow raises.

“Goodnight, Samantha. Sleep well,” the elf replied, touching his heart briefly and inclining his head.

“Goodnight, Legolas. You too.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous