A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: A Whole New World [Private, Psi Five]

Postby GrayGriffin » 10/20/2013 3:05 PM

"Anyways, they didn't find me there," said Lucky. "Some guy came by claiming to be my father and they just released me to him." He rolled his eyes. "I was too out of it to protest, naturally. I don't really remember what happened next...I remember being taken into this place and then taken out of it again, and lying on some hard bed...and some pain...and someone asking me questions...but it all seems like a dream."

"Yeah, we were pretty freaked out to learn that Bowdler took him," said Eddie. "And then we called the number Thruston had given us and couldn't reach him. So we went back to the last place they'd been keeping us...and, well, the guy had a hidden knife on him. We just saw the aftermath of what happened. It was...very bloody." He rubbed his scar slowly.

"So, well...we had to figure out what to do on our own. With one of our number missing, and people potentially stalking us everywhere...and we couldn't even go back to the fancy hotel!" said Martin, raising a paw to his forehead in an expression of mock grief.

"It's a good thing we were pretty close to the Chinatown where Uncle Ray lived!" added Dennis. "And, well...that's when we ran into you."

"But I still only have a little fraction of that story," pointed out Livy. "Even if most of your actions then make much more sense now. That's why you were so clumsy at dinner, right?" she asked, directing the question at Martin. "Worrying about your friend?"

"Yeah. That's it."

[28, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 10/20/2013 3:29 PM

"Well...after you decrypted the files for us, they were pretty much gibberish still," said Martin. "A whole bunch of business terms about deals and contracts and budgets. I'm still surprised Trash knew so much about it."

"My dad lives and breathes business. I naturally picked it up," replied Eddie, waving a paw dismissedly. "Anyways, we decided the best course of action was to start destroying stuff that Bowdler had developed and sold. Discredit him, and he'd be much more open to negotiation. Businesspeople get so cooperative once you start threatening their money flow."

"I got to drive!" added Martin.

"Wait, what?" demanded Philip. "I thought you didn't have a license! And you weren't even of age when that happened, were you?"

Martin shrugged again. "My sister took me out a few times. It was fine.'

"We nearly died," countered Eddie.

[29, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 10/21/2013 2:35 PM

"Because everyone else was driving crazily!" replied Martin. "I was perfectly fine going along!"

"He's still not driving any of us anywhere anymore," muttered Eddie. "Anyways, we messed up a bunch of Bowdler's big projects-most of them were probably scams, so we were doing people a favor anyways. Then we got back and waited for Bowdler to call. Waiting for the other party to make first contact shows you have power over him."

"Yeah, it was cool!" agreed Dennis. "I found this field that seemed like it would work well for a meeting. Not too crowded and not too isolated either. And Trash got him to agree exactly to meeting there!"

"Of course," said Willis. "Bowdler still had the disruptor. Luckily, the thing Torchie stole-

"Borrowed!"

"-turned out to be an EMF pulse. One push of the button and it knocks electronics right out. Too bad he'd been playing around with it a bunch and nearly drained the battery completely."

[30, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 10/21/2013 4:09 PM

"So we needed to get close up. And as far as anyone could tell, I was the only one Bowdler hadn't seen before. But since he'd found Lucky, people thought he might have our photos from somewhere."

"And that's why we got the skirt for him!" said Martin. Livy shook her head.

"Why didn't you tell me what you really needed it for?" she asked. "I'd gladly have done something like that to help you out!"

"We couldn't send a girl into such a dangerous si-"

"Really?" she said, her dark brown eyes now burning holes into Martin's. "After you risked all that danger to yourselves, when you were younger than me? Besides, as someone without any psychic powers, shouldn't I have been in less danger?"

He backed slightly away from her. "W-w-well...we were also kind of wary about sharing our powers in the first place! You're the first person we've told voluntarily!"

[31, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/02/2013 3:28 PM

"Okay, fine, I guess I can understand that," she said, forcing herself to settle down. "Still, in the future, you need a distraction, you can ask me, alright?"

"I hope we won't need something like that ever again," replied Eddie. "It was actually really nerve-wracking, watching Torchie run up there in just a wig and skirt and hoping he'd be fine."

"Then you guys pretended to have lost my pants," protested Philip.

"It was a perfectly acceptable form of humor in those circumstances," retorted Willis.

"Guys, that's not really important to our story," Martin pointed out. "We got up and close to Bowdler, and Trash started showing off how he could still use his powers."

[32, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/02/2013 3:33 PM

"But then-oh god," whispered Eddie, rubbing his forehead again. "I can't say this next part. He had...he had...he had a hand grenade. He said it'd go off the instant he let go of the handle after pulling out the pin. He started saying that all our families were going to die if we didn't let him go. He..he shoved the grenade down Lucky's shirt."

"It was really scary," agreed Philip. "But then Trash figured out just how to solve it! He used his powers to make Bowdler not be able to let go of the grenade! And then Cheater went up and read his mind and knew that he was lying about our families dying!"

"His eye twitched whenever he lied anyways," said Dennis casually. "And he had such a filthy mind."

"So...yeah, it was fine then," said Martin. "We got Lucky away from him then."

"I think he drugged me before dragging me there, but it wore off enough for me to be able to help find the lost pin," added Lucky.

"And then he put it back in the grenade and Trash dragged it into the air far away from us and made it explode!" exclaimed Philip.

[33, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items