A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Are You Prey? [Open to all]

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/20/2015 10:13 PM

Himbit had, admittedly, been very concerned with this new showing of teeth. Himbit froze for a moment, then fidgeted a little until his mouth finally opened, a thing that had been hidden to invisibility until then, to reveal his own several rows of sharp teeth in response. He made a light cackling sound that sounded birdlike, then closed his mouth back to his more placid appearance, reaching his hands up to try to grab onto the Serraptor's mane, which was very far from his tiny hands. He 'woooo'ed softly, hoping she would lower down to let him onto her back, if that was her intention.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby RiDragon » 01/21/2015 9:34 AM

Sharpclaw was very impressed with the creature's teeth, making impressed chirps as Himbit revealed them.  She took a moment to realize what he was trying to do, as to her he was just.. Randomly flailing.  Luckily she realized he was trying to get on her, and she obliged and lowered her body down.  She comfortably tucked her legs under her body, almost like a cat, and lowered her head to the ground, purring softly to make sure Himbit knew it was okay.  "Hold tight."  She murmured.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/25/2015 9:53 PM

Himbit quickly clambered up onto her back, his tiny hands balling in her feathery mane. He blinked at her purring, glancing down at her shoulderblades as he barely vibrated on top of her from the rumbling. He made a hiccuping trilling noise that sounded like a laugh, and he nodded his head up and down, lightly kicking her with his small heels to indicate he was ready for her to start running. At least, he hoped so. He'd never actually ridden something that had wanted him to be on its back. As for the shadow creatures on the outskirts of the plains... that was another story entirely.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2015 10:51 AM

The raptor stretched out her legs a bit, sighing deeply as her back made a satisfying crack.  Last time she forgot to stretch her legs tensed up mid run and caused her to tumble a few feet, wouldn't wanna do that while someone was riding her.  She dug her claws into the hard ground, and broke into a run.  Claws pounding the ground, she let out a happy roar as she sped across the landscape.  She just barely reminded herself someone was on her, and slowed down a bit just to be safe.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/30/2015 10:31 PM

Himbit was bumping up and down with the force of the creature moving underneath him. He made a surprised noise, holding tight to her fur, keeping as close to her shoulders as possible to avoid falling off. Well, he decided, squinting as she roared, this was certainly a faster mode of transportation than walking. He opened his mouth wide and let out a kind of melodious little screech, then snapped it closed and giggled, squinting against the wind as Sharpclaw ran forward. He trilled in her ear, opening his eyes a little to see as he tried to look for landmarks, then blinked as he saw a tall rock in the distance. He reached out to lightly tug at the feathers near the left side of her face, indicating her to turn left.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/01/2015 10:11 AM

Sharpclaw trilled in response to Gimbit's happiness, enjoying the ride as much as he did.  It was nice to finally be with another creature that she could communicate with.  As she ran, she felt a tug on her feathers.  It took a second for her to realize it was for a turn.  She dug large claws into the ground to slow herself, sliding a bit before coming to a stop.  While she could run straight for miles very quickly, it was a bit hard to turn, especially if someone who could get hurt is on!  She turned her body, then broke into another sprint, purring gleefully.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/06/2015 12:26 PM

Himbit could feel the ease and happiness radiating off the other creature, and it assured him that he was very likely quite safe on top of her. He patted her head for good measure, a happy trill escaping him, before his eyes locked on a tall, dead tree in the distance. He pointed rapidly at it, making excited wooing noises. That was his house! That was where he stayed! That enormous tree that had been dead for so many years looked like an oasis at this point. He kicked his legs gently at the sides of her head, hoping it would convey that they were going in the right direction.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/18/2015 7:13 PM

Sharpclaw squinted.  A tree?  Trees have not grown around here in..  forever!  Even if it was dead, it was pretty interesting that it still lasted this long in the harsh plains.  She ducked her head to make herself more streamlined and sped towards it, purring happily.  She wondered what Himbit's home was like.  Were there tiny Himbits everywhere?  That would be cute.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate