A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Are You Prey? [Open to all]

Postby RiDragon » 01/02/2015 11:56 PM

-Darn, this site is dead, I hope someone joins..  If not I might just RP by myself.-
Racial/Color Traits: Dash, Plains Dweller, Extended Claws, Luminescent (bioluminescence)
Passive Traits: Disease Immunity (Biolune), Speedy Healer (Biolune)
Battle Traits: Burst Spin, Divert Attention, Dodge, First Initiative, Outmaneuvered
Diet Traits: Carnivore, Photosynthesis
Personality Traits: Chaotic Mind, Chatterbox, Explorer, Expressive, Extrovert, Feigned Innocence, Glutton (Food), Hyper, Mean Ol’ Jerk (Sometimes), Mischievous, Persuasive, Wanderlust
Physical Traits: Classification Nightmare (Fungus/Plant/Reptile), Climber, Evasive, Keen Vision, Keen Scent, Leaper, Night Vision, Photosensitivity, Petite Figure, Spider Climb,
Social Traits: Silent Shadow, Tracker, Track Cover

It was dark outside, the sun was finally down.  A slight chill blew across the plains.  The perfect time to come out.  A figure peeked from a cave, nostrils flaring.  Hungry.  There was a flash of luminescence as a raptor-like shape darted from it to the cover of a spindly bush nearby.  She was smaller than her brethren, but that made her faster.  Another sniff to test the air.  Was there anything near?  Maybe.  She darted from her cover, her head quickly twitching back and forth to look for any sort of prey.  Want food.  She broke into a sprint, long claws digging into the soft ground with every push off the earth.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Are You Prey? [Open to all]

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/03/2015 12:42 AM

[Been awhile since I've RPed pet form *cracks knuckles* Let's do this. FYI the creature that Himbit represents actually looks much more like this, but heyyy lolol. Kind of a bird thing. xD]

It seemed something else was moving around the plains this time of night. Himbit raised his head, large eyes bright and alert, to stare up at the rising moon. It definitely was well past dusk, now, which had been the time when Himbit had set out on his little excursion. But he'd gotten sidetracked, following the footprints of something quite large and reptilian, and here he was, wandering out in the middle of the plains with not much idea what direction home was in. It didn't quite occur to him that he could just follow the footprints back, anyway. And to think, he'd set out to just find a replacement part for his weapon. This little excursion had gone quite awry, he had to admit.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby RiDragon » 01/03/2015 10:39 AM

((Extremely happy that you joined hehe <3  Also that's really cute, did you draw those?))

The raptor continued to run, her feathered tail streaming out behind her.  She realized, a bit late, that any prey would be scared away by her approach before she even was able to be aware of them herself. Stupid. She slowed herself, sliding across the earth due to momentum before coming to a stop, dirt flying everywhere.  Right, it was best to sneak up on prey.  She turned her nose upwards, sniffing the air tentatively.  The wind was blowing against her, thus meaning that she could not smell the one who was following her steps.  She growled lowly when she was only able to pick up the scent of dirt and rocks, then contemplated where to search next.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/04/2015 9:10 PM

(Aww thank you! ;v; And yep!)

Himbit had broke into a fast skitter to follow the footprints, curiosity coursing through him. Where on earth did these lead? And to whom? Himbit let out a small trill of excitement before remembering to be quiet, and he clapped his small fingers over his face, large eyes wide. Gotta be quiet. Lots of dangerous stuff on the plains. Himbit picked up the pace again and ran, his nose pointed downwards to follow the prints, so distracted by them that he didn't notice when he ran right up to the Serraptor that had made the prints.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby RiDragon » 01/04/2015 9:59 PM

(You have really cute art!  ^,^)

The reptile let out a surprised shriek as she whipped around, feathers puffed out in fear.  She looked up, expecting some sort of lumbering muscular and angry Battleheart, but was met with an empty black sky.  Making a confused growl, she slowly looked down to see...  What is that?

She bent down, sniffing tentatively.  "Prey?"  She asked, tilting her head.  She inhaled its scent, making odd reptilian sounds as she did so.  Different?  Maybe Poison!  But maybe delicious..  She poked it with a claw to see if it would attack.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/07/2015 5:48 PM

(Ehehe thanks! ;w;)

The moment Himbit knocked into the Serraptor's leg, he bounced back with a thump, hitting the dirt and scrambling to his thin feet. Himbit stared up at her, obviously on his guard.

Himbit's eyes seemed to widen in surprise as the Serraptor bent closer. It didn't seem like a shadow creature... Himbit decided to wait if it would attack. He made a soft wooooo sound of curiosity as a claw poked him in the belly, and he stepped back a bit, squinting at the dinosaur. He really should have brought his weapon, admittedly, but then again, he hadn't expected to get so distracted.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/07/2015 9:48 PM

The large reptile tilted its head curiously, making a curious "chrrup" sound.  She bent down and softly sniffed the small creature, making a small purr sound as she did.  She usually was used to prey running when they saw her, and the fact that the bird-thing wasn't trying to get away made her hunting instincts not trigger.  She cooed softly at it, lashing her tail a bit before attempting to communicate.  "Who?"  She managed to growl out, her voice not used to talking.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/15/2015 12:38 AM

Himbit seemed to wait very patiently as the Serraptor inspected him, even raising his small arms, as if he was being investigated. Himbit stiffened in surprise as she spoke human tongue, and he waved his arms wildly in surprise. Wooo? Wrrr...? Himbit made soft trilling noises of bemusement, then realized he'd been asked a question. Who... Who was a very broad question. Himbit didn't quite know where to start! Glancing around, Himbit finally dropped to his knees on the dirt and began to scribble out a word in the dirt, wondering if the creature could read. With some difficulty--the dirt was quite hard packed--he wrote out the word 'HIMBIT', though the B looked a little bit more like an eight than anything.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/15/2015 11:09 AM

The lizard was amused by Himbit, making a bit of a chirping/chuckling sound.  She angled her head as he wrote, spinning around quickly so that she could read the odd shapes right-side-up.  She sniffed the ground, confused.  Ah, right, this is text!  She was able to read the letters, albeit slowly.  "Hiiiiimbiiiit."  She sounded out slowly, chirping again in amusement.  She spun back to face him, pointing a claw at herself.  "Sharpclaw."  She stated, the reptile version of a smile on her face.  She at him once more, still quite curious about him.  Also, still a bit hungry

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/15/2015 9:30 PM

Himbit was delighted to find that Sharpclaw could understand his writing, and he chittered excitedly in response to her name. He stiffened visibly as she bared her teeth in a smile, and he shifted nervously on his feet, tapping his small hands together in thought. He made a soft 'wooo' noise in thought, squinting at her, then got down on his knees again to scribble out words in the dirt. Where is here? Is here near anywhere? I followed your feet all the way out here. Himbit pointed to the dirt, then blinked, his eyes growing wide with dismay to find the prints were withering away from the breeze. Oh, that wasn't good...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/15/2015 9:36 PM

The hyper raptor again did a quick spin so that she could read the scribble on the ground.  She made a confused sound.  Here?  That was a good question.  She hasn't been close to any civilizations for a long time.  Actually, she was pretty sure any group would attack her on sight due to her predator tendencies.  She looked back at Himbit, cooing lowly.  "Here is..  Here is lots of land, flat land, very far."  She looked at the horizon, then spun and looked back to the other horizon.  "Lots of land.  Not much more?  No.  Not much more."  She looked back at the little creature, tilting her head to the side sadly.  "Need to find a place?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/16/2015 1:02 AM

Himbit looked up from his kneeling position to listen to the dinosaur's words. He stood up with a tiny grunt and dusted off his knees, then looked up at her again and nodded quickly. He thought for a moment, then pointed out in the direction he'd come from, approximately. He bounced on his feet and looked back at her, gesturing wildly in that direction, and mimed out the shape of a house around himself to try to articulate to her without writing any more in the dirt. It looked a little painful for her neck to twist in such a way to read it.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/16/2015 12:38 PM

Sharpclaw tilted her head in confusion at what the little bird thing was doing.  Dancing?  Dancing was fun.  She was about to join in when she realized that he was trying to convey a message to her.  She made a slightly confused sound, and looked into the direction that he was pointing at profusely.  "Hrrr.."  She murmured, tilting her head to the point that it was almost upside down.  She walked a few steps towards where he was pointing, then turned back quickly.  "Home?" She grunted as she realized what he was trying to tell her.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/18/2015 8:03 PM

Himbit froze for a moment, then let out a small bursting squeak of excitement, clapping his hands together over his head and dancing around excitedly. Oh, how he loved when communication worked out! It was such an accomplishment, given Himbit's lack of an ability to verbally communicate and most creatures' inability to read. But this, this was progress. This was a potential friend. Himbit was, to say the least, very excited, but he forced himself to calm and nodded his head up and down.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/19/2015 9:25 PM

The raptor smiled widely, exposing slightly frightening sharp teeth.  She didn't mean it to be frightening, of course, but that's the vibe they gave off.  Very sharp and perfect for tearing apart prey.  She cooed gently at Himbit, happy that they were able to communicate with each other.  She pointed with her nose in the direction he had pointed out.  "Help you go?"  She rumbled after trying to make out the right words.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate