A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Let's Have A Race! [Quest, Self. Mature Language] Done

Postby RiDragon » 04/05/2017 5:13 AM

"Let's have a race!"

"A race?"

"A race!"

The two reptilian creatures sat side by side, watching the sunrise together.  They hadn't known each other that long, having only met through a mutual acquaintance a few days prior.  The smaller one, a Biolune Serraptor, was a hyper creature that tried to make as many friends as possible, and the larger Battleheart took a shine to her almost instantly.  There was something about the naive joy and outlook that she had that made the larger one smile and become more optimistic about her.

Now, she was asking for a race.

ImageImage

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Let's Have A Race! [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 04/05/2017 5:19 AM

"Why a race?"  The Battleheart, Cassandra, asked, amusement in her voice.  This little Serraptor that she had met was so full of surprises and fun, it almost made her feel a bit old in comparison.  So full of energy, this one.

"Why not?"  The Serraptor countered, smiling slyly.

Cassandra chuckled.  "Why not indeed."  She briefly thought about pointing out the fact that she would most definitely lose, since she was big and the Serraptor was small and much faster.  Cassandra's steps were much slower and deliberate.  She then realized that winning wasn't the point.  The fun of it was the point!  "Alright."  She finally said, looking at her friend who was bouncing from foot to foot.  "Let's race then."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/05/2017 5:24 AM

"Wait!"  The Serraptor yelped, making Cassandra jump a little bit.

"What is it, Sharpclaw?"  She asked, concerned at the sudden outburst.

"Oh, I'm ok, we just need rules first, right?"

"Ah, yes.  Of course."

Sharpclaw tapped her foot on the ground, seeming to be thinking.  It seemed like she was thinking a bit too hard, as her Biolune markings started to glow a bit as her face twisted.  "Uhhh..."  She began, scratching her chin.  "Ok!"  She hopped from foot to foot.  "Now, winning isn't important, mmk?"  She smiled slyly, "so don't feel bad when you lose."  She giggled.

"What about no trash talk?"  Cassandra responded, giving Sharpclaw a fake hurt look.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/08/2017 12:20 AM

Sharpclaw gasped dramatically.  To anyone else, this would have been an obvious show of fake eccentricity, but Cassandra knew from experience and instinct that Sharpclaw truly meant her disdain.  "Oh gosh Cassandra, I swear, I didn't mean it!"

Cassandra went to try to assure the other that it was a joke, but before she could Sharpclaw started pacing around.  "Oh dear...  Please forgive me my friend!  I just wanted to be silly..."

When she finally could get a word in edgewise, the Battleheart quickly assured the other that she was just joking.  It took a minute or two for Sharpclaw to calm down.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/11/2017 7:36 PM

After some coaxing, Sharpclaw was her normal self again.  She bounced from foot to foot, like an idle animation of a video game character.  "Ok, where should it start and end?"

Cassandra hummed, looking across the flat land.  There wasn't much to use as a landmark.  "How about that rock far off over there?"  She asked, pointing to it with a claw.

"The one that kinda looks like a dick?"

"... Yes.  The one that resembles a mammalian phallus."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Let's Have A Race! [Quest, Self. Mature Language]

Postby RiDragon » 04/11/2017 7:39 PM

"Sounds perfect!"  Sharpclaw replied with a sharp toothed smile.  Cassandra wondered if she had a brother named Sharptooth.  That would of been a great idea on their parent's behalf.

"Alright.  So whoever reaches it first wins?"

Sharpclaw thought for a second, then shook her head.  "Whoever reaches there and back wins."

Cassandra nodded.  "Good idea, then we can loop around the rock."

"The dick rock."

"Yes.  The dick rock."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/12/2017 1:59 AM

"Okay!"  Sharpclaw wiggled her tail and crouched down on the ground, grinning wildly.  "Are you ready, freddy?"

"You know that is not my name."

Sharpclaw rolled her eyes.  "It's an expression!"

"Ah."

"So, are you?"

Cassandra stretched out her back, it cracked satisfyingly as she let out a drawn out yawn.  "Yes, I am."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/12/2017 2:02 AM

"Then let's..."  She pressed her toes into the ground, claws digging into it satisfyingly.  "-Go!"  She shot off like a rocket, leaving a trail of dirt in her wake.

Cassandra blinked a few times, then with a grin followed after the dinosaur.  She was large and heavy, but she could charge like a rhino.  She soon overtook Sharpclaw as her feet thundered over the plains, waking up animals who cawed angrily in her direction before scurrying away.  She grinned at Sharpclaw as they reached the rock.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/12/2017 2:04 AM

Though Cassandra was in the lead, Sharpclaw was close behind.  As they reached the rock, Cassandra dragged her claws along the ground to make the sharp turn around it.  No dice, her momentum was too great, and she slowed down considerably.  Sharpclaw shot passed her, giving her a grin and a wink before already getting halfway to the starting point.

Cassandra grunted, trying to charge and reach her top speed again, but it was too late.  The turn had ruined her speed, and Sharpclaw had already run before she could bring up her momentum again.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/12/2017 2:06 AM

She made her way to Sharpclaw, no longer trying to race.  She gave the other a sly grin as Sharpclaw looked away with a blush.  "You planned that, did you not?"  She asked, amusement in her voice despite the loss.

"Maaaaybe~"  Was the dinosaur's reply.  "I mean, I might've known that while your size and muscle mass allows you to charge super fast, a turn would destroy your momentum would totally give me the edge to win."  She grinned a little.  "If this race had a bit more distance I woulda won anyways though."

Cassandra chuckled.  "I should have known."  Sharpclaw may have been hyper and ditzy, but she sure was smart when she needed to be.

[End]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items