A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Great Minds and Fools Alike {Self, M:L}

Postby Saahs » 08/14/2017 6:06 AM

To that, Hodjarl gave a high-pitched wheeze-- or perhaps even a whistle-- of a chuckle. "Oh my dear, boy," he hootled, looking up at him as he continued to pat down his beard. "I'm just picky. Only so many shops make their products the way I like them, and I don't quite like lowering my standards or changing them otherwise."

He raised a hand to keep Noah from interrupting. "Now-- I know, yes, some of the places I have you go to have been seedier. But you see, my young student, sometimes, cheaper things? Are better." He waggled his eyebrows in Noah's direction, the bushy whiskers flopping up and down. They almost made their own shaking noise, they were so obnoxious.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/14/2017 6:23 AM

Noah let Hodjarl's words sink in while he worked away at his loaf of bread. His eyes trailed back over to the basket thoughtfully, head lilting to the side more and more. After giving it some thought, he delved into his magical sight. And indeed, the basket now had two enchantments on it: one, to make it seem far heavier than it one, and another to make it seem much lighter.

And instead of dispelling the first one, Noah had simply encumbered it with a second charm.

Letting that sink in as well, his eyes wandered down to the grass. He was silent for a few minutes, before enchanting the rest of the dough piles into fully fledged bread loaves. Once that was done, his head tipped up so he could look at Hodjarl. "What if... after I've learned how to apply my magic... you taught me how to make some of those things, how you like them specifically, instead?"

Thinking on what he'd just said as well, Noah realised that was the first time he'd asked to be taught something specifically.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/03/2017 1:27 PM

For a moment he just eyed Noah, and then Hodjarl couldn't help but hootle up an airy storm. The whiskers of white and black under his nose bounced up with each wheezy chortle, as did his pince nez spectacles. "Ooh, oohoo! You can choose for yourself what you wish to learn, after all! Splendid! Marvellous! Wonderful!" With that remark out of the way, he bent down to gather everything back into the basket save for Noah's loaf and a single bottle for him to drink from if he so chose.

"I'm glad my words could move you so, my boy. Shall we not dally another moment, then?" Curling his fingers around the basket's handle, he slowly-- oh, so slowly-- shimmied his way up to his feet, hoo'ing and heaving as he rose. "Those potions won't learn themselves, you know. ... Well, they might, but let's not find out by accident."

Once Noah was situated and standing, Hodjarl started leading him back to their little home and study.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer