A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Put the Kettle On [P, Duskie | M ]

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 5:51 PM

Rexus let a slow breath out from between his grit teeth, his eyes screwed shut as he pulled away. Sucking in a deep breath, he batted his tears away quickly. He signed something, quick and hard. His hands were shaking too much to write, his bottom jaw chattering too hard in order to mouth what he wanted, what he needed, what he wanted to hear from Atlas.

So instead, he left it.

He left the feelings he had never experienced, the memory of the kiss, the soft touches behind his horns, across his hand, he left them all behind as he stood. Signing something again as he turned away to keep his back to Atlas, focusing on the fire which was already blazing brightly, nursing it quietly, letting the burning heat swamp him. The heat was good, the heat warmed his chilled hands, dried up the tears left in his eyes and on his cheeks. The heat gave him something else to focus on, besides the uncomfortable, burning coil in his chest.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 6:09 PM

As Rexus stood up, Atlas let himself occupy the space where he was, he couldn't keep himself upright any longer. He missed the sign, too. He couldn't focus, he was slipping. He watched Rexus' jaw clench, his hands shake with eyes that wouldn't focus. "Rexus, tomorrow," he managed. He needed to stay awake, god damn, even if it was only for a little while.

Atas just managed to reach the glass of water from where he'd set it. He lifted up the edges of his t-shirt, a huge purple-black bruise spreading like spilled ink across his side. He pressed the still cold glass to it. It hurt, but it was soothing too. It kept him going long enough. "I need-- need to talk to you."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 6:34 PM

Rexus stood, inhaling deeply as he nodded gently to Atlas, moving to lay him properly on the sofa. He began to humm a wordless tune as he began tending to Atlas' wounds. The hot coil still burned in his chest, but he could let it out tomorrow. When Atlas was awake and coherent.

For now, for right this moment, he would just tend to the man's wounds. He would just bandage his knees and hands, click his tongue at the bruising on his ribs. He would just do what he could. It hurt, but he would do what he could.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 6:51 PM

"No," he said as Rexus nodded. "I fucked it all up. I can't explain-" He was loosing his grip on the glass, his eyes falling closed. Atlas was aware enough to know he was fighting a losing batttle, that he was becoming totally incoherent, but it didn't stop him. "I- wanted. To die. No, no. Bloody--- After you-- I couldn't."

He could feel Rexus take the glass from him, the chink of it on the side, and gentle hands cleaning some minor wounds. He tried to move, but found he couldn't. the exhaustion having finally taken too much of a toll.

He slept for what felt like an age, the dreams he had were scattered he would remember nothing of. The aches and pains of days of walking and too many injuries drilled away at him until he opened his eyes. The light was orange outside. Sunset? How was it sunset? Where?

He tried to sit up on his elbows and made a small noise of pain. That was no good. He realised he was in Rexus' home. He couldn't quite remember. something awful had happened, he was sure.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 6:57 PM

Rexus had slept on the floor in his albie form, waking up periodically to stoke the fire and shut doors to keep the warmth in the room. It had worked, thankfully. But now, Rexus was asleep on the floor still, his pelt twitching in his sleep before he finally stirred.

He blinked slowly, stretching and shaking out his pelt before he shifted forms, moving to the dying fire again to add more logs. The animals would need feeding. He needed to check Bessie's feet. Andie needed extra sugar beet, she was loosing weight fast. Probably due to the cold. He would need to dig out her coat again.

He ran his hands down his face, sitting on the floor and letting the fire warm him. He heaved a soft sigh, staring at the fire.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 7:28 PM

Atlas saw Rexus shift, but he wasn't noticed in turn. He couldn't quite work out... Rexus. Was here. That was... good? What had happened? It came back slowly, he remembered Rexus crying first of all, before he even remembered, truly, why he'd come to the house and the trouble he was in.

As pieces started to fit together and the heavy feeling in his chest was explained, he groaned. He wasn't even worth being in the same room. Had he--

Oh god, they'd kissed. Oh god. How many more ways could he find to hurt him?

What else was he forgetting?

"Rexus," he managed. He pushed himself up, slower this time.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 7:36 PM

Rexus felt himself jump at the call of his name, his muscles jerking all at once before he calmed himself. He looked over to Atlas, his head tilting lightly in questioning. He moved closer, helping Atlas sit upright, his hands gentle, his movements slow as he slowly sat beside him, offering his form to help keep Atlas upright.

He grabbed the notebook and pen, writing carefully on it. 'Are you hungry? Do you need something to drink?'

He was just hoping that nothing had been ruined after last night.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 7:47 PM

"Are you okay?" He'd reached out to grab Rexus' arm before he realised what he was doing. "Sorry. I'm a bit lost." Atlas pinched the bridge of his nose, wiping the specks of sand from his eyes. "You. I upset you. Shit."

He paused to read the sheet that Rexus had written for him and shook his head, instead he reached for the last dregs of water and the bottle of pain killers on the side. He tipped two out onto his hands and swallowed them. The water was warm, but he didn't care. "I needed to talk to you, I was trying to apologise before I fell asleep last night."

He shook his head, hoping things would re-order themselves correctly. "Am I alright to shower first? I've caused you enough trouble, but I'm in such a state."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 7:51 PM

Rexus nodded gently. He hadn't smiled. He felt he may not smile for a while, but he would at least help. He slowly stood, offering his hands for Atlas to take, to steady him. He wanted to check the wounds the other man was sporting. To bandage and care for, to get what may be the last touch he ever would get of Atlas.

He had no doubt he would be leaving after his shower and explanation.

And next time, Rexus wouldn't let him back in.

But, deep in his chest, a creature cackled in the burning coil, and he knew he would. He knew he would, a thousand times, and a thousand times more.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 8:09 PM

Atlas took it, aware of what damage he might be doing, now. But, on a practical level, he was unsteady on his feet at the best of times. The stairs were an ungainly struggle, but not as bad as he thought between Rexus's support and the banister. Rexus had picked up the other man's bag as he went, so at least he had something passably clean to change into now.

Atlas let go of Rexus to step inside the bathroom, suddenly missing the feeling of his palm against his back. The door was wide open, but he sat on the edge of the bathtub and made no attempt to close it. "Thank you."

When Rexus made no attempt to move, Atlas looked puzzled. "Oh, you...?" he gestured to his the top of his left arm, the worst of the injury obscured by a long-sleeved t-shirt.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 8:14 PM

Rexus simply nodded, moving towards him and motioning to help Atlas remove his shirt. The ribs and shoulder would would probably interfere with that.

Rexus couldn't help his breath hitch as he moved closer. why did he move closer? Why was he so dumb as to do that? He didn't want another reason to cry when Atlas left. Instead, he grit his teeth, trying to ignore the scent of blood, sweat and Atlas. Trying to demote him to a friend.

By the gods he was trying.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 8:22 PM

Atlas felt pathetic. He definitely looked it. He was too burned out to fight the help, and besides, he didn't dare do anything that might have hurt Rexus, not now. The bite was on his upper arm, a slightly bloodied bandage covering it. Atlas undid the tie. It was scabbing over now, a large ring of teeth that you'd have expected to go deeper than that.

He was heavily tattoo'd across his back and lower arms, there was something that looked like a horse skull underneath his left collarbone. He had many small scrapes and bruises, but nothing that required immediate attention, although in the light of day the bruise on his left side looked even worse. He was quite small, his petite build matching his height. Auburn hair tumbled onto his shoulders as he looked up at Rexus, he offered him a tentative smile. "Satisfied?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 8:27 PM

Rexus simply gave a weak, fake smile. He wanted to bury his fingers in the auburn hair, wanted to pull him close to his own chest. To hold him tight and not let go. Instead, he settled for tracing fingers carefully across the wound, tutting softly to himself.

He carefully did what he could. Cleaning and re-bandaging it with whatever would stay for a while. He carefully tied it, motioning Atlas to the shower as he began to step out.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 8:41 PM

Atlas was back to barely being able to meet his gaze. He'd already bitten back the words "I'm sorry" so many times that it was starting to make him sick. He gave another half whispered "thank you" as Rexus left, locking the door behind him.

Atlas stared at himself in the mirror, looking at his face, his red-tinted eyes, the exhausted rings under them, the bruises. He tried to find something in them that was worth a damn, and then slapped himself in the face hard enough for there to be a satisfying smack. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What an idiot.

It had been awhile since he'd wanted to die this badly. He just swallowed it down, there were more important things to do. He undressed. He hadn't realised how important fractured ribs were, god damn.

He showered and shaved, found some fresh-ish clothes from the bottom of the bag. There were his pyjamas, a faded sweatshirt and some sweatpants he was pretty sure he hadn't actually bought, but whatever. He towelled his hair dry and tied it back away from his face. The glasses, which had a crack through one lens, he gave a quick wipe and put back on.

He was feeling a bit better, the face in the mirror was was relieved to discover a bashed-up version of himself rather than a stranger.

Atlas stepped out of the bathroom and made slow progress down the stairs to meet Rexus.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 8:56 PM

Rexus was bent over his notepad, the pages filled with scrawls that had quickly been crossed out, his teeth gnawing on the end of the pen as he thought of the words that he wanted to use. As he thought of what he wanted to ask, what he wanted to say.

He continued to write, his hands beginning to shake as the words poured forth. Eventually, he stopped, sitting back on his haunches with a sigh, rubbing at his eyes.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer