A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Put the Kettle On [P, Duskie | M ]

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 5:24 PM

Atlas smiled softly as Rexus came to wrap his arms around him. He reached up to kiss him, his breath still tasting of cigarette smoke, although Atlas was sure he was no different. He kissed Rexus like he was the only thing left for him in the world, and with the threat hanging above both their heads, in that moment it felt like it was true. He ran his tongue over his teeth, catching on Rexus' canines and not caring.

They were both exhausted, he was sure and hopped up on a quickly fading adrenaline high. His hands were still a touch unsteady as he wove them through Rexus' hair, pulling him down, closer to Atlas' own height.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Put the Kettle On [P, Duskie | M ]

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 6:03 PM

Rexus grunted at the kiss, leaned in deep to it, curled his shoulders as he was pulled down, his hands moving to wrap around Atlas' waist as he pushed him back, pushing him into the counter with a grumble. He pulled away with a growl, his pupils pinpricks in the pale blues.

He tilted his head slightly, nosing at Atlas' jaw, his breath on Atlas' neck. He could smell every inch of him, could taste the thunder of blood under his skin. He wanted to devour him, to never let him free.

After a moment, he pulled back, sucking in a tight breath as if he had been drowning. His eyes clearing as he looked to Atlas with an apology, beginning to pull away.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: Put the Kettle On [P, Duskie | M|E]

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 6:20 PM

Atlas sighed softly as Rexus pushed him into the counter, his hands moving from his hair down his neck and back. As Rexus paused by his jaw, Atlas waited for a trail of kisses that never came. He looked up at Rexus, who seemed almost apologetic.

He always seemed so scared of crossing the line, of hurting him. Various injuries aside, Atlas could take care of himself, and he certainly wasn't averse to Rexus looking at him like there was nothing more he wanted in the world. There was nothing he liked better.

"Don't stop," he said, suddenly aware of how needy he sounded, how desperate. "Please."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 6:39 PM

Rexus felt his mouth go dry, felt an animal urge scream in him. He came closer, his body shifting to crowd the smaller man. It was suddenly painfully obvious to Rexus just how much shorter Atlas was. He bent his head, his hands moving to pull Atlas close to him, tight enough to feel his heartbeat in his own chest.

He was entranced, not by fae magic, not by the blood of the boy he loved, but simply because of how much he wanted this, wanted to feel the heat and the want. He couldn't help but bare his teeth as he pressed them into Atlas' neck, a threat and a promise rolled into one. A growl rumbling through his chest as his hands clawed for purchase in Atlas' shirt.

By the gods, he didn't want to hurt this man, he didn't want to go wild with him. But Atlas made it so hard sometimes.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 7:04 PM

Atlas pressed his hips against Rexus, moving a hand to rest it on the counter top and steadied himself from being jostled too badly. He could feel Rexus' teeth against his neck, his own pulse in his ears, his heart hammering wildly against his chest. His breath was catching in his lungs. It was enough to make him almost dizzy with it. Anything Rexus wanted, he would give. Heart, soul, body. He could keep the change, Atlas didn't mind.

He moved his free hand, still cold from the night air under Rexus' shirt, nails pressed into his back. "Rexus," he said, barely above a whisper. He kissed by his temple, trailing down his jawline and onto his neck.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 7:17 PM

He growled, deep and hard, a sound from the deepest portions of his chest. A sound of warning, of how Atlas was stepping too close to the edge, of how any moment, Rexus would tip over.

"Fuck."

the word was simple, a hushed noise under his breath, pressed into Atlas' skin. Rexus felt his eyelids flutter shut at the feeling of Atlas' cold hand on his hot back, of the nails digging into his skin. He found he wanted more. He wanted so much more.

"Atlas."

The name was a warning, an edge to the name. He didn't want to stop. He didn't want to pull away from Atlas' skin, didn't want to pull out of his needy arms. But more than anything, he didn't want to hurt him.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 8:00 PM

Atlas reluctantly realised he had to make a decision. Practicality over what he really wanted, concern for his health before-- a soft moan escaped as Rexus growled his name and put the thought to the back of his mind. He couldn't focus on anything but Rexus, but pulled away to get a good look at him. His bright eyes were wild, face flushed. Atlas could barely recall when he'd looked more beautiful, a moment where he'd wanted him more.

Atlas' red hair had long fallen undone, and it tangled around his shoulders. "Pl-Please," he said, breathless, and then managed to clarify. "Just," he moved one of Rexus hands under his shirt, finding the spot where he was still faintly bruised. "I'm still sore here. Otherwise, I'm yours." He wondered whether Rexus would come to his senses now, realise what Atlas wanted from him and just... go. No one had ever really mattered like this before.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 8:07 PM

Rexus ran his fingers gently across where Atlas was sore, commiting the place to memory. He slowly moved his hand, letting his palm sweep up to Atlas' chest. He found homself lost, found his instincts lacking. There was fire in his veins and clouds in his skull, but he didn't know what to do.

He licked his lips carefully, his brow furrowing, the fire dousing itself for a moment as he spoke, hoarse and quiet. "I don't know what you need."

He inhaled Atlas' scent again, sending a shudder through his body, making his fingers curl against his chest. "Tell me what you want." He grumbled, low and deep.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 9:02 PM

Atlas remembered something from over a year ago, when he'd been stood in the kitchen with him. Something Atlas had said, some obvious flirtation had gone straight over Rexus' head and Atlas had paused to wonder if there had ever been anyone in his life before. As far as he'd been able to discern, there hadn't been, male, female or anything else. He'd forgotten. Fuck. How fucking inconsiderate was he? To not even think about Rexus, or boundaries, just his own--

Atlas made a decision. "Come upstairs with me," he said. "I'll go over the, uh, particulars and you can tell me if its something you want."

There was a voice at the back of his head telling him they were going too quickly, that he was still too unstable to enjoy himself, that all he was going to do was mess up and end up damaging Rexus, that everything was his fault, forever. He did his best to quash it. He was not being ruled by it any longer.

He reluctantly disentangled himself from Rexus, and headed for the stairs. Watching him to see if he was likely to follow.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 9:27 PM

Rexus watched him move, listened to his words, his pupils blown as he moved after him. He moved like a hunter in the undergrowth, pads of muscle rolling under his skin as he walked. He surpressed the growl that echoed up his chest as he pulled Atlas in close again, leaving a trail of bites and kisses down his neck before letting him go again.

"Show me."

The next morning, Rexus slowly stirred. He could feel the sunlight on his skin. He wondered for a moment by how much he had overslept and decided he didn't particularly care. The bed was comfortable and Atlas was by his side. Rexus turned his head slightly, blinking his eyes open to see Atlas, sleeping and dappled in sunlight.

Rexus grinned to himself at the memory of the night before, the stark, red marks on Atlas' fair skin. He slowly moved an arm to run his fingertips across some of them, trailing down his neck on to his chest. He let his hand lay flat on Atlas' chest, over his heartbeat. He smiled softly at the feeling of his pulse under his palm.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 9:39 PM

Atlas stirred faintly at the touch, tangling his legs with Rexus'. The movement registered as being faintly uncomfortable, and he stirred again, trying to find some peace. He was too tired to move, but a dull ache in his ribs and hips forced his hand. It took him a moment to remember precisely how he'd managed to cause this problem, and then he decided he didn't care.

"Good morning, gorgeous," Atlas said, his words slurring together slightly. "If you expect me to be even faintly useful today you can stuff it." He pushed himself up slowly, letting a measured breath. It wasn't too bad, but he didn't want to aggravate it further.

"Are you all right this morning?" he added, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 10:02 PM

Rexus smiled, pulled at him gently to lay down with him again. His throat was raw, overused. The sheets were tangled around him, but he was delightfully heavy with sleep. Slowly, he shifted to lay on his back, still smiling up at Atlas.

'I love you.'

The signs were slow and lazy, but the smile on his lips said more than his hands or voice ever could. Slowly, he sat up, letting himself grunt softly as he moved in to place a gentle kiss on Atlas' cheek, smiling softly again.

'You can stay in bed all day if you want. I'll be back after I've done my chores.'

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/03/2018 12:50 PM

Atlas smiled. "That definitely wasn't what I asked, but good." The morning light caught Rexus' pale eyes, his dark eyelashes. He hoped the world wouldn't move on from this moment and there would get to be other mornings like this one. He would work on polishing up his sign language, solve the problems with his family and they could have conversations without disturbing the gentle silence of the morning. Looking at Rexus made him think that all of these things could be well.

He shifted so his ribs would stop giving him grief, and reached up to pull Rexus towards him as he moved to get up, kissing him slowly.

"I'll get up," he said. "I'll shower, sort out a bit." He didn't feel like being totally defenceless while Rexus was gone, either.

He used Rexus' shoulder to pull himself up and then stood reluctantly. He arched his back and winced as it clicked audibly in several places. "Ugh."

Light fell across his back as he stretched. He had a large tattoo across his back, a dark pine forest that fell away into constellations by the time it reached his shoulders. The constellations occasionally interrupted by freckles, or the pale white fleck of an old scar. The wounds from his encounter with the hounds were well on their way to healing, and the bruises by his ribs were mere shadows.

By his heart, underneath his collarbone, was the skull of a horse, and on the other an old, blurred, tattoo of what looked like compass points. It seemed to be homemade. On his thigh were three human skulls, intertwined with flowers, and there was a sunflower on his right calf. On his arm a half-sleeve. Birch trees, and through them, in the distance was a small encampment. You could see the tents and flickering lights.

He picked through his belongings to find some clean clothes and a towel. He looked over at Rexus suddenly and smiled. "I love you," he said.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/03/2018 1:05 PM

Rexus smiled softly, remembering tracing his fingers across the tattoos in the night. With hot breath mingling together and hotter hands finding purchase on skin. He watched as Atlas moved, wanting to lay in the glow of the sun and love for just a little longer.

He grinned at Atlas, sogning a quick 'I love you too' before he began to get up himself, yawning and rubbing at his eyes as he stretched.

Everything ached so wonderfully as he found his work clothes, pulling them on unhurriedly as he moved towards the bedroom door. 'Stay safe, I'll be back soon.'

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/03/2018 2:46 PM

Atlas showered, spending an indulgently long time in the hot water. He got dressed into an old wool jumper he'd stolen from Rexus and a pair of corduroy trousers, slightly worn at the knees. After cleaning his old crystal pendant, he put it back on. He could feel no enchantment or hint of faery magic.

Then, for the first time in a long time, he unpacked his bag. Placing things in draws next to Rexus's, and finding a place for the now empty canvas rucksack on top of the wardrobe.

He made his way downstairs, checking the locks on the windows as he came across them, but Rexus had been thorough and nothing was unlocked. He made breakfast for himself and Rexus, buttering toast and frying some bacon. His shadow on the wall in the morning light, moved independently of him, becoming birds, then a leaping hare. He didn't notice.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext