A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Put the Kettle On [P, Duskie | M ]

Postby MythicDusk » 02/27/2018 2:58 PM

A low chuckle rumbled through Rexus' chest as he pulled away to show Atlas his hands, sigining slowly and carefully.

'Make the farm safe, then storytime.'

He gave a broad, playful grin as he began to step away, taking Atlas' advice and grabbing an iron poker to place it by the door, his brow furrowing as he tried to remember where he kept all of the old iron things.

The horse shoes were in the stables, hung over a piece of twine hanging between a set of rafters. There were some old iron gate posts laying in the storage shed that Freyja never wanted to throw out, mentioning it could come in handy. There were iron nails in the same shed, a huge bucket of them.

Rexus took a deep breath, licking his lips as he motioned to Atlas to stay put as he stepped out to gather what he would need to keep them safe.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/27/2018 9:46 PM

Atlas nodded at Rexus' words. Just before he turned to leave, Atlas had a moment of confidence. "Thank you. Come back soon," he signed.

He made himself a cup of tea, ignoring the fact that his hands shook slightly as he looked through the cupboard to find it. He was fine. Gong to be fine. Was fine. He reminded himself that Rexus wasn't far away, and ignored the fact that it bothered him that he was.

He took the necklace into his hands, and slipped the crystal from the cord. The cord he left on the windowsill, and the stone he slipped into one of his pockets. He'd have loved to have thrown it out, but faeries could be funny about gifts, his mother doubly so.

He sat down at the kitchen table, hands trailing patterns across the wood grain, and waited.

It struck him suddenly that this must have been what Rexus himself had done on the morning he'd walked away. Waited for Atlas, all shy and tentative and falling quickly into a feeling he couldn't place. He thought of Rexus waiting for the scent of cigarette smoke in the air, thought of him searching through the barns and then the woods in case he'd caught another bout of flu and fainted somewhere, thought of him crying bitterly when he realised that Atlas had packed and left nothing of himself behind other than a few auburn hairs on the pillow.

He stopped trailing patterns across the wood grain, took a sip of his too-hot tea and tried not to feel sickened with himself.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/27/2018 9:55 PM

Having found the things he wanted, Rexus got to work. A string of horse shoes slung over his shoulder, a large repurposed paint bucket of nails straining his arm, a hammer tucket into his waistband. He had moved the iron posts, using them to protect the main doorway. He had hung up iron, scattered nails at the entrances and windows of the stables and coops.

Now it was time for the main house.

Freyja was going to kill him.

He shouldered open the door with a grunt, grabbing one of the horse shoes and a few nails from the bucket, carefully hammering it into the entryway. After scattering iron nails on the windowsills, he walked into the kitchen with a grunt.

He carefully placed down the bucket on the kitchen floor, placing the horse shoes on the table with a low grumble as he rolled his shoulders.

'Wanna help?'

He grinned as he signed, leaninmg against the table with a huff.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/28/2018 6:55 AM

Atlas looked up as Rexus opened the door, and was immediately struck by how attractive he was, all broad shoulders and pale eyes. He put his thoughts to the back of his mind. All of that could be dealt with later, there was no point in further upsetting Rexus, anyway.

He put on a smile, catching Rexus' eyes. "One second. If you expect me to just let you walk into the kitchen looking like that and not have me do something about it, then you're insane." He stood, gently tugging Rexus'' shirt collar down towards him and kissing him slowly. He deposited a series of small kisses along his jawline, stopping by his neck. He pulled back.

"Hm, sorry. I'm getting distracted. Let me get a pair of gloves or something and I'll give you a hand." He had some in his bag. He raised one of his hands, callused on the pads of his fingers and the palms, and wiggled his fingers. "Faery blood. It doesn't really hurt, but I avoid when I can."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/28/2018 10:27 AM

Rexus let out a gut-deep grumble into the kiss, his own hand coming up to touch Atlas softly on his back, his fingers trailing up his spine.

When Atlas pulled away, Rexus simply grumbled again. His bright markings glowing ever brighter with the blush that flooded his face. He wanted to keep doing that. He didn't know why, and he knew there was impending danger but he wanted to shake it from his shoulders, like snow in the winter.

'I want to do that more.'

The signing was simple and Rexus bit his own bottom lip, as if anxious that he was saying something wrong before he began pulling away, his blush hitting the tips of his ears.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/28/2018 8:52 PM

Atlas looked at him, blushing scarlet, and smiled an easy smile. It was so easy to forget everything that was going on around them, with Rexus looking at him like that. "Be my guest," he said. Flirting was second-nature, something to fall into when his own insecurities were misbehaving.

He swept a stray piece of hair behind his ear and his tone sobered a little. "But, maybe I should give you a hand around the house first, and then," And then?

With anyone else, Atlas would have fallen into lewd suggestions, but, well, this was Rexus.

He slipped into the living room and dug some gloves from his bag. Coming back into the kitchen, he leaned against the door frame and blew him a kiss. He was being insufferable, but couldn't find it within himself to stop. "Was there anything you actually wanted to know about this mess I got myself into? Or the family? I don't mind talking about it."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/28/2018 9:02 PM

It took every iota of Rexus' self control to not sweep Atlas into his arms and kiss him breathless. He felt the muscle in his arms bunch with restraint, his fingers digging in to the table he had leaned against instead.

He let out a growl, a low tone that rumbled past his teeth as his eyes watched Atlas with intensity. There was something animal in him, something that wanted to push everything else that mattered to a side and ignore it, just to focus on Atlas.

Something in him wanted to take everything that Atlas had to give and more. He let out a slow, shaky sigh as he finally broke his eyes away from Atlas, feeling his blush come back full force.

'Sorry.'

The movements were quick, choppy. He was sure Atlas had seen the way he had looked at him, like he was a piece of meat he was desperate to get his jaws around.

Freyja had taught him better.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/28/2018 9:23 PM

Atlas watched him from by the door, the way Rexus' eyes scraped over him made his breathe catch for a moment. Fuck. Bloody hell, he knew a lost opportunity when he saw one. Why would Rexus ever, ever be sorry about that?

He tossed the gloves onto the kitchen table and gestured for Rexus to come closer. "Don't you dare look at me like that and not do anything about it. Don't be sorry. Come here." There was an ethereal intensity about him for a moment, eyes like warm embers. His smile was soft on his lips, perfected to lead travellers astray. He meant it this time, though.

He let his focus falter slightly, dropping his gaze for a second. "I mean, unless you'd rather be getting on?" Given the choice, of course, Atlas would have him abandon his work in an instant, but he better half of him knew that it was good to give Rexus the option of space, even if he hoped to god that he wouldn't take it.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/28/2018 9:31 PM

He felt the air leave his lungs. The embers in Atlas' eyes threataning to burn him as much as the hunger in his own threataned to devour Atlas.

When Atlas broke his gaze, muttering something about continuing their work, Rexus barely heard him. What he did hear was the thunder of his own blood in his ears, the insistent demands of his animalistic brain to take, take and never stop taking. To wrap his jaws around Atlas' throat and never let him free. To claim him and ward anyone away who would take it from him.

Before he noticed it, Rexus had moved across the kitchen, his shoulders and head low, eyes never wavering, like a predator approaching for the kill. He had his hands on Atlas' waist, his head bowed as his breath came in sharp pants, his eyes half lidded as he waited for permission to kiss him.

He wouldn't be that animal, he wouldn't give in.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/01/2018 2:21 PM

Atlas watched Rexus stride towards him and smiled, victorious. He felt a tiny flutter of apprehension which he swallowed down, a canine tooth worrying his bottom lip. His eyes, the colour of a fire burning low in the grate, were caught staring and staring. As if it were enough, as if he could be left there forever and wouldn't have minded.

He blinked slowly, taking one second, and then another. What a tease, and then, "Well?" he said, gently, barely above a whisper. "What are you waiting for?"

He reached for him as Rexus tugged him closer, his own patience breaking. Hands reached up to wind through Rexus' dark hair. His mouth finding Rexus', his teeth catching on his lips, uncoordinated and desperate.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/01/2018 2:32 PM

By the gods, Atlas made it hard to not be an animal.

The way how his teeth caughs on his lips, the way how his fingers dragged through his hair. It all made Rexus want to growl.

He felt the noise vibrate up from the depths of his stomach, rumble behind his breastbone and echo out from between his teeth in a borderline snarl.

"You make it very hard to stay in control, Atlas."

His words were huffed into Atlas' skin, his lips and teeth trailing from his lips to his jaw and down to his neck. He could practically taste the blood under his skin, feel the throbbing pulse against his lips. He tightened his grip around Atlas' waist, his breathing slowly growing heavier.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/01/2018 2:52 PM

Atlas made a soft noise at the back of his throat, tugged on Rexus hair a little tigher, bringing him a little closer. "Good," he said, his voice a shaky breath. Rexus could do what do what he liked to him, for all Atlas cared. It wasn't like he was a stranger to a bit of pain. "Please don't bother to."

Although, he realised there was perhaps a limit on that as Rexus pulled him closer, hand around his waist. His ribs. Shit. He sucked in the air through his teeth, wincing away from him, door frame still at his back. "Rexus. Ribs. Ribs. Careful. Please."

He groaned, dropping his head onto Rexus' shoulder. "Shit. Sorry. Ow." He took a couple of deep breaths. Why did this have to happen while he was still injured? God damn. Damn. "That was my fault, I forgot." He tried to catch Rexus' eyes, tilting his head slightly. "I'm an idiot, I swear."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/01/2018 3:10 PM

At the moment that Atlas hissed in pain, Rexus removes his hands and raised them nervously above his head, his eyes wide with borderline panic. The very idea of hurting Atlas made his heart thud heavily in his chest, made his lungs want to constrict and twist into knots.

But Atlas just said it wasn't his fault.

Rexus would take at least some of the blame on himself. He should have remembered. He should have kept in control. He shouldn't have lost himself down that route as much as he did. He gently pressed his hands into Atlas' stomach, trying to get him to feel his signing without needing to look up as he gently kissed Atlas' cheek.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.'

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/01/2018 4:13 PM

"Shh," he said, wrapping an arm loosely around Rexus' waist. "It's all right, love."

He looked up at him, pressing a short kiss to jaw. "Like I said, what kind of moron forgets they cracked their ribs a week and a half ago? I'll be fine, you just caught the wrong spot."

He moved to sit down on one of the kitchen chairs, giving Rexus' hand a little squeeze. "Sorry for scaring you. Although," he said, a little self-depreciating grin coming onto his face. "The fact you managed to dazzle me into forgetting about my sorry state does giveaway what a hopeless mess I am for you. Whoops. I mean, I'd laugh, but we established that wasn't a good idea."

He tilted his head to get a better look at Rexus. "Promise me you won't fret? I'll be fine."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/01/2018 4:47 PM

Rexus gave him a slow, soft smile. One that touched his eyes and made his face brighten. He carefully crouched down, placing a soft kiss against the corner of Atlas' lips. He gently tangled his fingers with Atlas', squeezing them gently.

He softly nudged his head against Atlas', a throwback to his albie form as he carefully stood up again, leaning against the table with his hand still in Atlas'.

Even so, he felt his smile falter a little at the recent memory of his own snarls and growls echoing from his throat.

"Did I scare you?"

His voice was low, quiet. Kept in the soft tones that wouldn't hurt.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer