A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: What Are You Doing? [Crow and I; L, D]

Postby Night » 07/18/2018 6:28 AM

"Come on, dude, you're going to drop it!" Eric tried for a fake around, looking to use what little knowledge he had of sports maneuvers to grab the phone out of his date's hand. When it didn't work he stepped back with a huff.

"You're awfully worried about the police coming for someone that supposedly has no reason to be." He pointed out, crossing his arms across his chest. "What, are you some kind of wanted murderer or something." A thought occurred, clearly written in both suspicion and surprise on his features. "Is that why you came on this blind date? Am I like your next victim or something?"

The creepy mist wasn't forgotten, but he was having a hard time focusing on the potential danger that lied there when his supposed "Perfectly fine, normal" date was acting like a sketchy asshole.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 07/18/2018 6:39 AM

Sam was willing to let things go--- he wasn't the type of guy to sweat the small stuff--- but the look that he turned on Eric as Eric posited that he might be a murderer clearly conveyed the fact that he thought Eric's suggestion was beyond words. After a moment, he sighed. "You... watch a lot of TV, don't you," he said.

At that moment, a cry went up from the surrounding onlookers, and Sam snapped back to attention, scanning the scene outside for activity. It looked like the mist was moving. "Oh man, I gotta get a closer look," he said, and beelined for the door.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Night » 08/04/2018 5:43 AM

Eric tactfully chose to ignore the question - though the flush that was beginning to spread over his cheeks was likely answer enough. "I don't see what that has to do with you refusing to let the police in on this - if nothing else this is clearly causing a public disturbance!"

His date was clearly not listening to the voice of reason. He watched on as Sam sprinted towards the door, frozen in slack-jawed confusion for far too long before he reached several conclusions simultaneously. The first, and likely the most important, was that Sam had taken off with his cell phone. The second and arguably more pressing was that Sam was moving towards the weird substance with said phone, meaning that Eric was also going to have to approach it if he wanted to get it back.

The third was that this was by far the worst date that he'd ever gone on, and he was going to have to reevaluate his choice in friends if they were going to submit him to this special brand of insanity.

He took a moment to really appreciate the situation, pressing the palms of his hands over his eyes, before taking off after his date.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 08/09/2018 6:02 AM

Getting out of the cafe was actually easier said than done. The door was on the same side as all the windows people were currently looking out of, and also made of glass. As a result there was a not insignificant amount of loiterers around it, though none of them were actually trying to leave. But until then it hadn't been an issue because no one had been looking to get in either.

"Scuse me, pardon me, scuse me," said Sam, shoving his way through the crowd. They slowed him down, and some of them gave him rather... stricken looks, but no one actually tried to stop him. He got a hand on the door, then yanked it open. Several people shrieked and backed away, as if there was a wasp right outside and he'd just let it in.

[Event posts end here]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Previous