A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Freedom In The Flame [P|E; Me & Toxic]

Postby MythicDusk » 07/02/2018 1:31 AM

Kinhes let himself carefully exhale. He could feel the sparks dancing along his tongue as he stared at the mist. It was up to just below his knees and he couldn't see his feet. He was tempted to just let the magma spew from between his teeth, to burn away whatever it was.

But it didn't hurt.

In fact, it felt lonely.

He carefully crouched down, eyeing the mist, watching it roil with the currents of air his superheated body created. Then he spat a small flame toward it, as if he was spitting out a watermelon seed or a cherry pip, he simply spat a glob of flame into the darkness, where not even the fain glow could be seen.

"Hmm, you're a strange one." He grumbled, tucking his thumbs into his beltloops as he furrowed his brow, letting a few wisps of smoke echo out from between his teeth. There was nobody around, so he didn't have to worry about controlling himself as well. He carefully ran one of his burned hands down his face, his orange eyes ticking over with thoughts. "What are you?" He mused softly, folding his arms across his chest as he kept inspecting the mist.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: Freedom In The Flame [P|E; Me & Toxic]

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/02/2018 3:34 PM

Image Image

"Captain, with all due respect, this could be considered my jurisdiction," a somewhat muffled voice insisted, as a strange pair waded through the strange mist. "So, I insist, wear this!"

The person talking had more weapons openly worn on her body than could be counted, and likely even more that were concealed, from guns and blades, to the leather gauntlets worn on her hands and the series of inactive explosives strung about her person. Her face was primarily concealed with a mask that filtered the air, and lenses that both covered her eyes and analyzed basic data.

"There have been no reports of it being dangerous to inhale," a second voice, belonging to the one referred to as Captain, insisted, louder than the first. It was obviously declining the request of the other. "Nor does this fall under weapons."

The second person, whom was taller than the woman, also openly carried a gun and blade on their belt, but had not nearly as many weapons as their companion. Though, likewise, much of their face was concealed by a cloth mask that covered the entire lower portion of their face, mouth and nose included. They had even more layers of clothing, though, including a long coat and the impressive hat.

Of all the tasks the band of sky pirates took up, investigating mist, of all things, seemed, if not unusual, then not as exciting as some of their other ventures. Was there really anything in this for them? Remmington was skeptical, certainly, but almost too enthusiastic about gathering samples to test against various chemicals.

"Are you proposing it has something to do with magic?" That was certainly more the captain's jurisdiction, based on experience, disregarding the fact that almost everything was typically the captain's jurisdiction, anyway.

"It's possible."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/02/2018 11:30 PM

Kinhes felt something prickle up his spine. A gentle knwoing of people approaching, he clenched his jaw to stop the smoke, balled his hands to stop the embers that dripped form his fingers, and he turned, trying to pick out sounds against the silence, trying to spot any figures in the darkness.

The hat is what tipped him off.

He bared his teeth, feeling a spark jump from between them as he clicked his tongue, beginning to approach them in a hurry.

"Hey! Hey, you two! Get out of the mist! It could be deadly!" He could feel gouts of plame playing at the back of his throat as he shouted, as he waved an arm to try and get their attention as he walked towards them. He felt himself instinctually smoothe out his brow, calm his heart, become an emotionless doll as he continued to approach them.

No emotions meant no fire, no fire meant no danger.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/08/2018 8:25 PM

Their conversation carried on, for a moment.

"It would have been a wise decision to bring Janko or Kanzi out." The words were chosen to vaguely criticize the captain's decision, in potentially risking their health without someone trained past basic first aid with them.

"If it is dangerous, we need the doctor in peak physical condition," the Captain replied, without even sounding bothered by their companion's words. "But Kanzi has gone out, with another group."

Though, their exchange was interrupted when when an unfamiliar voice called out to them, and an unfamiliar person approached them. Likely, the voice belonged to the person. Both of them stopped, and exchanged a glance, before their eyes shifted back to him.

"I haven't died yet," it was the one in the hat that replied.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/10/2018 9:30 PM

Kinhes wanted to laugh, wanted to bark a sound from deep in his chest. Wanted to let the flame gout from over his blistered tongue, push past his ashen teeth. He wanted to howl with laugher, to let himself free until the mist was burned away.

Instead, he allowed himself a simple quirk of the lips. A puff of smoke flowing from his nostrils as he gave a breathy chuckle.

"I can see that, friend. But we don't know the lasting damage. Am I right in thinking you are mortal?"

If they were immortal, that would change a lot of things. He continued to approach, letting his feet feel through the dark mist, his face impassive and voice without emotion.

[Event posts end here]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk