A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Is Now Really a Good Time for Pizza?[P][Crow, Kylo]

Postby Kylo » 07/05/2018 4:41 PM

(Bane Castle)

To be entirely honestly now was probably not the best time to be ordering a pizza, not when so much needed to be done and his fellow coworkers had all abandoned him to run off and do their own research since they didn't want to split any prizes they may receive for this mist research with him. No matter, he would do it himself. Besides this was far more important to him than some prize. This could greatly affect his gardens and experiments and he was NOT about to lose years worth of research to some aerosolized water!

Bane's stomach grumbled and he clutched at his belly lightly. Okay maybe stopping for a few moments for food is a good idea after all. With a sigh he pulled out his phone and dialed the number for his favorite place. After a few moments of conversation he got his order placed and hung up. Now to wait.

(Bane-1)

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: Is Now Really a Good Time for Pizza?[P][Crow, Kylo]

Postby crow » 07/06/2018 8:14 AM

Delivering pizzas wasn't terribly exciting, but hey, it paid the bills. At least, it usually wasn't, anyway. Sometimes they got a real weird order, like 'none with left beef'... Milo had seen the internet meme, but he didn't think anyone would try it at his location. Evidently, he was wrong.

Today was a little unusual for a different reason though. Milo frowned as they gave him the name of the place. "I'm delivering to a lab?"

"Hey, they paid for it," his coworker said. "Guess those labcoat types like pizza too, huh?"

That was how he had ended up here, ten minutes later, with a hot and fresh made to order pizza. Was there a doorbell he could ring...?
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/08/2018 3:38 PM

Bane watched the delivery boy approach the entrance through the security cameras and then rushed out to get the door for him. He opened the door with a pleasant smile and a wad of cash in his other hand.

"You're here. Thank you so much for delivering this. I'm starving. So what do I owe you? I forgot what they told me over the phone." Bane chuckled as he smoothed out the cash and began to count it.

"Um, you can come in and set that on the front desk there," he said after a moment when he realized the man was left there standing awkwardly with his pizza.

"You probably don't get many orders from labs do you?"

(Bane-2)

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby crow » 07/08/2018 11:47 PM

It wasn't that he had never experienced someone opening the door before he managed to indicate his own arrival. Milo knew that some people really anticipated their pizza, and kept a watch for him from their window or something. It really wasn't anything personal either. After all, he'd had pizza before. He could see the appeal.

It didn't make it any less startling though, even if he knew all that. "Whoa!" he said, before recovering. Clearing his throat, he said, "This is a large, so... twelve even." He stepped in and did as the guy asked, setting the pizza down. "And yeah, I can't say I've... ever been to one, actually."

[Event posts end here]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate