A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

The Mystery of The Mist [P; Redd/Omni]

Postby Redd » 07/24/2018 12:28 AM

ImageImage

This was fun, waiting at the edge of the desert for the other half of their party. The heat was killing her. "What do you explorer types even take on these missions?" Tora sighed exasperatedly, paws rummaging through her pack. The Raichu hadn't been an explorer for too long. Just enough to pick up the basics and already the guild had decided it was time to test her.

That 'test' apparently involved sending her off to a remote location to investigate a phenomenon they'd never ever seen before. Most people would have been given a tough rescue mission, some unlucky few might have been given a bounty. Nope, not her. 'Look at mist'. That's what she'd been told to do.

"On recon?" The Arcanine's head shot up and he chewed on his lower lip thoughtfully. Of course he'd find a way to make 'look at mist' sound like an actual mission, giving it a fancy name and everything. "Usually just the basics. Berries and apples. Maybe Reviver Seeds if you have any. It's easier to scavenge while we're out. Being in the desert... might be rough as far as food goes and on non-Fire types."

"You're telling me." Tora sighed, fanning herself with her tail. "What I wouldn't give to just be back in the Village. I don't know how you're not passing out with that massive mane."

"Perk of breathing fire I guess." Cody bared his fangs in a grin back at her. "Who knows, maybe I'll find clues about Jirachi's location out here..." His expression changed into something more wistful and somber, and Tora knew better than to interrupt him. The Arcanine was quite serious about finding his childhood friend. It's why he joined the guild and why he put his hand up for every single recon mission involving strange phenomenon.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

[1][1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/29/2018 1:14 AM

ImageImage
Today was the day! An exciting day! They were meeting another pair of Pokemon by the edge of the desert for the sake of exploring the area around them that had become saturated with some sort of mysterious mist. This sort of mystery was exactly up their alley!

At least, it was up the alley of one of them.

"Trev!" the Charmander called out to his partner, a smaller than average Riolu who was slowly following the freckled and ruffled up Charmander. "What are you doing? Come on, come on!" he insisted, bouncing a bit in place to urge the Riolu forward.

Trev — or Trevor, his full name — barely hurried his step as the Charmander continued to bounce. "I'm following you, Leon," he pointed out with a quiet, bland voice as he finally caught up.

"Aren't you happy to be back around your place?" Leon asked, putting his small fists on his hips, tilting his head at the Riolu. "Maybe we'll get to pass by your folks's place while we're out there!"

Trevor gave little reaction to Leon's question; not even a shrug; but he did look around a little bit. He had no real thoughts on the matter; neither positive nor negative. Truthfully, it was a little worrisome. He hoped his clan and family were fine out there, despite this rising mist that confounded many a Pokemon right now.

Since Leon wouldn't move on until he got an answer, Trevor quietly said, "Maybe."

Leon gave his partner a huge grin, sharp teeth shining in the desert sun. "Let's look for those two Pokemon! They're probably super experienced explorers! They're like, a Raichu and an Arcanine, right?" Impressive! Leon was but a small Charmander still, but his heart was that of a Charizard's: no doubts about that.

Trevor, who had been more observant than self-absorbed, managed to catch a glimpse of something nearby that seemed to match those descriptions. He tilted his body to the side to get a better look, and then pointed. "They're there." With their bags handy, they seemed to be exactly who Leon and Trevor were looking for.

"Eh?" Leon mumbled, blinking, and turning to look in the direction Trevor was pointing. "Hey! You're right!" he gasped, and without waiting for Trevor to say or do anything, he rushed towards the other pair.

"Hey! Hey!!" he screeched as he waved frantically at the Raichu and Arcanine. "Are you here to explore the mist?!"

Trevor blinked as Leon rushed onward. For all they knew, these two weren't the pair they were looking for. For all they knew, these two Pokemon could be hostile. This did get the Riolu to hurry a little bit faster than before. If things turned sour for any reason, he could try to drag Leon away from trouble. From his position, though, he couldn't feel anything malevolent from the auras of those two Pokemon.

[Event posts end here]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate