A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: :. Johnson-sama no Densetsu (Or: The Mist Is a Baka)

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:46 AM

They continued down the alleyway. There wasn't much in it, so it wasn't really worth a description, admittedly. But still, for the sake of the audience, it had some trash cans, and some empty boxes. It was also dark, a detail that had been mentioned only quickly in passing just earlier. It was not a very nice place.

What was a nice place was the area right out of it, on the other side of town. They were safe now.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

They took some time to breathe and to pant away the exhaustion from all that superhuman running. Yes, truly, The Plot had granted them with crazy speed so they could outrun a motorcycle. Under normal circumstances, that would not have made sense, but because they had an explanation, everything made perfect sense now. Therefore, the fans couldn't complain about it.

The criminal was proud of their victory. Why shouldn't they be? Who could blame them for being proud?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

The locals on the other side of town had heard all about the chase, of course. News travelled very far and very quickly in this sort of story. "F-fiend!" one local said, shaking in fear. "What have you done?!"

The criminal grinned and snickered. "Hahahahahahahahahahahah!" they laughed maniacally, drawing their head back and stretching their arms. Their fingernails almost looked like claws. "Where is your precious Johnson Smith-sama now?!" They had learned the hero's name through the narrative, of course.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:47 AM

"Johnson Smith-sama will save us all!" one local said, speaking with anger and rage towards this awful fiend, born of plot convenience and an inexplicable thirst for evil. "Villains like you never win!" It had been proven by science, after all. It was only a matter of time.

"Perhaps," the villain said darkly. "But today, I win!" they announced, laughing once again. Laughing sure was fun, and it made it clear that they were the villain, too.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

"Why are you doing this?" one local asked, stricken with fear at the sight of this true and tried villain that had minutes of seasoned experience behind them. They were truly a shocking sight to behold. Where had Johnson Smith gone? They needed his guidance and for him to become their savior, now more than ever before.

The villain grew a somber look on their face. "Why?" they asked. "You want to know my tragic, awful backstory?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

It went without saying that, for the audience to connect with a villain, or with any character, really, regardless of alliance, they had to be told a reason to care. Usually, a dark, tragic backstory ought to do it. Johnson Smith's backstory was heartwarming: a tale of determination, love, companionship, and most importantly, of tomodachis.

"I will tell you my horrifying backstory," the villain said, flipping their cape dramatically to the side. "A story I have never told anyone before."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Since they didn't know all that many people, it didn't make much sense to always repeat their backstory. No one had asked before, either. Now that they had been given the opportunity, they would be revealing their dark, tragic backstory to the world. And since they were telling it now, everyone in the world would know of it now. They wouldn't have to repeat themselves.

"It all began when I was born," they told, and already, they were off with a rough start.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:48 AM

"It was a dark night. There was a huge storm," they said. "So it was even darker than usual. My mom was scared. She thought I had brought the storm. My dad, he was mean. He would sometimes not pay attention to my mom 24/7. He was a friend," they spat, with venom in their voice. Thinking about their dad always did that to them. They had severe daddy issues.

But that was neither here nor there.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

"Sometimes he wouldn't tell her he loved her," they added, continuing their tragic, heartbreaking story. Already, some locals were starting to tear up from the abusive relationship their parents had. "My mom would be heartbroken and alone. Who else was she supposed to go to? Friends? Family? They didn't worship her the way my dad did. Or like my dad had used to."

Yes. Somehow, their relationship had fallen from grace. And how had it happened, exactly?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

"It was all my fault," they revealed, and they, too, started tearing up. "My parents wanted a child. But then I was born, and they didn't want a child anymore, because of the financial, emotional, and psychological strain it brought to a relationship and a quality of life!" Yes, truly, raising children was not for everybody. Some just weren't ready for them. Such had been the case for this unnamed villain's parents.

"They abandoned me," they revealed.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:49 AM

"I was left to the curb," they told, and their voice was starting to crack, but not enough to reveal a gender just yet. The Plot hadn't made up its mind about that for now. So the villain got to remain mysteriously mysterious as far as their gender was concerned.

"I had to survive on my own starting at two days old," they explained, and they gripped their chest. "It was hard. It was hell! I suffered."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

The locals were starting to cry. If only they had taken the time to learn more about this villain before now, maybe they could have prevented this whole turn of events. Maybe they could have shown this villain compassion, kindness, love. They could have shown them the true power of tomodachis, and how it could brighten up one's life.

"Do you understand now?!" the villain asked, roaring. "Do you understand the pain I have lived up until now?!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

"We are so sorry," one local say, taking it upon themselves to apologize for essentially the entire village that had even been left unnamed until a few posts ago. "We had no idea you had been suffering!" It wasn't like they could have seen a baby struggling to survive in the streets for all those years. How were they supposed to know about all of this?

"It's too late now for your apologies," the villain said dryly.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:50 AM

There was too much upsetment in their heart now. Nothing could tame the darkness that was within it. "So don't you see now?" they said, raising their arms to the masses. "Don't you see what my story is meant to teach you?" There was only one moral, but it was one that the villagers certainly did not want to see or hear.

"There are no heroes in this life," the villain announced. "They don't exist in this world!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/20/2018 12:50 AM

The locals gasped at such allegations. "But what of Johnson Smith-sama?!" one of them spoke. It was unclear whether it was the same one as before, because apparently it was the same voice actor but also they sounded slightly different, so it was hard to tell at first. The episode would need rewatching.

"Johnson Smith deserted you!" the villain declared. "He drove past the alleyway, going away into town to do his own journey! He doesn't care about you!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext