A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Inside the Quest Master's Tavern [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:31 PM

But that... Was boring and unfulfilling, since it meant he was just wandering aimlessly or idling his days away, waiting for the moment he could do what he was meant to do.

"Since it is not the right time for me go out on my own, proper quest, why not send me out for this task?" he suggested, once more, but this time, with some logic behind it. "I have nothing else to do, as you know."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:35 PM

The bartender had no significant opinion on the matter, as he did not really care one way or another, even though he thought it might help ease the Quest Master's curiosity, but the Quest Master eyed the cat and frowned a bit.

They did not reject the idea, but, to Sparkle, it seemed like they were going to. Though, before they could, he turned his head toward the rest of the room, and called out again. "Hey, Faceless, what do you think?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:39 PM

Faceless was, perhaps, an even more unusual character than the magical, talking cat, the undead bartender with the bad habit of falling apart, and the Quest Master, theirself. They had existed for so long. So long they could not even put it into words, or give a number. Years were not counted as years, back then. Nor were months, weeks, days, minutes, or even seconds, really. The concept of time, as many these days saw it, did not really apply to them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:42 PM

For some time now, the strange being that was Faceless, and not only in name, had resided within the comfortable safety of the Quest Master's tavern. During special events, or when it was especially busy, they sometimes helped out by serving guests and the like. They were usually more than happy to help out, if the Quest Master made the request of them. But, most of the time, they were just there. They didn't serve a real purpose, but they made it their home.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:04 PM

Since Sparkle called out to them, Faceless, whom had been sitting, perfectly still and unmoving (one would not have even noticed them breathing), became animated and seemingly came to life. Their head popped up as they sat a little more upright in the chair, having previously been resting with their head down on the table top, but it hesitated there for a long moment, before it jerked to look over at the peculiar cat and all the others.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:07 PM

"Look," may not have been quite the right word, given that they had no eyes to see through by standard means, but their masked face was now facing the three of them and, most specifically, the colorful cat, so they were looking, even though they were not seeing with their eyes. They still saw through other means.

As it were, Faceless had been aware of the conversation going on between them, but hadn't bothered to join in on it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:11 PM

They didn't really have anything to offer in the way of idle chatter about the topic they were discussing. However, since they were addressed, they figured they would join. Somewhat. They still didn't have any idle chatter, but could take part, if they were asked questions. And Sparkle had asked a question.

After a just too long moment of staring, the rest of Faceless' body began to move. They rose to their feet, and began to cross the room. Slowly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:17 PM

All the others waited patiently for Faceless without saying a word. Not because they were afraid to, or anything like that, but it was just the polite thing to do. They would not disrespect such a being for no reason at all; though that wasn't to say they didn't tease Faceless in a friendly manner, the same way that friends did.

With each step the strange being that was Faceless seemed to become more and more awake, each step a little more solid, a little more confident, a little quicker.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:24 PM

Once they had made it roughly halfway across the room, their stride had become a decently normal paced one. And, once they came close to the others, they wandered over to stand somewhat beside the bar stool that Sparkle was sitting upon.

Finally, as they began to answer the colorful feline's question, Faceless nodded their head. "Logically, you are the best candidate among us to go out, if the Quest Master does not desire to go out on their own."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 5:28 PM

A colorful, talking, magical cat was unusual, sure, but without the talking and the magical parts being exposed, he would likely blend in well enough. Sparkle wouldn't draw too much attention.

Hearing the answer, Sparkle grinned, in a way that certainly did not seem natural on a cat.

"Considering all things," Faceless went on before anyone said anything else, however, "I am not a terrible candidate, either. Not any more than Sparkle. I just have no real desire to go out."

[Event posts end here]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous