A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Inside the Quest Master's Tavern [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 1:04 AM

"Would you know? If there have been any accounts of the... lost ones appearing with the mist this time?" Based on what he knew and had just been told, considering that he'd already heard that the strange mist was blanketing all of the lands, it sounded like the creatures would have appeared enmasse.

The Quest Master finally lifted their head out of their hands, shifting their position some, but still leaning against the bar top, and shook their head.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 1:06 AM

"From what I can gather, there haven't been reports of any of them appearing this time around," the Quest Master answered. Their expression gave away both how curious and thrilling they found it to be.

"Do you think they will appear? I'm guessing, in a very large amount?" The bar tender kept on with his questions, since it wasn't as though they were busy, otherwise.

The Quest Master nodded their head. "I have no doubts about it!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 1:08 AM

"If all other times that the mist has appeared, so have the lost ones with it, then I don't see how it's possible that the mist would make an appearance without them at all." That only stood to reason, based on simple logic. "Though, I have been wondering why the mist has been around for so long without any accounts of one appearing. I suspect something... big may end up happening." Just what that was, aside from many appearing all at once, they could not say.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:53 AM

"Do you think anyone will actually figure out the reason?" It seemed that the undead man never got tired of asking questions. And, though he might actually have been, chatting helped to pass the time. It was better than sitting around, doing nothing at all. At least the topic was interesting, even though he had to keep it going by questioning things.

The Quest Master shrugged. "I've heard that is what everyone is out there trying to do."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:55 AM

"But just because they are trying to figure it out, it doesn't mean that they actually will," the continued. When it came to gaining knowledge about things, researching things, things did not always go as planned, intended or hoped for. That was just a fact that had to be accepted, even though that shouldn't be used as a reason not to try at all.

"I'm almost surprised that you haven't gone out to take a look, or sent at least one of us," he admitted.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:56 AM

"I thought about it," the Quest Master confirmed, without any shred of hesitation. "But I doubt we'd discover something that they others haven't already." It didn't seem like one of those things that they could figure out simply because they wanted to. They'd only learn anything, really, if they just happened to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time. Or, at least, that was the sort of feeling that the Quest Master was getting about it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:59 AM

"... You don't even want to go take a look?" That he was having a difficult time processing, since the Quest Master was such they were such a curious thing.

"I thought about it," they admitted, allowing that much. "But what is the purpose of this tavern?"

"Aside from helping the weird folks like me," what with his being an undead guy that was falling apart on the regular, "blend in with society and have a safe place?" He questioned.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:03 AM

"Yes, aside from that." The Quest Master nodded her head.

"To be a safe haven and provide shelter to everyone. Any weary soul that may need a place to rest," he answered. "And to grant their wishes, should it be deemed so."

It was the Quest Master that passed judgement on whether or not they should help a person beyond the typical means of providing food, drink, shelter from the outside elements, advice and the likes, but their services sometimes included magical intervention.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:08 AM

The Quest Master nodded her head again and clapped her hands together twice, rapidly. "Yes, exactly." His answer was definitely correct. "And don't you think it's possible that our services will be necessary for some weary souls that have been wandering around in the mist as they attempt to figure out what it's all about?"

It was undeniably plausible, however...

"That's true, but the tavern is practically empty," he pointed out, after making a point to glance around the nearly empty room.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:11 AM

"Certainly, you could spare someone to go look at things, when we're this slow." At this point, he wasn't even sure why he was pushing the idea, he just was, since... why not? It wasn't like he thought it was ideal for him to be the one to go, since his being within the tavern made it that much easier for him to just survive without having to use up too much of the Quest Master's magic.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:13 AM

With the whole tavern enchanted, the undead man's appearance was concealed by those who were unfamiliar with or would be frightened by it. Depending on what the person was used to, he could potentially appear like a perfectly "normal," person. If a guest was aware of the existence of beings like himself, without viewing them maliciously, he'd be seen for exactly what it was. They all claimed that it was something like a perception filter that protected unusual beings from the outside world.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:15 AM

However, if he wanted to step foot out of the enchanted, magical tavern of the Quest Master, it meant that the Quest Master would have to use magic on him, specifically, to conceal his appearance even while he was outside of the tavern. Which, while wasn't that hard, all things considered, he didn't exactly want to entirely deny his existence for what it was. He did not entirely dislike being undead, even though his limbs falling off occasionally was certainly an annoyance, but he did dislike freaking people out who could not accept that about him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:15 PM

"If you want someone to go check things out, why not send me?" Another voice interrupted their conversation from a little ways away.

It belonged to a strangely colorful feline, wearing an equally colorful bow, that came padding across the room toward the bar from another entryway. Once he was close, he jumped up onto one of the bar stools, and sit neatly and comfortably on top of it, tails wrapped around himself, resting even over his paws.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:26 PM

Some, or really most, may have found a talking cat strange, but this was the tavern of the Quest Master, so it was hardly any surprise. Besides, Sparkle was one of the typical residents of the tavern, as he was not yet sent out on his actual mission.

The peculiar cat was actually a creation of the Quest Master. A living, breathing, talking, magical creature. A creature that was far more powerful than he seemed or let on, even.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 4:29 PM

As it was, Sparkle came into existence with a wonderful, magical purpose. Though, his purpose was still... on hold. He was not sure why, though the Quest Master usually said it was just not quite the right time for him to set out on his quest.

Why, then, he often wondered, was he created? Why did he exist when he could not yet serve his purpose? He supposed, if nothing else, it was to live. To understand, at least a little, what it was like to be alive.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext