A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: In Another World... [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:23 PM

While waiting for an answer, she began to look around them from where they had now entirely stopped in the middle of the street, other heroes walking past, seeing what she could spot in the stalls. They could purchase ingredients and then attempt to prepare them, but that... did not always have the best results.

"Why don't we pick something up that is already ready to eat?" Wakizashi finally suggested, after glancing around at the stalls, as well.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:38 PM

If nothing else, taking home already prepared food would save them all the time it took to potentially prepare their meal, otherwise. That meant more time to do anything they needed, and focus on the potential mission at hand. They were still not entirely sure what was going on, but some rumors were going around about a strange, black mist rolling in across the entire world, and that it was likely to bring new monsters with it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:40 PM

It was nothing like any event that had happened while this world was just the world of the game, and there hadn't been any proof of it yet in their territory, but Demise had speculated that it was only a matter of time before it made an appearance here, as well, if the scraps of information he'd picked up on about it were in any way true, and not just some made up story that was started just to stir things up.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:44 PM

"I think that is a wise decision," the girl answered, thus, agreeing that they should find something already prepared to take back for everyone to eat. "Shall we pick it up now, before you check out the local bulletin board?"

"We might as well pick it up after," the man in the pirate-esque attire replied. "If we do that, it may still be warm by the time we get back."

The girl nodded her head in agreement.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:47 PM

"That sounds good," she answered.

With that, Wakizashi nodded his head, and began to move once more. Without missing a beat, Kokoro fell into step beside him. She was easily able to not only keep up with his quick pace, but she was able to match it, even though she was shorter than he was, and thus, took smaller strides over all.

Wakizashi was the kind of guy that, even in his previous reality, moved quickly, confidently, and with purpose. That did not change, just because his reality changed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:53 PM

Though, he had considered moving at a slower for her sake, once upon a time, he was proven that it was unnecessary, since she was easily able to keep up with him, regardless of her shorter strides. In fact, just about all of their group was able to match his pace, if they wanted to. Though, occasionally, Demise and Lyssa were the sorts that lagged behind, as they got distracted or even a little clumsy, at times. He didn't have to worry about Koko or Reaper, though.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 2:57 PM

The bulletin board near the market street was once a place where heroes could pick up missions that were issued by the game. They weren't typically major missions, like those that were issued by the original residents of the game, but they were decent for earning some spare copper, silver or gold, depending on the mission difficulty. Most had been things like farming certain monsters. Go out, hunt down and kill several monsters of the same kind, come back, and collect their reward by interacting with the bulletin board once more.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:02 PM

Now, the game system did not issue any missions. Heroes were not able to gain extra cash just by farming some of the same monsters each day, on repeat. So, instead, it was the place were many heroes posted up information, inquiries, ads, and the like. Anything that they wanted to get out there into the world, exposed to other players. It was a somewhat useful tool, although not everyone used it or wanted to share their new discoveries with the public.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2018 3:08 PM

So while Demise and Wakizashi doubted they would actually find any useful information about the black mist listed on the public bulletin board, they both figured it would be worth at least checking out, just because. If, by some rare chance there was any information, they did not want to miss out on it.

Though, a quick glance over by both Wakizashi and Kokoro, made it evident that there wasn't any information pertaining to it, nor anything else all too pressing or interesting. It was most just advertisements, for groups that were looking to add more heroes to their group.

[Event posts end here]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous