A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Sampson's Carpentry People [Self, L]

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:29 PM

Log Start:
Security Level: 2
Attending Agent: Dr. [REDACTED] Cain [Undercover as Mr. Sampson Smith]
Danger level: Safe
Report: Mysterious black mist has been sighted in an area dubbed "The Lost Seraphim."  No anomalies besides the fact the mist has an unknown source have been proven.  Rumors state strange creatures are created from the mist.  Further research needed.
Begin Tale.

Why the Foundation decided to always have their cover companies have the same acronym, Dr. Cain would never know.

He lazily drove the truck with the large fake company's name on it to the coordinates he was given.  It appeared to be in [REDACTED.]  A nice if not boring countryside.  Some bar owner was giving rewards to people who would investigate the phenomena, which was how the Foundation's undercover agents were able to pinpoint the anomaly in the first place.  So far it seemed that the only cover story needed was to make up a natural event like what they did with the lights seen over that lake in Ontario.  No amnesiacs required.
Least he sure hoped so.  It was always a pain in the ass to gather all the civilians.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Sampson's Carpentry People [Self, L]

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:34 PM

To be honest, the doctor was a little irked at his Employers at the moment.

No security personnel?  No partner?  Not even a single D-Class?  What the hell was he supposed to do if this anomaly ended up being dangerous?  He was told it was unlikely, but he's read reports on many of the Keter Skips and knew for a fact there were many of them that originally were thought to be perfectly Safe.  Just another reminder that unless you were an O5 you were just another cog in the machine.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:37 PM

He mumbled to himself as he followed his GPS instructions.  Not even a special high tech GPS either.  Just a store bought one, though of course modified so that it was untraceable to any satellite besides Foundation ones.  Couldn't we make these much better and for less money?  The robotic voice really got on his nerves.  He heard some other agents got AI GPS, or even AI self driving cars.  He barely made his turn as he grumbled about how unfair it all was.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:40 PM

He decided to distract himself by going over his cover story a few more times, though he knew he already had it down.  The Foundation at least was able to choose their undercover agents well, and the training he went through definitely helped.  As well as the...  Enhancements he was offered.

You are Sampson Smith, of the Smith family.  You have been carpenters for years, possibly even back to the civil war, though the papers proving such have been lost to a fire in 1984.  You were named after your great great grandfather, and are technically the 10th Sampson smith in the family.  You love carpentry and are looking for freelance work in a new area to expand your business.  You have a wife who is expecting twin boys.  You are a Virgo.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:43 PM

The truck bumped over a pothole as he continued,

to expand your company and make enough money for your pregnant wife you decided to attempt to find work outside of your normal zone, though you love your regular customers you aren't getting any new ones and need them.  You heard that there's some strange things in this area and thought that perhaps you could lend a helping hand for less than competitors in the area do.  This could theoretically give you new loyal customers and paint you in a good light.  A good thing to do and a good business decision.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:45 PM

He had almost started believing in the story when he finally arrived at the small town he had been sent to.  Honestly, it was more of a village.  He wouldn't of been surprised if there wasn't any wifi or cable here, as it was so remote and small.

He found a place to park his truck and slid out, taking a look around to memorize the surroundings in case he needed a quick escape.  Well, it certainly was a Vast Plain all right.  Guess the name fit.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:50 PM

He covertly leaned his hand near his ear, waiting for the static to start to alert him that there was a connection.  As he expected, it took a while for one to be established, but it was the fuck-empty countryside after all.

"This is 'Sampson.'"  He murmured as he walked towards the house he had been directed to.  "I am approaching the Subject's living quarters.  ETA 5 minutes until contact.  I have a visual on the anomaly in the distance, no new data as of yet."

"Affirmative."  The deep voice changed voice responded.  "Update when Subject has been questioned.  Research Team 'Carpentry' out."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 5:53 PM

The static popped and then went silent as it cut out.  Cain sighed and leaned on his ebony cane, adjusting his shirt.  It felt odd not wearing his black lab coat, but he had to blend in and lab coats were not often worn by actual carpenters.  It was smeared in dirt and some buttons were missing from the top, he supposed to make it look more authentic, but he just thought it made him look like a slob.  Oh well.

He cautiously made his way to the door of the tiny cottage-looking house, firmly knocking on it three times before waiting for a response.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 6:00 PM

Cain waited about a minute before raising his fist to knock again.  He wondered if he should radio control.  They hadn't given him any directions if the door wasn't answered.  It wasn't like them to just assume something would go right.

"A minute please!  I'll be right there."  A voice called from deep inside.  It sounded a lot further away than was possible, but that's not what the doctor was most concerned about.  That voice...  Sounded quite familiar.  

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 6:04 PM

He felt a tingle in the air, something was up here.  He knew the feeling of anomalies.  Something world-bending was here.  Did the Foundation know this?  Was the man a world-bender?  Or was the mist?  Was that why he sounded familiar?  Did he bend reality in a way that made him seem like a frien-

"Enoch!"  The door swung open as a pure white haired man with icy blue eyes held his arms aloft.  "Oh it's been forever, Enoch.  How are you doing?  Or is it Sampson now...  Hmm...  It's hard to keep up with all the aliases."

His jaw dropped.  It was a moment before he regained enough composure to growl through gritted teeth, "Professor Winter."  

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/20/2018 6:07 PM

So that was why he had no backup, no security, no D-Class.  This...  Thing, had manipulated everything for his own gain, hadn't he?  He refused to believe Winter was human, or helpful, or not a future Skip that they truly needed to lock up and designate Keter.

"Oh it's fantastic to see you, I assume you're here for that odd mist business, right?  Oh it's a trivial matter really, not too much of anything.  Just wandering spirits, but we can still study it together, just like old times!"  He seemed to be completely unaware or just ignoring the venom in Enoch's voice and glare.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate