A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Here Lit-erm, Big chicky! [Hunt #1]

Postby Shaetani » 04/16/2019 9:25 PM

Sunburst had been making her way across the vast plains when a noise off in the distance caught her attention. After a moments of hesitation she went to investigate and found a Chimerantula asking for help. Never one to pass up a good adventure she took the T-bone and then set about trying to solve the mystery of the overly large carnivorous chick. A quick circle of the farm and a brief flair of her magic had a glimmer of rustled grass giving a soft pink glow before fading. A closer inspection revealed that some of the grass had been bent and broken and the prints of a chick were heading off into the wilds. Oh my. Hopefully she'd find it before it got into too much trouble.

128 word count
sunburst lvl 1 post 1
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Re: Here Lit-erm, Big chicky! [Hunt #1]

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 11:36 AM

Geesh, maybe it was just the way the plains were but it felt like she'd been travelling for hours. The sun beat down upon her back; warm to the point of being uncomfortable and she hoped the little chick was okay. Did it even know how to find water out here? Did it know to look for the shrubs to indicate a creek or water closer to the surface? Honestly she wasn't sure if she was still on the right track or not. There had been spots where other trails had crossed the one she was following. Deciding to take a break she headed to the nearest shrub and set the T-bone steak down before laying down in the shade side of the shrub for a brief respite from the sun.

131 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 11:51 AM

She hadn't meant to fall asleep but the between the warmth and the comfort of the smell of the plains all around that's just what she did.
She awoke to the setting of the sun and the sense of someone staring at her. Looking up there was a rooster unlike any she'd ever seen. To start with he was huge; almost the size of a Garagnir and he was staring at her with sightless moonbeam colored eyes. His feathers were an oil color; not fully black but almost iridescent in the setting sun. The edges were lined with a thin band of color in a rainbow gradient. What had me lunging up however was his beak. Protruding from it were sharp clearly predatory fangs. Without hesitation he lunged as soon as I started to move-

139 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 4:37 PM

Kamikaze - M - 2 - 7

What have we here? Kaze hadn't planned on any detours or stops along his travels but as the sun shifted across the sky he caught the scent of someone dreaming. A little snack was too hard to pass up and so he moved across the second dimension until he found the horse like creature using a shrub for shade. Carefully with the gentlest of touches of his fins he settled himself in her thoughts; watching the currents as she slept in light sleep. That simply wouldn't do for a snack and so with the softest of nudges he brought her into REM sleep; tracing her meandering mind to find her most recent thoughts. Apparently they were of a odd bird. He could work with that. Taking the form of the birds she'd left behind at the farm he twisted it into a thing of nightmares.

155 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:10 PM

I tried to run as I threw the steak at him. It was enough to slow him down as he snapped it up but something had happened to the landscape and it was like I was running in mud instead of nice grassy plains. Looking down I realized that's exactly what was happening. As soon as I slowed down to look I started to sink; up past my hocks all the way to my elbows and stifles. It was inches from my belly as I lunged and jumped; trying to free myself. A sense of panic started to overtake me as I looked up and saw the bird monster eyeballing me; the steak nothing but a distant memory in its fangy beak. Smiling it lunged again and this time I couldn't run; all I could do was squeeze my eyes shut and yell.

143 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:15 PM

My oh my, this surely was a delicious dream. Maybe it was because I'd been travelling for too long but the more I ate of the panic and fear the less satisfied I felt. I wanted more. More of the nightmare; more... in my distraction I lost control of the dream and the horse woke with a shriek and a jump; throwing me from its head where I had been feeding. Crouching beside the bush I eyeballed them; considering which way I should play this. Innocent bystander would probably work best. Excuse me ma'am, you okay? Have a bad dream?" I had shifted into a more human type form before starting to speak both for ease of understanding and for concealment of my true nature. I didn't feel like explaining that I was a nightmare Kuni; a dream-eater and dimension traveler. Most others didn't understand what that was anyways.

147 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:18 PM

I woke from the dream with a jump and a shriek; looking around wildly as if the rooster would still be right there ready to eat me. Maybe sending a herbivore to track down a creature that liked to eat steak wasn't the best idea. Before I could do much more than jump to my hooves there was a voice to the side that I shied away from; head whipping in its direction to stare at the vaguely human looking thing that was speaking. Its voice sounded male and his colors were dark. For a moment I wondered if it was the critter I'd been sent out to find; shapeshifted and waiting to eat me and the steak both. "Ah, yeah, sorry. Who are you?" It would be polite to introduce myself first but that wasn't happening.

137 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:23 PM

Yup she was definitely still recovering from the dream and now that I wasn't feeding I felt guilty. It was my fault her blood pressure was up and her nerves were all alert. "I'm Kaze, I was passing by when I saw you thrashing about in your sleep." There, that would explain why I had come over. Looking her over I reached into my pack and pulled out a thermos with some lavender tea in it. "Would you like a cup of tea? how come you're out here napping alone anyways?" Hopefully that didn't sound too nosy. I didn't mention that my pack had a lining that let it store things in other planes; most mortals had enough problems with their own plane so it was never fun trying to explain that it was just a pocket in space with other pockets overlapping and surrounding it.

145 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:39 PM

He seemed concerned for her and as her adrenaline started to settle and everything seemed normal she sighed and then nodded. "Yeah a cup of tea would be soothing right now." Going into her pack she pulled out some biscuits to go with the tea; gesturing for the fellow to help himself as she took the cup he offered. "Theres a lost rooster chick out here somewhere so I was trying to help the farm owner find him but stopped to take a nap." and the rest from there on was history. Sipping the tea and eating some of the cookies helped chase away the nightmare she'd had. "Do you have any skills at finding others? I've got bait but I've lost his trail... I can pay you for the assistance." Actually, she wasn't sure if the farm owner was going to give any rewards or not; but that wasn't why she was helping in the first place.

156 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/21/2019 8:43 PM

Bam, just like that she was settling down and even offering him cookies. He took one to be polite; subtly shifting it into his pack when she wasn't looking to make it look like he'd eaten it. My goodness she sure was trusting. At the offer to pay however; his head tilted as he considered it. "I suppose I could team up with you for a little bit since I'm ahead of schedule in my travels." Making a bit of coin and perhaps even learning a bit more about the local culture dynamics would be of a benefit to him once he got to town. It was always easier to barter and bargain when you knew what the locals valued the most. Roosters, hmm? "I might have to fade away to help search; if you promise not to freak out on me I'll help you." After all it was much easier to search in the third realm than here.

159 word count
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate