A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: Searching for the Lost Chick [L] [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:13 PM

There was probably other people and creatures on the look out, though, so that was understandable. Blayze just wished that their prints weren't muddled together with the chick tracks.

"We can't figure much out based on these tracks," Adair pointed out. "We can't even begin to guess which set of these tracks belongs to the other that is still missing."

"Well, the lady did say that it was much bigger than the others, but... none of these tracks seem much bigger than any of the others."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:15 PM

"These aren't useful at all, then," Adair was quick to come to such a conclusion. "We'll need to go about the search a different way."

It was a possibility that they would cover more ground if they split up, but it also meant, if one of them happened to find the chick and it ended up being scared of them, it would be that much more difficult for just one of them to actually be able to safely catch it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:18 PM

So the two decided to stick together, like they usually did.

"Why don't we start in one direction, and begin circling the area?" Blayze suggested. "Since only the farm is probably familiar to it, I have my doubts that it got too far. If anything, it may have rushed out, gotten scared once it found itself in a more unfamiliar area and is now hiding somewhere."

"You said she found the others pretty easily, didn't you? So that's a real possibility."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:20 PM

"Where shall we start?" Blayze questioned, and the two men began to look all around them, in every direction from the broken opening of the fence where they stood.

In one direction, it was pretty much just a big open field, without too many places to hide. It might be good hunting ground for little bugs for the chick to munch on, but if it really preferred steak, then that sort of connection wasn't actually useful to them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:23 PM

"It seems that the best places to hide are in that direction," the blonde pointed the way toward a few trees and what seemed like a shed that wasn't used all too often in the distance. "If your theory is correct, that may be our best bet."

Blayze smiled at the other man, pleased that he was on board with his idea. "Oh, you know... If it really likes steak, then it may come out if it smells its favorite food, right...?" The idea crossed his mind once they set out toward the shed and the trees.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous