A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Searching for the Lost Chick [L] [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:14 PM

Image Image

This wasn't exactly their usual sort of work, but Blayze didn't have the heart to turn the Chimerantula lady down after he'd heard her plight. He, himself, had originated from a farm, prior to gaining his human form, so he felt almost obligated to help out through this sentiment.

Bursting into the mansion's library without any hesitance or careful consideration, where Adair had set up his office, among other things, Blayze shouted out, "Adaaaair! We have another job to do!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Searching for the Lost Chick

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:20 PM

The other Roosken man had been looking over their recent expenses, preparing to balance their accounts again, as was routine, on this quiet day, but found himself interrupted in what was, perhaps, one of the most terrible of ways. He heard the double doors burst open and, certainly, that was followed by Blayze's voice. Indeed.

From the desk where he sat with paperwork neatly scattered about, situated more or less in the middle of the library entryway, and his high end laptop carefully situated, he shot a glare toward the red head from over his glasses.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:23 PM

This glare did not seem to faze Blayze in the least, although he could, without a doubt, feel the sort of gaze that the other man looked at him with; he was that used to it. It would never really deter him. He walked several more paces into the library, toward the blonde's desk, without shutting the doors behind him.

Seeing that the other man couldn't be stopped so easily, Adair set the paperwork in his hands down, and asked, "And what might that be?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:27 PM

In the end, if they received a work assignment, then Adair had no other options but to see it through, even if it meant setting aside other work that was not so urgent and dealing with Blayze's antics. He did dislike being disturbed, and losing his few quiet days, but it was what it was, since he couldn't ignore the red head after making his announcement.

Blayze smiled when he heard Adair's words, closing the space between them hurriedly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:43 PM

It was only a moment before Blayze was standing on the other side of Adair's desk, and proudly held up, probably a little too close to the other man's face, what he'd been carrying all along: a raw steak somehow miraculously shoved into a see through zipped up plastic bag.

With the raw tuskow steak practically being shoved directly into his face, Adair let out a shocked exclamatory sound, and abruptly pushed himself up and out of his chair, taking a step back.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Searching for the Lost Chick [L] [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:48 PM

"What the hell?" He couldn't help the words that came pouring out of his mouth.

Now, to be fair, both of the Rooskens had been little more that just thoughtless birds, just good for eggs and food, if they didn't produce eggs, in the past. And, once they had gained a high level of sentience and their human forms, they had adapted to the fact that consuming not-so-sentient other creatures was the norm of this world. However, they typically did not, and the steak shoved so suddenly into his face had Adair's skin crawling.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:54 PM

"It's a tuskow steak," Blayze responded, stating the obvious.

Part of the man felt guilty for startling Adair; he hadn't expected the other man to react so dramatically, but the other man likely didn't want his apology, knowing him, so the red head didn't bother giving it.

"I can see that!" the blonde huffed. "What in the world are you doing with it like that?" Adair was fine, once he'd stepped back, but he was definitely annoyed, and more than he usually was when Blayze bounded in, causing disturbances.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 1:57 PM

"It was given to me by a Chimerantula lady," Blayze went on to explain.

Although she did not seem to have a human form, like they did, calling her a lady seemed appropriate, since she was plenty sentient, as they were, from what he could tell based on their brief interaction.

"Apparently, she's a farmer. Or, a rancher, rather, and through an accident, some of the chicks she has been raising managed to escape their yard. She found most of them, aside from one that apparently... likes eating steak."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 2:07 PM

Processing what Blayze told him nearly made Adair shudder. A little roosken chick eating steak? What was that lady possibly thinking? Sure, they ate smaller insects and such, so that was also protein, but that just didn't seem right.

But, ultimately, that sort of story basically came down to one of their young brethren being lost, out on their own, and even if the chick wasn't as highly sentient as they were, even Adair couldn't rule out helping to find it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2019 2:09 PM

"So... Our job is to find the lost chick, using the steak as potential bait?" The blonde attempted to confirm with the red head.

Blayze nodded his head. "That pretty much sums it up," he confirmed. "I doubt this will actually be of much use while trying to find it," he said, finally lowered his extended arm that held out the bagged up steak. "But she was handing them out to those she asked to help look, just in case."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 9:46 PM

"I've already ran the job by Emilia," Blayze continued on. "As there is no other urgent work to attend to, she's more than happy to send us on this task."

Both men knew that Emilia would have sent them out on such a task even if there was other work to attend to, since it was them that approached her about it, and it was for a good cause. That was the sort of person she was.

[Second submission starts here]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 9:50 PM

"All right," Adair agreed.

What other choice did he have, really? Not only did he, himself, want to help out the lost chick, but, even though he would not admit it out loud, he didn't want to deny Blayze's request and disappoint him when he was this worked up about something. He was almost jealous of the other man's fiery passion about the things he cared about.

"What else do we need to prepare?" the question was mostly raised for himself to consider it, as he adjusted his glasses.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:03 PM

The answer was simple. "Not too much." The answer came from the Blaze Roosken man, although he figured that the other man only voiced his thoughts to himself. Perhaps his giving an answer would speed things along.

Blayze was right. This didn't seem like a particularly difficult task, so there wasn't much of anything special that they needed to prepare before setting out. Perhaps just the basics, that others might take for a long walk or a hike, at most.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:07 PM

As they often made journeys out of the house for one unusual task or another, they practically had all they needed at their fingertips without much fuss, and the pair of Roosken men set off before too long.

"Here is location where the chick escaped from," Blayze announced, as the pair came up upon the broken fence on the Chimerantula woman's farm.

Since they were setting out to find it, they figured it would be best to start from the point where the chick had escaped.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/27/2019 10:11 PM

In doing so, they might have an inkling of which way the chick went, or be able to make an educated guess, based on being Rooskens, themselves. Aside from, of course, looking for actual clues. Whatever it took.

"Look, there are so many little tracks!" The red head was quick to point out all of the tiny tracks in the loose dirt, though, if he was not mistaken, some of those tracks didn't just belong to little chicks.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next