A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Re: On Safari (Self) [M] [HUNT]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:21 PM

He trusted that nothing could get over the spiked wall unless it was airborne, but many things lurked on the plains which could slink in, unseen; besides, if a group of Serraptors ever decided to charge the barrier, they may well get through, and he would prefer not to be on the front line of such an assault.

He removed his shades as he entered his tent, and laid them on the small set of drawers which passed as his storage.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:24 PM

He collected his wash kit, and scrubbed at his chin; though he never let it get too long, the fine layer of bristles kept the flies and other insects from biting his chin, and he preferred not to trim it unless it got unbearably long.

He made his way over to the showers - little more than a water tank raised above a small cabin, which was refilled weekly - and locked the door behind him, undressing before pulling the cord to make the cool water pour over his head.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:30 PM

The bar of soap never lathered properly, but Hunter was always grateful to cool off and clean the dust and dirt off of himself after a long day on the plains. He scrubbed away, rinsing sparsely to minimise water usage, and only towelled himself lightly when he emerged, trusting that the remaining heat of the day would dry him enough before he went to bed that evening.

His stomach growled as he dressed himself in clean clothes, and he sniffed the air as he emerged from the shower cabin.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:32 PM

As the door swung shut behind him, he spotted one of the other contractors with a rare prize roasting on the fire - it looked like a whole Cavallion was cut into four portions, minus the head and tail, and was being grilled on wire racks over the open fire, which had been widened and made stronger to accommodate for it.

The smell of cooking meat carried on the air, and Hunter shied back, concerned about what else may be attracted by the mouth-watering smell.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:34 PM

"Come on, get it before something else does" called the other contractor, and a queue began to form - it seemed everyone who wasn't still outside wanted some of the meat, and the young male who was cooking sliced it carefully, piling their plates high before indicating they should head over to the food tent for vegetables and a drink.

The food tent was half as big as the main central tent, and housed several chairs and tables, again having all four canvas sides open to the elements, though they could be rolled down and secured in case of wind or dust storms.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/23/2021 9:44 PM

Hunter dropped his belongings in his tent, and headed to the back of the line, taking his plate from the cook and thanking him politely before making his way over to receive his vegetables, drink and cutlery. Some of the others preferred to only use a knife and spoon, but he tried to hold on to as much dignity as he could, even out here where nobody would see except the others who were out here for the same reasons as he was.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2021 5:29 PM

After dinner, he sat outside his tent with his knife and a piece of wood, and spent the evening whittling it into a flute. He wasn't the best at it, but he needed something to do with his hands, and he didn't want to wander or make his own moonshine like some of the other contractors spent their time. The smell of grilled meat was still heavy on the air, the leftovers having been put in the storage unit for tomorrow's breakfast, and he didn't trust it not to attract something to them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2021 5:32 PM

He kept watch until long after the others had gone to bed, moving closer to stoke the fire as it burned itself down to embers. The sound of night life filled the air, and a screech overhead indicated that some airborne beast had spotted what would doubtless become it's dinner in the darkness.

When his eyelids drooped, and he couldn't keep himself awake any longer, he retired to his tent, but he made sure to secure the canvas down and slept fully dressed, rifle and knife within easy reach.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2021 5:41 PM

He awoke to the sound of the alarm bell the next morning, and wasn't surprised to find that something had been into their camp during the night - some tents were torn open, their occupants alive but injured, and the central tent was in great disarray, as if something had searched through it. Claw marks signalled that they had been unable to get into the storage, though it had tried very hard to, if the depth of the marks was anything to go by.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/24/2021 5:47 PM

A loud hissing roar sounded in the distance, and the Contract Negotiator shook his head.

"Right, that's it - that Serraptor has to go. I'm putting this contract out myself - open. Whoever gets it, gets double standard for a Serraptor."

Hunter nodded in agreement, and caught the Contractor's eye, before heading back to his tent to gather his things. He wouldn't be the first out - there were a few brash sorts who would no doubt have already gone, but he wouldn't leave it too long either.

[Wild Pet Found]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous