A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

old flames [Event]

Postby Celtic » 08/01/2021 11:43 AM

Well this was stupid. Why had she even come here? There was literally nothing here. She should be back at work, working on a cure. She couldn't afford any more silly trips like this one.

The small quiksylph buried her head in her hands, close to tears. The dream had been so real and so close to after visiting the wishing well? She could still hear her love's voice begging her to come, begging her to find her somewhere in these vast plains.

It was just a dream, she'd tried repeating it to herself over and over but she couldn't get it out of her head.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: old flames [Event]

Postby Celtic » 08/01/2021 11:45 AM

The warmth of her voice, the sense of completeness she felt... It had been too much. The dream had too much feeling for her to ignore. A week ago she'd left her lab and her work to seek out that feeling. She was a scientist, and she was following a dream. What a stupid girl. Dying had made her too soft, too willing to take on these idiotic quests.

Where would she even start? Where could she start? There was nothing here. Was she supposed to just stumble upon her long lost love randomly out here? What was it she imagined would happen when she got here?

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/01/2021 11:55 AM

Well she hadn't actually thought that far. She didn't think she'd get here and she had literally no idea what she would do when she got here. This place was called vast for a reason-- it was huge. She couldn't possibly search the whole area by herself. Not that she'd accepted any help from her lab mates when they'd offered. She wanted to find Seren by herself. She wanted that feeling of being reunited all to herself. She didn't want to share it with anyone. It was hers to have.

She'd been walking all day, and the sun had gone down.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/01/2021 11:58 AM

Jade laid down under the stars. She didn't need a sleeping bag or a tent, she was fine existing just like this. Alone, under full view of the stars. She loved the stars, how she blended in with them. It made her feel at peace, even if just for a moment. That moment of peace thankfully stretched out and she had soon fallen asleep.

"Jaaaaade. Jade, wake up!" Seren's warm voice enveloped her like a hug, Jade eye's wouldn't open though and she couldn't see her beautiful face. Her heart started beating faster as she realized she couldn't move, she couldn't get to Seren. She was right there!

"Jade, shh, calm down!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/01/2021 12:00 PM

"You will find me, I promise. I'm near. Just look with your heart."

The warmth left and Jade felt empty immediately, sending herself into a panic. She woke up, shot straight to standing and looked around frantically for any sign of Seren. There was nothing. It was just another dream. "It felt so real..." She muttered and sat down, defeated.

I'm near, just look with you heart. The words floated into Jade's mind. I'm near. Could she trust the dream? Was it just her own stupid desperate heart creating this scenario? She wouldn't be surprised. She missed Seren so much more than anything else from her old life.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items