A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

A Snow Day, HOORAY! [(P)]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/23/2008 6:08 PM

Snowy
Radenisk
Malizian

"C'mon!" shouted the light blue kuhna, her pelt blending a bit in the snow that covered the plains. A Rollaby folled after her, leaving a trail in the snow. A lucain stumbled along behind them. "Wait- Snowy!" he shouted as he fell again. The Rollaby laughed. Snowy hit him with a paw as she came back to Radenisk. "Sorry, Rade. You okay?" she asked for the millionth time. The lucain just nodded as he got up slowly. The Rollaby snorted. "You're too uncoordinated to be okay." he said loudly. Snowy jumped on Malizian. "Stop being so mean!" she growled. Malizian just snorted and shook her off. "You can't tell me what to do." Suddenly a cream-colored paw came down on his chest. "But I can." Radenisk said, pressing the Rollaby back down in the snow.

Ignoring the two as they bickered, Snowy went off on her own. She had told Raden they were here to look for some friends, and she had told Malizian that they were going to find someone to prank. She had fooled both of them, hoping that she could draw them out to help her find a Wombear. They interested her.

[All 1]

(Robo and me only for now! We're working on this plot... thing. X3)
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/23/2008 7:33 PM

ImageImage
(-Pops in- X3)

Napoleon had never seen snow before.

This was why the Lakundra slowly padded through the white substance, his eyes filled with wonder. "Taboo," His deep voice rumbled, "What is this...white thing?"

"Snow." The Bubblegum Kuhna up ahead called. "C'mon, Napoleon." Taboo mischeivously scooped up some snow, rolling it so it was just the perfect shape...

"Taboo? What are you-?" A snowball greeted Napoleon as it slammed into his face, sending the huge Lakundra rolling through the snowy ground. If it hadn't been for the red and blue on his fur, he would have been invisible. Confused, Napoleon sat up, carefully shaking the snow off his fur. He had no such luxury though. Snowballs seemed to rain from above on the hapless Napoleon.

"Snowball fight!" Taboo cheerily called, his pink eyes full of mischeif. "C'mon Napoleon! Let's have some fun!"

The Lakundra slowly got up, blinking in confusion. As if realizing something, Napoleon began to pile the snow as quickly as he could on top of each other, Taboo's snowballs still pelting him.

Taboo watched as Napoleon heaved up the huge pile of snow...what was he-? Oh. Crap.

Napoleon had made a huge snowball, almost twice his size. Taboo began running, hoping that the snowball wouldn't hit him...

Wishful thinking never did work. The snowball crashed into the Kuhna, sending him sliding a good three feet or so. Napoleon lumbered over, watching his friend curiously.

"Got you."

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/23/2008 7:56 PM

((OOC: I was hoping you'd bring Taboo. X3))

Where would a Wombear be hiding? Snowy thought to herself. She snuffled at the ground, then suddenly feeling a bit of snow fall on her. She shook it off, looking up. A Bubblegum kuhna slid along the snow, a giant snowball being the one to do it. "Hey!" she called, running down towards him. "You okay?" she asked, prodding him gently with her paw.

Malizian noticed that Snowy had gone, but he didn't care much. He was more intent on arguing with Radenisk. "Get off me, you brute!" he shouted, punching at Rade's paw with no avail. Radenisk brought his maw down close to Mali's. "No. Not until you promise to be nice."
"Never. You and Snowy are babies. Babies!" he shouted for emphasis.
Raden sighed. Malizian was so thick-skulled.

Snowy looked around, trying to locate the maker of the mountainous snowball. She squinted, finding a red, white and blue figure in the snow. Odd... it was a lakundra. She'd never seen one of them! She liked her form of course, but she would like to be a lakundra, just to see what it's like... "Hey you! He your friend?" she called to the Lakundra, pointing at Taboo.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/23/2008 8:20 PM

"You okay?"
The words were barely heard by Taboo as he shook the snow off of him. When he got his head on right though, the Bubblegum just stared. What a strange Kuhna! Taboo had never seen any Kuhna like her! "I'm fine." Taboo shivered slightly in the cold. Thank the gods he had a thick pelt. "Wha- I mean, who are you?"

Napoleon tilted his head at the strangely colored Kuhna, blinking. "Yes. Taboo is my friend." The Lakundra suddenly belly-flopped onto the snow, yawning. "Taboo, I am tired."

"Tired?" Taboo rolled his eyes. "C'mon, Napoleon! Let's go do something fun..."

Napoleon did not seem to hear his friend. He rolled over, licking off the snow sticking to his muzzle. "I will take a nap here, in the snow..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/23/2008 8:29 PM

Snowy giggled. These two were very fun to watch. "You do that." she said to Napoleon. She then turned to the other kuhna. "I'm Snowy." she said sweetly. "And I'm glad you're okay. That was one heck of a spill! You guys having a snowball fight?" she said, shoveling a bit of snow into her paw. "I would join you any other day, but not today. I'm-" she stopped as her name was called.

"Snowy!" Malizian's voice echoed across the plains. The kuhna scowled. "Could you wait a second?" she said, running up towards her friends. As she came upon the scene, Malizian was buried up to his neck in snow, Rade standing there and laughing. Seeing Snowy, he went silent. "He... called me a baby." he said quietly. Snowy smiled. Boy, did Raden take out odd revenge! She giggled. "It's okay, Rade." she said, quietly padding towards Malizian. "Mali, I don't know what to do with you." she said. The Rollaby turned his head, snorting. "You're going to leave me here." he said angrily. Snowy shook her head. "No, I need your help." she mewed. He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "For what?" he asked. "A Wombear hunt." she meowed, hopping on his head. She started to push some snow off his neck.

"You look like a snowman."
"I know."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/23/2008 8:53 PM

Snowy. The name fitted her very well. Taboo padded after Snowy, glancing at Napoleon. "Are you coming-?"

"I will come," The Lakundra muttered. "After I think over something."

Think over something? It was rare for Napoleon to be troubled by something. Taboo shook the thought out of his mind. He will figure it out later. "I'll be with Snowy, all right?"

"Fine." Napoleon's voice was barely audible. "Let me think, for a while, Taboo. I will follow you when I am ready."

A tad comforted, the Kuhna bounded after his newfound friend. As he neared the trio, the other two were a Lucain and Rollaby, he heard Snowy mention a Wombear hunt...

"A Wombear?" Taboo curiously asked. "You're looking for a Wombear?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/23/2008 8:59 PM

Snowy looked at the Bubblegum kuhna. "Uhm, yeah. Why?" she asked, pushing more snow away. Instead of helping, Raden walked up to Taboo. "Hello there, little guy. Who are you?" he asked. Snowy laughed. "Rade, this is Taboo. I met him only a few minutes ago." The lucain nodded. "I see. And what's this about a Wombear hunt? I don't remember a mention of hunting for a Wombear." he said cooly. Snowy sighed. She'd been caught. "Fine. I tricked you so you would come with me to find a Wombear." The Rollaby under her snorted. "Figures you'd trick us."
"Hey Mali?"
"Yes?"
"I have claws and I'm on your head. You figure it out, mastermind."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/24/2008 2:51 AM

"It's just, Wombears...they might be hibernating underneath all this snow." Taboo off-handly said. "Oh, nice to meet y'all." The Kuhna added as he studied the other two. He felt a smile tug at his face. He could tell this was going to be one fun hunt. Fun. Ah darn it! Where was Napoleon?

While Taboo was talking to the trio below, Napoleon was looking at the clear, frosty sky, his pale eyes drowning in his past. The Lakundra closed his eyes, feeling the snow melting underneath his body's warmth, wetting his fur.

"Fire!" The order pierced the air like a siren, splitting the already thick tension-filled air.

Napoleon felt a shiver run down his spine as the enemy's cannons aimed at them, and that inevitable bang of cannon fire and smoke would soon fill the air.

The battle had begun.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/24/2008 1:00 PM

The Rollaby had stayed silent as the Kuhna worked on digging him out, all the while having a conversation with the Bubblegum Kuhna. "So? I bet Mali and Rade's fighting woke some up." she said. "And... I didn't know they hibernate." she muttered, pushing more snow off the blue Rollaby. He was soon free up to his shoulders. "Hey, Taboo, would you mind...?" Snowy said, motioning to the snow piled on Malizian's arms. "If you could uncover his paws while I finish the top of his body, he should be able to get himself out from there." she said, pushing some snow away on the other side of his body. Her tails twitched and twirled furiously as she worked, making it a very hilarious site, seeing as said tails kept twitching over Malizian's nose. He sneezed. "Bless you." said Snowy quietly as more snow fell off his shoulders.

Radenisk watched the two conversing. He didn't feel like talking. He wasn't much of a talker anyways. He walked around a bit, and suddenly let out a small yelp as he, yet again, tripped. This time he started to roll towards Napoleon. Snowy didn't even notice, but Malizian did. He also said nothing. He deserves it. the mean Rollaby thought to himself.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/24/2008 6:49 PM

Taboo began to brush the snow off the Rollaby's paws, shivering from the water that was clinging to his fur. Dang, it was cold now! The Kuhna bit back a laugh as Snowy's tails twitched everywhere. It almost winded him from the sheer will it took and he had to sit down to gasp some air. "I'm fine." He managed to pass a giggle as a choke. "I just...need some rest."

Napoleon was suddenly brought back to reality, the icy, piercing wind making him shiver. The Lakundra reared to his paws, shaking off the clinging snow and water. He could see Taboo talking to the others down there. It pained him much but...he would need...alone time. A Lucain's scent wafted under his nose. Was someone following him? It didn't matter. He wouldn't follow where Napoleon was going anyway. Without another word, he began to pad away, toward the horizon. His easy, ambling stride soon became a sprint.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/25/2008 6:44 PM

As Radenisk slowed in his rolling, he vaguely noticed another being near him. He got up, his head still spinning from the awful fall. He took a wobbly step forward, then another. As he regained his footing, he looked forward as best he could. There... was there something there? Maybe he was imagining it... I mean, it WAS white... but there's some blue... and red... and wings! Yes, yes it WAS a pet... a kuhna? No, it was too big... before he could figure it out, he collapsed. He needed to rest his aching head. He soon fell asleep in the ever rising layer of snow. It was so cold...

Snowy smiled as Taboo regained his composure. "You sure your okay?" she asked, a bit of concern in her eyes. She didn't want to see a friend she just made hurt already. Malizian sniffed. "Excuse me, could you plea- AHHHH-CHOOO!" he shouted, sneezing. Snowy squealed as she slid off the Rollaby's head from the force of the honk. She giggled as she pulled off the rest of the snow on his side. "Of course it was that simple." she meowed jokingly. "Of course!" The Rollaby made haste of his freedom from his cold and unforgiving prison. "FREEDOM!" he shouted, and quickly started to roll away. Snowy started to chase after him, then turned back. "Wanna catch Mr. I'm-Too-Good-For-Everyone?" she said, smiling at her own joke. Malizian was a bit of a snob.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/25/2008 7:38 PM

Taboo suddenly burst out laughing at the Rollaby, starting as a slight giggle which burst into a full-out guffaw. "Are all your friends like this?" The Kuhna found it hard to speak. "Sorry, I...didn' mean any...harm..." The laughter was now controlled as he regained control of himself. "It's just...your friends are funny...not in a bad way." Taboo brushed some snow off his pelt. "Let's go catch up to Mr. Snob, then." His mind began to wander back to Napoleon. Where was that Lakundra? He didn't break any promises as far as he knew...

Napoleon's keen ears detected the faint thump as something hit the snow. He stopped in his tracks and padded toward the figure that had fallen face-first into the snow. He lowered himself eye to eye with the Lucain. Gingerly, he rolled him over and put a huge paw over his chest. Heartbeat...okay...breathing...okay...temperature...okay... Napoleon tried to decide what to do with the Lucain, his brow furrowing as he did so. He had to do something important though...this Lucain might slow him down. That task he had to do tugged at him, whispering rush rush rush... Nevertheless, he wouldn't leave a pet behind. Without much thought, he picked the Lucain up in his paws and steadily marched through the thick snow. Who knows? he might be useful later...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/26/2008 4:38 PM

Radenisk was only half awake as the Lakundra carried him farther and farther away from Snowy and Malizian. Who knows what he was thinking, his mind seemed stretched in all different directions. He slowly let the steady motion of his carrier walking lull him to sleep.

Malizian rolled faster as the two kuhnas chased after him. "You'll never catch me... NEVA!" he shouted, adding a bit of an accent to his last word. Malizian always tried to seem sophisticated and innocent, when really he was just a joker who got his troubles blamed on others. Snowy rolled her eyes as she sped along the smooth snowy surface of the Plains. It felt good to feel that cold rush of air against her light blue fur. Ah, how the freedom to run felt! She was always a rule-follower, so that meant no freedom at the pen. No running, no rough-housing, no doing anything that might disturb the others. How she hated rules, but she also hated making others angry or upset. That was worse.

Snowy laughed. "Yes, all my friends are like this. I think it might be what they're feeding us back at the pen." she said. Almost every pet at her pen acted like this: fun, easy to be around, carefree let's run attitude. Snowy was also beginning to notice that Taboo seemed to have a bit of a breathing problem. She made sure the fact stuck in her brain. She didn't want to forget any details of her first friend outside the pen.

[[7]]

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 02/27/2008 8:20 PM

Taboo playfully chased along with them, the wind whipping his face, the soft snow crunching under his feet...

Ah wait a second! He forgot something! The Kuhna slowed down, blinking his eyes in confusion. Instinctivly, he reached for the fake arrow on his head. No, it was there. What was missing then...?

Oh shiz. Napoleon!

"I'msorrybutIneedtogetNapoleon!" Taboo barely breathed as he spoke to Snowy. He dashed past her, toward the hill where he had left the Lakundra. "Napoleon!" The Bubblegum Kuhna cried. "Napoleon! I'm sorry, I forgot all about you!" He clambered up the steep hill, slipping every now and then in his haste. "Napol-" As Taboo reached the top of the hill, he blinked. There was no sign of his friend except for some huge pawprints. "Napoleon?"

Panic gripped him. His friend was missing! Oh darnohdarnohdarn...

Somewhere, far from where Taboo was standing, Napoleon was decending down a deep cave. If he could remember...if he still had the key...

The Lucain had fallen asleep in his paws, barely stirring. The Lakundra did hope that he wouldn't cause a ruckus to where they were going. After all, it was extremely dangerous in that secret place...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/28/2008 7:09 PM

Snowy watched as the Bubblegum Kuhna ran towards his friend. She had also forgotten about the Lakundra Napoleon. She wondered if he was still there... yet, she also thought someone was missing. Who could it be? Suddenly a voice in her head started to scream. YOU IDIOT, WHERE'S RADE?!?! it told her forcefully. She almost yowled aloud. She quickly dashed after Taboo, finding a long rutt in the snow that also had marks where something sharp pierced the ground. Wingblades. A certain clumsy lucain's wingblades. She ran faster, suddenly worried that something had happened to the strong and quiet lucain. No wonder she didn't even notice his absence, he never talked!

Malizian turned around looking back to find no one chasing him. He frowned. What happened to their game? He scowled, then got up, hopping forward a bit. It felt... odd, to hop. He liked rolling better, it had a nice flow to it. he tried running. He fell. Twice. Oh boy, was he funny looking, with those big feet flopping. Where were his playmates? He wanted to continue the chase. It was more fun than just sitting around.

Radenisk sighed, his mind clouded with a sweet winded plain and his family everywhere. He could even pick some out, like his mother and his father and his other relatives. It was nice. He didn't want it to end. So Napoleon was safe. For now. But hopefully, his dream wouldn't become a nightmare...

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items