A wide open area of flat, grassy land and rocky trenches, supposedly a wide range of ancient civilizations once lived here. Species that like wide, open areas, such as Gyrophants, Serraptors, and Sahound, thrive here, though only the agile survive. (+3 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Vast Plains

Postby robopup24 » 02/28/2008 7:39 PM

Dang! Taboo followed the pawprints, his heart pounding like mad. What if Napoleon got lost? What if some huge giant Turkezilla decided to eat him? The question that hurt him the most was why Napoleon would want to leave him.

Weren't they friends? Weren't they almost like brothers? Why, then? Why would the clumsy Lakundra leave?

"Napoleon!" Taboo's body screamed for rest, screamed for his legs to stop running. Still, he pressed on, following the tracks, his breath coming out in short gasps. "Napoleon!"

He slowed down, almost tumbling head first into the snow. "Napoleon..." The cry was now a weak whisper, "Where...why?"

Taboo wasn't as far away where Napoleon was. The Lakundra, in fact, could hear his friend's pained cries faintly in the distance. Napoleon, hesitating as his paw was about to open the door, toyed with the thought that he should go back, comfort his friend...

No. With a quiet sneeze, Napoleon waved his paw over a certain portion of the stone wall. "Akabar ziamar Zu'hai." Napoleon's voice eerily rang through the crevices and cracks. Silence.

And then came a huge, ear-splitting roar as the wall literally tore itself apart, revealing a grand arch, shimmering and humming. Strange runes were carved over it, pulsing, beckoning to them.

He had to hurry. Without another thought, Napoleon flung himself into the portal, feeling the cool, strange liquid/solid surface of the portal engulfing him...

(OOC: Wow. o .o I hope you won't get mad at me Snowy. This is spiraling away from a Wombear hunt ^ ^; If you get annoyed, just let me know and I'll edit the post~)

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/01/2008 9:40 PM

[OOC: XD That's okay, Robo. We'll get back on track later. This seems interesting... X3]

Radenisk heard a sneeze. He felt something around his chest. Paws... fuzzy paws. Somepet was carrying him? He opened a bleary eye to see a portal in front of him. Suddenly scared, he shut his eyes. I'm being kidnapped!

Snowy ran after her trail of prints also, and they led to Taboo. She saw how pained he looked, and her heart broke for such a sight. The poor kuhna. She quickly ran over to him, quietly stopping him and twining her tails with his to comfort him. "Shhh... it's alright... don't worry, we'll find him... " she said. She scanned the ground for more of Raden's prints. Odd, they stopped right at Napoleon's tracks, and from the deeper Lakundra prints up ahead, Snowy could only guess... "I think he has Rade with him." she said quietly. She licked the poor Bubblegum kuhna beside her. Poor little guy, he looked so... vulnerable and innocent.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 03/02/2008 5:12 PM

"He wouldn't just leave, would he?" Taboo blankly stared at the ground, trying to keep his tears from overflowing. "He's my best friend..." He almost jumped at Snowy's touch, a bit startled that she sorta cared. "Thanks." Taboo sniffled.

And then suddenly, out of nowhere, a deep rumble rose from underground, turning into a sharp crack. The Bubblegum Kuhna jerked up, surprised. Where was that coming from-?

Napoleon, still holding onto the Lucain, tumbled out into a grassy meadow, a slight growl coming from him. It was nighttime, and there were strange little balls of light dancing around, oblivious to the newcomers. Behind them, the portal still shimmered a dull blue, giving a strange hum. The Lakundra raised a wary eye around him, his tails stiff. He sniffed the air and suddenly relaxed, as if comforted that there was no danger nearby.

Now, about the Lucain...

Napoleon gently laid him on the soft grass, his huge paws brushing against his fur. "Wake up," He rumbled, careful not to startle him.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/03/2008 8:33 PM

Radenisk opened his eyes. "What are you DOING?!" he shouted, baring his teeth. "Kidnapper!" he barked, then started to run. Had he slept for that long? It was nighttime now. The portal wasn't remembered right away, but when the humming met his ears he stared at it. "W-w-what is that?" he stuttered, scared.

Snowy heard it too. "What the-!" she shouted, getting closer to Taboo. It scared her, it was so loud... She bristled. "Do you think...?" she asked, turning to Taboo. She wasn't sure, but she thought that the noise might be linked to Napoleon.

Malizian saw their tracks. He scowled. "So they leave me to run around in 8 inches of snow!" he shouted as he made his way through the deepening snow. "Hey! You two little lovebirds!" he shouted, seeing them so close together. He apparently didn't hear the sharp crack the ground had made. "What are you DOING over there?"

Snowy quickly jumped to the side from Taboo when she heard Malizian, reddening furiously. "We're not lovebirds!" she spat, glaring at the Rollaby. He just smiled cooly back. The evil little rollaby.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 03/03/2008 9:08 PM

Lovebirds?! Before Taboo could growl at the Rollaby, his worry for Napoleon took over. He quickly scanned the ground and spotted the cave and dashed toward it without a second thought. "Napoleon! Where are you?"

And then he stopped in the middle of his tracks. "...Whoa." The huge portal loomed over him, somewhat ominous as it hummed and glowed. "What is that?"

"Kidnap?" Napoleon seemed a bit taken back at that and his ears layed flat. "But I didn't..." When the Lucain noticed the portal, the Lakundra heaved a long sigh. "You are no longer in Evelon, Lucain." He rumbled. "You are in another world..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/03/2008 9:19 PM

Radenisk stared at him with wide eyes, horrified. "But- butbutbut..." he hesitated, then said, "Tell me where we are, you, or I'll rip you to pieces!" he shouted, growling menacingly.

Snowy followed after him. "Wait, Taboo!" she shouted, his running faster than her own. Suddenly, he was in front of her, staring up at the blueish portal. She tried to stop quickly, but instead she slid forward on the cold snow right into Taboo. It sent them both flying through the portal.

Malizian blinked and the two were gone. Where had they gone to again? He sighed, then followed after them in the direction they were running. He didn't see them go into the portal, but he was interested in it. He put an experimental paw through it, it was cool to the touch, and the sensation was odd. He then stepped through the rest of the way. He thought it would be interesting to see what the other side looked like.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 03/11/2008 6:26 PM

Impact!

As Snowy slammed into the unfortunante Kuhna, they flew into the cold embrace of the strange portal. All was dark and they were floating in pure nothingness...

And then they tumbled into the soft grass, landing right in front of Napoleon's huge paws.

The giant Lakundra did not run away. He simply watched Taboo slowly regain his bearings of where he was. Those pink eyes widened as they fell on him. "Napoleon!" The Kuhna rushed foward to embrace Napoleon but his friend simply stepped back.

"You are not safe here." Napoleon's voice was hardly above a whisper. "Go back, my friend. Go back into the portal."

"What are you talking about?" Taboo was startled.

His question was answered by a distant horn blaring in the distance, followed by the faint beating of war drums.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/11/2008 7:13 PM

Snowy didn't like the sound of those drums. She slowly got up, uncrumpling herself from her position on the ground. Her tails flinched every beat she heard of the drums. The horns blared in her ears. She was frightened. "Taboo, what's going on?" she asked, her eyes clouded with worry. She was like that when things were bad. A worrier.

Malizian pulled himself through the portal, glad to be on solid ground again. It was odd, going through that portal. But he would not be discouraged. Never. It was not in his nature. He quickly dusted himself off and took a look around at his surroundings. His ears trembled as the sound of a battle song rang in his sensitive ears. And suddenly he was face to face with Snowy's twitching tails. "Not again!" he yelped. Snowy turned around hissing, startled by his sudden appearance. "But- how- you- here?" Snowy said, her speech broken into pieces as she tried to find the right sentence. The Rollaby just waved his paw at her in a bored manner. "Yes yes, I know, you didn't think I would follow you, hm?" he said snidely. Snowy scrunched up her face at his remark, but didn't say anything.

Radenisk was so happy. There they were, his friends! Right in front of them. He ran forward, nosing Snowy. She jumped up in suprise, but upon seeing his face, immeadiatley clung to it. "Radenisk! Don't ever fall away from us again." she said.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 03/11/2008 7:40 PM

"This world, my friend, is dangerous. You cannot stay here! If they find you all..."

"Then why are you here?" Taboo demanded, his tails bristling. None of this made sense...weren't they still on Evelon? "If it's so dangerous, why are you here, Napoleon?"

"I cannot explain." The Lakundra's words were becoming hurried, breathless. "The war is worsening here...you must get back home!"

At the same moment those words left Napoleon's lips, arrows out of nowhere rained down on them, many of them barely missing their target.

"RUN!" Napoleon's powerful roar scattered the little balls of light as he tried to see where the attackers were. "RUN!"

Taboo's legs didn't need any prompting, but his mind made him cling onto the huge Lakundra. "I'm not going to leave-"

An arrow suddenly pierced its target. Napoleon spun around and let out a yowl of pain and anger as the metal bit into his flesh. The war drums, meanwhile, seemed to be getting closer and closer...

Taboo clung stubbornly onto the Lakundra, fighting back hot tears. "Napoleon! I am not leaving without you...you big lump!" It was obvious that the Kuhna was not going to leave anytime soon.

Napoleon did something he knew he would regret later. He heaved up his tiny friend and tossed him as far as he could, into the thick woods. Taboo tumbled down a steep hill, the world jerking and spinning...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/30/2008 5:11 PM

"Taboo!" Snowy yowled, and chased after his tumbling body. Radenisk followed. Malizian hesitated, but then followed. He figured he should be with the ones he was most familiar with. As he followed after his penmates, he watched the lakundra. He facinated him.

Snowy was scared. How could that Lakundra do that to Taboo?! "Taboo!" she called again, scared for the poor Kuhna. "Raden, hurry!" she called to the stumbling Lucain.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/19/2008 1:57 PM

Raden didn't like to hurry. He had trouble hurrying, for it usually caused unwanted accidents and -most of the time- falling. This occasion was no different. Finding his face on the ground more than pointed towards Snowy, he decided that running wasn't worth it. He stayed behind, letting Snowy run ahead of him. He would find her later. Carefully, he picked himself up, brushing dirt out of his thick fur.

Malizian wasn't paying any attention. But when an arrow pinned his foot, he decided that running was a good idea. Knowing that it would probably be smarter to go with Snowy and Raden, he stayed with Napoleon. He could tell it was dangerous, but that's what made it exciting. And of course, he had to be a risk-taker.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 04/24/2008 12:08 AM

(OOC: Sorry DX; I'm becoming...really lazy >3>;)

Taboo stared at his friend for a long time, his tails twitching in disbelief. Finally, tearing himself away, he took off into the woods, not daring to look back. If he looked back, all those feelings would rush back again and he would not leave...

Napoleon barely noticed Malizian as he swerved this way and that, snarling unintelligibly under his breath. The attackers emerged from the thickets. Their bodies were made purely of twisting shadows: only their gleaming, white eyes were visible. The steady beating of the drums grew faster and the arrows fell by the thousands. Napoleon stepped back, ignoring the pain that was surging through him, and charged at the huge multitude. The shadows drew back in surprise, but quickly regained their senses. They groped at the Lakundra eagerly, dragging him to the ground. A few of the other shadows noticed Malizian and slithered toward them, their etheral hands reaching out for him.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/05/2008 8:03 PM

((OOC: Room for one more?))

Common Hollowheart

Organic Fenling

"Hurry Attacker, hurry!" Yelled a worried Fenling. "I'm trying Tree, I'm trying!" The Hollowheart she was riding on yelled back. Diving at the shadows, he realeased a burst of fire at the demons. Landing, he released another burst of fire, trying to protect Malizian. Tree jumped off of Attacker's back, and lunged at the monsters. Lighting a torch, she waved it around at the shadows, trying to scare them off. "Be gone!"
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/13/2008 7:42 PM

((Amber, I'm just gonna ignore your post, just because this is sorta Robo's plot... sorta. Not to be mean. If you make a different post of your pets stumbling upon the gate that they went through, I think that'd be okay...))

Malizian struggled to pull the arrow out, suddenly frightened by the enclosing shadows. "Hey... hey! Back off... please!" he shouted, waving his arms around, then going back to pulling the arrow out of his foot. Managing to set it free, blood welled up from his foot. He paid no attention to it, now using the arrow to try to drive back his attackers.

Snowy ran after Taboo, distracted by his sudden burst that she didn't notice Raden stopping and heading towards them calmly. She burst after him, her claws tearing at the turf.

Raden watched the two run off quietly, picking the rest of the grass out of his fur. Managing to make his pelt look clean, he quickly started trotting after them, going at the pace he felt worked for him.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 09/13/2008 8:04 PM

(I'll agree with Snowy. You can join, Amber, but you'll have to make a different post that shows your pets going through the portal or something like that.)

Taboo stopped running, his chest burning. He sat down, his tails twitching, and he looked straight ahead, his gaze dulled. "What the heck have we gotten into?" The Kuhna began to cry. "None of this makes sense!" If only life had a rewind button. Then they could go back, back to the snowy plains and he would've dragged Napoleon with them instead of leaving him out to run off on his own...

The shadows kept back from the Rollaby, staring at him in... amazement? The biggest shadow of them all, one distinctly shaped like a Gyrraptor, signaled to the trees. The arrows suddenly stopped falling. The shadows kept their grip on Napoleon, and the Lakundra let out a low growl. The Gyrraptor shadow turned to Malizian and whispered, "You. Blue one. Is this beast with you?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext